PDA

View Full Version : MR4BX Carpet Setup

JonB
21-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi, Im racing at the York Finals on Sunday but am struggling to find a setup for my MR4BX that works consistently well on carpet. Could anyone give me some pointers please?

Changes I would have to make to the kit setup would be great or a set up sheet would be even better - I cant seem to find an appropriate one on CML or Petite RC. For info, when I raced last night at my local club with the rear ballstuds in kit position the car spins round like a top and with the rear upside down ballstud mod it grip rolls like mad!!

Thanks Jon

vader
21-03-2007, 03:26 PM
ask NeilD, he runs a BX at York and does quite well with it

NeilD
21-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't know about doing quite well!

I run the upside down ballstuds and find i've not had any problems with grip rolling. I've recently experimented with the Yoke spring set but still feel the kit std black springs are the best at York. In the rear shocks i use Assoc No.1 pistons with Assoc 35wt oil and kit std fr. pistons with 25wt oil. I have had a few probs with rr end grip but i've run in a set of Schumacher yellow mini pins and things were much better. I'm going to experiment with a few wings on Sunday to see if they can calm the rr a bit more, i was running the curved wing with a full rip but i'm going for no rip this time round.

Hope this is of some help.

Neil.

JonB
21-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Neil,

Thanks for the advice - good to get it from a guy with local knowledge!

On the rear end mod, do you space up the second plate on which the ball studs are mounted? If so, by how much?

Thanks again

NeilD
22-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Glad to be of help, no you don't.

NeilD
22-03-2007, 04:05 PM
When i say no i actually mean yes :eh?:

Do you have the 4mm thick carbon piece that fits under the original ball stud mount?