PDA

View Full Version : castor fusion rtr

jayst
11-08-2009, 01:28 PM
has anybody got 1 of these . wots ur opinion on them . i was thinkin of running 2x lrp 5300 40c lipos in 1 .are they reliable . comments welcome thanks

Answer-RC-Pete
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
I love them but am biased ;-)

The LRPs will be great in there. Just make sure you follow the esc set up in terms of timing an punch and all will be good, also worth having is one of the motor heatsinks which are only a few quid.

Rebuild the shocks with a oil that better suits your track as the stock stuff is a little temperature sensitive.
Some people have not been mad on the stock Pivot Balls but in fairness mine have held up and had some serious hammer but if you do have an issue the Ghea ones are Ace!

There are a few options that are nice but certainly not must haves but isnt that always the case..

You will love the whole brushless eighth concept esp if you have run rallycross as its just so much smoother..

Pete

jayst
11-08-2009, 01:52 PM
which would be the best heatsink . some links would be nice . thanks

Answer-RC-Pete
11-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Caster do one pictured below which is ideal but a normal 540 one fits as the motor is the same diameter (just longer) so long as its chunky enough to draw enough heat away.

Pete

http://www.answer-rc.com/admin/images/products/JR-0133-1.jpg

jayst
11-08-2009, 02:27 PM
cheers pete i do have 1/10th heatsink with 2 fans on

Answer-RC-Pete
11-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Whack that on it then - will be fine.

Pete

jayst
11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
is there any pinions or anything to get or just run out of the box ? . maybe a power cap for the spektrum i will be using ?

Answer-RC-Pete
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
The Kit comes with a 13t, a 12t is nicer on the track as you dont need the top end so much, it also keeps things a little cooler.

In terms of Power cap - the Bec on the ESC is pretty good theough the cap never hurts TBH. It really depends what you do with the steering servo.. I have always run Spekky in mine with no cap and an Ace and not had a single issue - if you start putting 30kg Robot servos in there its time to get the caps out!

jayst
11-08-2009, 02:47 PM
ok thanks pete . so wot springs & oil to use on grass which is fairly smooth and astro/dirt which is bumpy and also tyres . do i need to change diff oils aswell ? any spares to carry ?

Answer-RC-Pete
11-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Al lot of that is personal choice - I have been running the BigBores on mine so shock set up will be off compared to stock shocks.

The original tyres are not bad - like a Crime Fighter if that means anything to you// Good on dry astro and grass.
For the wet many run Angle SPikes (Hobao) but they are very aggressive and need some trimming. Other than that Medial Pro Rats, DLD Splinters or generally a spike that is a little less aggressive than Hobao.

Run the diffs in with the grease they come assembled with then strip down and re oil using proper diff oils. Damn near anything is better than plain grease. 7 7 2 is a starter but talk to two people running the same car at the same location they could be running very different oils.. It really is a matter of trial and error to find what suits you..

Answer-RC-Pete
11-08-2009, 02:53 PM
..... And dont foregt threadlock is your friend -

Pay attention to Motor screws, steering crank posts and the nmotor mount screws.