PDA

View Full Version : York Indoor finals .. tyre choice for 4wd and diff options ??

Colinevan
22-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Have never raced before at york, so would like to know what tyre choice i should go for the finals this sunday.

I attended the Batley supercup and majorly sufferred from no rear end grip at all in my final so is it a similar scenario here?

Iv got yellow mini pins - although theyve practically worn out and new yellow mini spikes that i would revert to back for the outdoor season @ southport.

What tyre combo will most people be using for 4wd? and lastly do any of you run zx-5's, if so what diff option are you guys running with.

Thanks for your time.

Col.:cool:

Northy
22-03-2007, 07:41 PM
The fast guys run pins. The carpet isn't mega grippy so there isn't a massive difference between the floor and carpet. Worn ones will be pants though. Spikes are 'safe'.

G

dave p hall
22-03-2007, 08:00 PM
i would go for minispikes over minipins every time for indoors, :eh?: for me minipins are to grippy on carpet, and to slidy on polish floor ;) but i have started using full spikes 2.2 yellow compound, okay not the grippiest on carpet,but if track has more polish than carpet,then for me they are brill:rolleyes: im finding i can go round the track a lot quicker:cool: ive just ordered some soft cat spikes which are a lot lower profile, which is what i use to use way back when i had works yokomo:rolleyes: as for me lazer i run front diff, with no one way center layshaft, for me the back end breaks away to easy under braking:eh?: oh well thats my view;) everyone to there own as they say,bring on sunday:p

Col
22-03-2007, 08:40 PM
over the last few weeks at club meets, people with spikes on have been running near identical times to people with the same level of ability running mini pins. Huntington is a different venue though, but it basically is like G says. All the F1's will be running mini pins and they will be fastest round the track. I'm gonna stick with spikes - nearly as fast but a little more forgiving. End of the day, the hall is very similar to Batley, only with more carpet