PDA

View Full Version : B4 Short Wheelbase Mod

Urzrkymn
15-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Heard this mod talked about but cant find anywhere that explains it. All I can gather is that involves the rear wishbones. Can anyone help please?

Cheers, Josh.

gazhillAE
15-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Im going to have a guess that it involves using a dremel or file to remove some of the material from the front of the wishbone (Inside)

Then possibly using a 3rd spacer to equal 3 and placing them all behind the hub to move the hub further forward????

Never done it never wanted to

I might be wrong!

PaulUpton
15-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I think on the plastic toe in block there is a little lip, this is filled off to more wishbone forward, then a washer at rear of wishbone

gazhillAE
20-08-2009, 09:25 AM
People running brass rear bulkheads wont be able to do this :thumbdown:

MiCk B.
20-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Here's the details from another site:

"The front part where the hing pin goes through. You want to machine the depth of 3 #4 associated washers(the ones that have the ID of the hing pins) and then space the rear arms forward and put the washers in the rear to take up the slop. This gives the car more overall traction side bite and forward traction. NO machining of the chasssis should be neccessary. I don't have pics yet but I'm working on it. IF you're looking for more traction accross the board this will do it."

MiCk B. :-)