PDA

View Full Version : JORCR Summer Series Rnd 3 - Tues 18th Aug

Dalla
15-08-2009, 11:29 AM
OK, it looks like we are getting sufficient numbers so there is no danger of cancellation, however if you can confirm your attendance on this thread then I will try and get the meeting setup in advance. :thumbsup:

chris68nufc
15-08-2009, 07:53 PM
No need to setup the meeting. Just turn up in time or if you are running late then i can pick the computer up from your place?

Saying that, im not coming if i dont get my new bits ny Tuesday.:cry:

jc79
15-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Think ill make a turn out this week just so i can see how its done proppa as havent raced for a while:D

chris68nufc
15-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Where have you been?

What car have you using now? Ive heard Bmax??

Shifta
16-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I'll be there.. :thumbsup:

dayxwalker
16-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I will be there and my dad also should be !

turbo_brick
16-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Just to let you know, you'll need to put the track out again on thurs, as nercr have been in today and took it all down.

Peter

jc79
16-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Where have you been?

What car have you using now? Ive heard Bmax??

Still the pred ill have a chat 2 u on tuesday its good to be back again.

chris68nufc
16-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Surely they should put the track back again? I'm not happy with that.

mr emily
16-08-2009, 09:57 PM
I will be there!!

Keith

stewcc
16-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I'll be there

peter craig

pugs
16-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I'll be there...

baD
17-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Surely they should put the track back again? I'm not happy with that.

We took the b*****d down as it shouldn't have been there, wasting our race time in the process and I wasn't happy that :thumbdown:

Our Race dates have been known to Dalla & Alfie & published for weeks.

At least I made an effort to give you fair warning rather than let you turn up late expecting to race straight away.
Peter - Thanks for putting the post up on here.

cmgreen
17-08-2009, 07:20 AM
I'll be there :thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing
17-08-2009, 08:09 AM
if I go and solder some battery packs up I could make it

N7ELA
17-08-2009, 12:41 PM
We took the b*****d down as it shouldn't have been there, wasting our race time in the process and I wasn't happy that :thumbdown:

Our Race dates have been known to Dalla & Alfie & published for weeks.

At least I made an effort to give you fair warning rather than let you turn up late expecting to race straight away.
Peter - Thanks for putting the post up on here.

As I recall Jarrow is our club and we allowed NERCR to race there as a favour. A little less attitude please bill...

racdeaf
17-08-2009, 01:35 PM
i i'll be there :thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing
17-08-2009, 02:06 PM
if I go and solder some battery packs up I could make it

batteries sorted :)

now it I don't do a Tantrums & Tiara's I should be there :lol:

baD
17-08-2009, 04:44 PM
As I recall Jarrow is our club and we allowed NERCR to race there as a favour. A little less attitude please bill...

As I recall both clubs benefitted from the arrangement and favours have gone both ways many times. I have always given consideration to others and the same in return would be appreciated.
As you will see I posted no complaint until some asinine comment appeared suggesting NERCR members should have rebuilt the track, and to that person I replied appropriately.

Whats done is done, let's move on. :)

chris68nufc
17-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Hold on Bill. I think you need to chill a bit. Anybody that knows me, you included would have known my comment was meant tounge in cheek! I couldnt find a smilie for tounge in cheek so didnt put one. This is a JORCR section so thought i wouldnt offend anybody from another club posting light hearted banter. Too much animosity amongst racers these days me thinks.

baD
17-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Hold on Bill. I think you need to chill a bit. Anybody that knows me, you included would have known my comment was meant tounge in cheek! I couldnt find a smilie for tounge in cheek so didnt put one. This is a JORCR section so thought i wouldnt offend anybody from another club posting light hearted banter. Too much animosity amongst racers these days me thinks.

I'm chill - no prob Chris - look & see the smiley on my last post. Without any smiley whatsoever there is no way to tell how it's meant, so I took your post as it was written. Use this one :) if you want to show you aint angry.
There are racers from all over the country read all these sections, and I only came in to pass on some helpful information.

I accept your apology :lol: (now THAT was tounge in cheek !)

chrispattinson
18-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Hello, I am looking to start racing model cars in the North East soon, is this club any good, and is it good for touring cars?

This is my car, it is the fastest:

http://sizzlinwheels.com/library/rc39558k.jpg

Dalla
18-08-2009, 03:36 PM
God Chris,

I think you need to get back in the saddle, and soon... I think your cracking up

N7ELA
18-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Hello, I am looking to start racing model cars in the North East soon, is this club any good, and is it good for touring cars?

This is my car, it is the fastest:

http://sizzlinwheels.com/library/rc39558k.jpg

Nice girls transmitter there chris... You should race it on a sunday and improve their numbers. They might squeeze 2 heats then...

N7ELA
18-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Really enjoyed tonights racing. Was a class final, one of the closest we've had for a while. And so nearly a BJ 1-2-3. Well done to Jeff for dominating the final.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

dayxwalker
19-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Well after a good start to the night (fastest round 1) I somehow ended up in the B final ! It was a VERY fustrating night as again I failed to beat my round one time. The jump kept catching me out ! My fault not the jump but it was a little ruff on the cars as to ensure you made it over without clipping the downramp you had to land on the upramp which hurt the cars. I REALLY loved the wall feature ! I did not see it until my first lap practice and was flying at it and crapped ! We should include this more often

We should have a 2wd night after the championship has finished ! It was fun when I got mine out in practice !

Shifta
19-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah I'm up for a 2wd night... :thumbsup:

Maybe we should do what York do and have a club championship where one or two nights throughout the month are "championship night's"
Could do 1 week 4wd then next week just a normal club night then 2wd etc?

Just think It'll make it more interesting!

What does everyone else think?

dayxwalker
19-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Yea I would like that ! I think that maybe its to much to have the championship week after week. A 2wd drive night would be a nice break

pugs
19-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah I'm up for a 2wd night... :thumbsup:

Maybe we should do what York do and have a club championship where one or two nights throughout the month are "championship night's"
Could do 1 week 4wd then next week just a normal club night then 2wd etc?

Just think It'll make it more interesting!

What does everyone else think?

sounds like a good plan, it works for york....

N7ELA
19-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Then we could have a touring car night one week. Then maybe a classics night where we can race old bosscats and manta rays. And even a motor bikes night, cos they're mint...

pugs
20-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Then we could have a touring car night one week. Then maybe a classics night where we can race old bosscats and manta rays. And even a motor bikes night, cos they're mint...

you always get one don't ya.......:lol:

Dalla
20-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi,

Now getting a bit slicker with this, latest results are up.....

http://www.jarrowrc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

There is a two way fight for the lead in 4wd between Stephen and Jeff and a 3 way fight between Neil, Peter and Tim for 3rd Place.

In 2wd there is just a question of whether Natalie and out do Scott for the lead, there are only 2 points in it...

N7ELA
20-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi,

Now getting a bit slicker with this, latest results are up.....

http://www.jarrowrc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

There is a two way fight for the lead in 4wd between Stephen and Jeff and a 3 way fight between Neil, Peter and Tim for 3rd Place.

In 2wd there is just a question of whether Natalie and out do Scott for the lead, there are only 2 points in it...

Not really Ian as the first round results are STILL wrong. I think Jeff will be on 1 point less and i will be on 4 points more making it a 3 way race for the lead...

:mad:

pugs
20-08-2009, 04:29 PM
yeah they could be, I've took tq twice so should have 2 extra points and Jeff should also have an extra point, I think.....

chris68nufc
20-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Give him the bullet for gods sake!

Bring back Peter, all is forgotten:p

stewcc
21-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I wonder why youve decided to give the B final winner 95 rather than the 93 that would normally be given.

The table using the "normal" method can be seen @here. (http://www.teesloc.org.uk/jarrow_round_3.pdf)

If I can and you would like, I will come and help you do the 4 rounds. It should be possible as long as there are no hold-ups for charging cells etc.

Stewart

N7ELA
21-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I wonder why youve decided to give the B final winner 95 rather than the 93 that would normally be given.

The table using the "normal" method can be seen @here. (http://www.teesloc.org.uk/jarrow_round_3.pdf)

If I can and you would like, I will come and help you do the 4 rounds. It should be possible as long as there are no hold-ups for charging cells etc.

Stewart

Because nobody but peter and marsha can work the computer properly and they're on holiday... :mad:

All help gladly accepted...

N7ELA
21-08-2009, 06:43 PM

Stewart

Those scores are nearly right. Now all you need to do is minus 1 point off jeff, chris stewart, tim and phillip showler for round 1 and add 4 points onto neil adamson for round 1 and the scores will be cock on...

Dalla
21-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Stewart,

As Neil said, all help gratefully received.

I would like someone to show me where I went wrong, I must have missed some simple setting in the meeting initialisation or the series setup. Perhaps I could PM you the settings or perhaps the whole database and you could have a look if you don't mind.

Ta

stewcc
21-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Dalla

The best way is to see it in situ and show you. I will come on Tuesday.

Stewart

baD
22-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Hi Stewart,

As Neil said, all help gratefully received.

I would like someone to show me where I went wrong, I must have missed some simple setting in the meeting initialisation or the series setup. Perhaps I could PM you the settings or perhaps the whole database and you could have a look if you don't mind.

Ta

Looks like you must have done a manual points to get 2 drivers with 95 & 2 with 94 in the 3rd round. Send me the database (the data folder) if SC can't make it and, with a phone call to confirm the settings you want, I'll fix it if you wish.

stewcc
22-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Those scores are nearly right. Now all you need to do is minus 1 point off jeff, chris stewart, tim and phillip showler for round 1 and add 4 points onto neil adamson for round 1 and the scores will be cock on...

Done, but not!!

Worked :-)

Dalla
22-08-2009, 09:48 PM
At the risk of being flamed again, God this Race Director lark is a thankless task.

I have being trying a few things and have modified the series setup, the updated results now include bonus point for FTQ and Ties removed.

http://www.jarrowrc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm

Please have a look and if I can have constructive criticism only please.

@ Neil, no good mentioning your missing laps again....one step at a time and give a bloke a chance.

N7ELA
23-08-2009, 12:58 AM
At the risk of being flamed again, God this Race Director lark is a thankless task.

I have being trying a few things and have modified the series setup, the updated results now include bonus point for FTQ and Ties removed.

http://www.jarrowrc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm

Please have a look and if I can have constructive criticism only please.

@ Neil, no good mentioning your missing laps again....one step at a time and give a bloke a chance.

Missing laps aside there's 2 drivers on the same points but on different overall positions. Nobody is knocking your effort or commitment Ian but I think some one on one pointers from someone more experienced will be just what the doctor ordered...

Dalla
23-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Missing laps aside there's 2 drivers on the same points but on different overall positions. Nobody is knocking your effort or commitment Ian but I think some one on one pointers from someone more experienced will be just what the doctor ordered...

Neil,

thanks for the words of encouragement :thumbsup:

The two drivers on the same points wouldn't be you and Peter C, you'e not worried he's going to beat you to third place :p

Seriously though the above behaviour is entirely expected, as I said I set it to "Count back scoring rounds" i.e. NO TIES". This is exactly the same setting as the NE outdoor regional and therefore is an official setting, not a made up club setting ;).

N7ELA
23-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Neil,

thanks for the words of encouragement :thumbsup:

The two drivers on the same points wouldn't be you and Peter C, you'e not worried he's going to beat you to third place :p

Seriously though the above behaviour is entirely expected, as I said I set it to "Count back scoring rounds" i.e. NO TIES". This is exactly the same setting as the NE outdoor regional and therefore is an official setting, not a made up club setting ;).

Well look at david pack and phil showler. They have had 3 identical results so must be tied. Your not telling me we're looking at qualifying positions and lap times are we...

baD
24-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Well look at david pack and phil showler. They have had 3 identical results so must be tied. Your not telling me we're looking at qualifying positions and lap times are we...

1) Phil is ahead of David overall as he beat David in 2 out of the three rounds so far.
2) Ian is right - results are clearly shown on the print out that ties are sorted by Count back scoring rounds. Ties after this are sorted by other simple bbk criteria.
3)The NE BRCA series is set us as -->
http://www.pureinsite.co.uk/bbkseries.jpg

4) and here's the qual set up for bbkRC
http://www.pureinsite.co.uk/qual-rules-brcane.jpg

5) What I could not understand was how 2 people were given the same points in the same round, unless they were given manually, but that seems to be fixed now. If manual, why? bbkRC does a really good job of allocating points automatically with one click - except for the FTQ bonus point which has to be manual.
5) if anyone wants a tutorial, phone me.