http://www.robinhoodraceway.com/

York Off-Road Car Club
BRCA 1/10 Off-Road National
at
Robin Hood Raceway (Blyth)
2wd on Saturday 29th August
and
4wd on Sunday 30th August 2009

Post Code S81 8EU – Sat Nav:- N53.36861 W1.03162 – 1 mile from Blyth on A634, just off A1. If arriving via the A1 turn off at junction 34 towards Blyth – in Blyth at first junction turn left - go under A1 and bear right at next junction (follow road) about half a mile on turn left into Robin Hood Raceway (look for the YORCC banner). When leaving the site take great care when turning onto highway.

THE VENUE:-
A 4 acre site just off the public road (B634). The site is flat , level, free draining and regularly mown. Gents and Ladies toilets are available as is a chemical toilet disposal point. Portaloo's also on site.

CATERING:-
Will be available on site from Sandy’s Griddle from early Saturday onwards.

CAMPING/CARAVANNING (Friday/Saturday/Sunday night):-
Is available - Ralph will confirm if there is a charge.

PARKING:- Please park where directed. No caravans, motorhomes or large vans to be parked in the area facing the rostrum. Parking arrangements will be more defined on the weekend.

LOCAL ACCOMMODATION:-
2 miles from track . . . . . . . . BLYTH TRAVELODGE: 08719 846123 and services, fuel and Burger King available
7.5 miles from track . . . . . . WORKSOP TRAVELODGE: 08719 846184
7 miles from track . . . . . . . . RETFORD TRAVELODGE: 08719 846098
1 mile from track . . . . . . . . . ANGEL INN, High Street, Blyth S81 8EN: 01909 591213
FOURWAYS INN, High Street, Blyth S81 8EW: 01909 591235
2 miles from track . . . . . . . . CHARNWOOD HOTEL: Sheffield Rd, Worksop S81 8HF 0109 591610
1.5 miles from track . . . . . . GEORGE & DRAGON (B & B), 01302 711840

LOCAL INFORMATION
When staying in the area of
ROBIN HOOD RACEWAY
www.robinhoodraceway.com / www.helliwells.com

Local Amenities
The nearest small grocery shop is the Co-op in Blyth, turn right (A634) out of the site entrance, follow the main road under the A1 for approx. 1 mile into the village of Blyth to the T-junction, turn left and the shop is 400yds on your right. This also accommodates the Post Office and has a Post Box outside.

There are several pubs and eating places in Blyth, the White Swan across the village green diagonally opposite the shop is popular. Right turn from the T-junction are the Fourways Inn (which also has accommodation - 01909591213), the Red Hart and the Angel Inns (has accommodation - 01909591235). Further up this road is the A1 junction 34 (Blyth) roundabout, with Moto services, petrol, Travelodge, café etc.

Torworth (directions in emergency section) is so small, if you blink, you’ll have missed it, there is a good pub in the village though – The Huntsman. One mile north along the A638 mentioned above is Ranskill - there is an excellent fish and chip shop here, right at the traffic lights and village shop with Post Office and cash point machine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do have a skip booked for rubbish, but please take home what you can.

Please be careful with bbq's, the site is surrounded by Ralph's fields, he'd rather you didn't set fire to them :D

Dogs (and their milk) are welcome as long as they are kept under control and are cleaned up after - no defecating on the spuds! :D

Any other questions - just ask.

G

wacattack
19-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Excellent post northy, I wish all national threads would start this way, track address, amenities etc rather than having to trawl through 20 pages of waffle before you can find the info you are after

James
20-08-2009, 07:35 AM
I've seen similar threads started by the other natonal hosts actually that have been good, but yeah top job northster :D

Lee
20-08-2009, 10:35 AM
So far everything i have seen that has something to do with RHR has exceeded expectations, from the track and the graft that went into it to the post above and even onto the Marquee. Good job guys, it's a shame i can't be there but i am sure you will raise the bar for the national series. :thumbsup:

Richard Lowe
25-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Less than a week away and this thread is surprisingly quiet :confused:

Any predictions? Mine is Jellywell's first 2wd A ;)

GRIFF55
25-08-2009, 08:29 PM
agreed, i go for james to make the a in either 2 or 4 also. Can't wait for this one, loving the looks of the track!!!

Jonesy
25-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Come on Ralph you can do it!! Also looking for you to make back to back A Finals Griff??

I really enjoyed the regional I attended there and the car (4wd of course) seemed to go fairly well so I'm hopeful of dropping a C6 and trying to stay in Top 25 of the series

GRIFF55
25-08-2009, 08:40 PM
how close is the nearest pub to the track please guys?:thumbsup:

Jonesy
25-08-2009, 08:46 PM
When I was there the other month Griff we had a pint in Blyth village, probably about a 15 minute walk.

I'm thinking a couple of Saturday night won't go a miss if you fancy?? I'm not there until Saturday morning

Belsten
25-08-2009, 08:54 PM
oh dear, nearby pub

bigred5765
25-08-2009, 09:04 PM
really looking forward to this one, weathers looking great all weekend,and if the tracks half as good as the regional we attended, it will be the best national this year cant wait,

Jonesy
25-08-2009, 09:15 PM
oh dear, nearby pub

You know it make sense Bavid, just save some for me, the missus won't be there to 'look' after me!

As long as the weather holds as suggested it's going to be awesome!

James
25-08-2009, 09:19 PM
There are 4 pubs in blyth, they are about a mile from the track .. :)

Chrislong
25-08-2009, 09:23 PM
There are 4 pubs in blyth, they are about a mile from the track .. :)

AND they have several pictures of James in atleast one of them!! ;)

"Don't let this man in" :lol: (I could be wrong)

bondy
25-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Less than a week away and this thread is surprisingly quiet :confused:

Any predictions? Mine is Jellywell's first 2wd A ;)

Cos all the proper racers are doing the Hong Nor Cup :woot::p:p:p:p;)

David Church
25-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I am looking forward to coming to this new track!!! I have heard alot of good things.

And Big Air Belston, I am sure we could also have a drink trackside, even though you have hollow legs!!! I seen you drink 3 galons of beer at the Euros!!!:thumbsup:

GRIFF55
25-08-2009, 10:02 PM
never happen, he was ratted after a couple of stella's on the way to stotfold:lol::p. Pub sounds good, or maybe a beer or six in the field:D

David Church
25-08-2009, 10:05 PM
never happen, he was ratted after a couple of stella's on the way to stotfold:lol::p. Pub sounds good, or maybe a beer or six in the field:D

Yes but he tuned his skills in Spain!!!! hahahaha

bigred5765
25-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Who lost the euros bet??

David Church
25-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Nobody, it was nil nil :woot: :thumbsup:

bigred5765
25-08-2009, 11:04 PM
does it roll over like the lotto,? lol if so ill go belsten again;)

Belsten
26-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Im surprised no one did, wasnt for lack of trying ;) Especially the shots in the hotel bar

Im only having half a bitter shandy Saturday night, I need a good 4wd result

Jonesy
26-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Im surprised no one did, wasnt for lack of trying ;) Especially the shots in the hotel bar

Im only having half a bitter shandy Saturday night, I need a good 4wd result

This sounds like serious racing?? Bring back the real Belsten!

ex-sco77morgan
26-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Anyone know if there are any spaces/cancellations for the Sunday? I'm all carbo'd up and ready to go haha :thumbsup:

If there is can someone please let me know

Cheers SM

David Church
26-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Now Dave, don't start this half a shandy crap again!!!! You don't have to get pissed but you can have a few beers eh??? Hahaha:woot::lol::thumbsup:

And those shots at the bar at the hotel were nasty!!!! The first one i tried to drink come straight out my nose, hahahaha:cry::thumbsup:

Belsten
26-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Anyone know if there are any spaces/cancellations for the Sunday? I'm all carbo'd up and ready to go haha :thumbsup:

If there is can someone please let me know

Cheers SM

your best bet is to email Paul Worsley mate

Now Dave, don't start this half a shandy crap again!!!! You don't have to get pissed but you can have a few beers eh??? Hahaha:woot::lol::thumbsup:

And those shots at the bar at the hotel were nasty!!!! The first one i tried to drink come straight out my nose, hahahaha:cry::thumbsup:

Drink and not get drunk ? I dont understand

Thats because youre a light weight :woot:

David Church
26-08-2009, 09:14 AM
your best bet is to email Paul Worsley mate

Drink and not get drunk ? I dont understand

Thats because youre a light weight :woot:

haha, thats funny!!!! Ok some people actually drink because they like it, and don't get drunk, now I don't know of these people and I have heard they exist, and I thought you may have been 1 of them!!!:woot::thumbsup:

And I am a lightweight compared to your wed night at the Euro's performance, but I am old, after a few dozen triples I need to sleep/pass out!!!;):D

ex-sco77morgan
26-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Ok cheers

Danny McGee
26-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Ok cheers

Anyway, back on topic.

Whats the weather doing this weekend? Am i right in thinking its going to be dry both days?

bigred5765
26-08-2009, 11:14 AM
looking good upto 4pm on sunday clicky (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=S81)

ashleyb4
27-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Right cant wait for this now :) Got all my tyres and bits and bobs cheers darren great service as usual.

Weather looks good. Im sort of ready 2wd is ready but 4wd needs cleaning.

A

Jamie B4
27-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Any shops present at RHR this weekend please

Danny McGee
27-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Right cant wait for this now :) Got all my tyres and bits and bobs cheers darren great service as usual.

Weather looks good. Im sort of ready 2wd is ready but 4wd needs cleaning.

A

Ditto. 2wd's clean with but the 4wd will be needing some TLC before the weekend. May just spend sat doing the 4wd as well as the 2wd. Should keep me busy :)

timmy121
27-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Any shops present at RHR this weekend please

Pete of castle models will be there i think

ashleyb4
27-08-2009, 09:23 PM
As im hoping to be there nice and early as im leaving at 9 in the morning i hope to clewan the car in the afternoon unless there is anythign that the club needs help with.

A

matdodd
29-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Any results yet lads?

ben
29-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Tom Cockerill is current tq with two 1's. Someone restrain chazz :woot:

matdodd
29-08-2009, 02:01 PM
top 10?

ben
29-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Don't ask complicated questions like that man! Tom Cockerill is confirmed tq man.

matdodd
29-08-2009, 02:27 PM
its not that hard Ben just go an look! ;)

YoungChazz
29-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Just got off the phone with Darren. After three rounds, Tom has TQed all three, so he's on top. Neil second, Ellis third.

All four X Team drivers are in the A after three, + two others, so 6 X-Cars in the A after three rounds. We'll see the final order in a few minutes.

Somebody restrain me!!!

jimmy
29-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Tom TQ'd all four rounds and simply walked away in the first final leg to win by miles!

MikePimlott
29-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Any news ????

Lee
29-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Just text Tom and he won his first national.

I'll let Darren or Chazz let you all know which Xfactory driver is National champion Officially :thumbsup:

Well done Tom :thumbsup:

MikePimlott
29-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Excellent Well done Tom :thumbsup:

ben
30-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Top 10 after round one:
1.Neil cragg
2. Richard lowe
3.Paul bradby
4.James helliwell
5.Ben jemison
6.grant williams
7.Matt benfield
8.Tom Cockerill
9.Tom yardy
10.Lloyd storey

Rich D
30-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Well done pal - 5th is impressive :woot:

footey
30-08-2009, 04:46 PM
any more updates who made the A final

NeilD
30-08-2009, 04:52 PM
any more updates who made the A final

I've text Rich Lowe, Shane, but no reply as yet.

footey
30-08-2009, 04:59 PM
ok m8 just hope lil ben kept it up

NeilD
30-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Me too mate, 5th in round was awesome.

MikePimlott
30-08-2009, 05:17 PM
His round 1 and 2 times where both top ten. Round three he made a few mistakes and i didnt see his round 4. go Ben :thumbsup:

footey
30-08-2009, 05:18 PM
so he made the A :thumbsup:

NeilD
30-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Good lad.:)

NeilD
30-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Just got a text off Ben, he finished a brilliant 10th in his first ever National A final, really well done mate. Neil won the event and the Championship so congratulations to him.

dbizzle5
30-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Top ten yet anyone?

Jonesy
30-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Congrats to Ben for making his First National A today, great work my son!!

Disappointing weekend for me to be fair but got the F1 license in BOTH classes and finished 21st in 4wd, my best National finish by far :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cockerill
30-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Top 10:

Neil
Bradders
Grant
Me
Rich Lowe
Lee
Yardy
Danny
Ralph
Ben

andy reeves
30-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped run the meeting today and also those from the club that helped out. I didn't know what to expect as i had never been there before, but think you guys have set a new standard for nationals now:thumbsup:

GRIFF55
30-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Superb meeting guys and i don't think there's any way you could have a better venue than that!! (unless it was a bit closer to home:lol:)
Well done Ben, James and Dan on their first national a finals, oh what a feeling!!!
Thanks again all, a bit pooped now so off to bed happy to have got 20th overall in 2wd but not sure in 4:blush:

Big thanks to JC at Atomic Carbon, M-k-racing and Trakpower for all their support during the 2009 Nationals:thumbsup:

ashleyb4
30-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Well done to all the guys at robin hood raceway (or if your welsh rubing head raceway) Awsome track awsome location. The 2wd was the best track ive ever raced on and loved every minute of it except for when i broke the car twice.

The rain at the end of today didnt really ruin it for me i loved it in the rain the car was good fun to drive. Broke it in my 2wd J finals and won my 4wd L final wwwwooo lol.

Only just got back now at 12:15 after some police camera action style police chance by ellesmere port.

Only thing that ruined it for me was when i was marshalling the C final for Craig Harris so he could get an early dart a driver crashed on the last lap just before the loop and in his impatians just as i grabbed the car by its front wishbones and turned it over the hit the throttle ripping a huge chunk out my nail. The end of my finger is still num.

A

Jonesy
31-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Police chase in Ellesmere Port, that never happens Ash so stop lying!!! :woot:

Cockerill
31-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Cheers for your help packing everything away Ash, really appreciated :thumbsup:

bigred5765
31-08-2009, 07:57 AM
RHR, well what can i say,has to be the best national may be even the best meeting that we have ever been to,track was fantastic,the work that everyone has put in is a real credit to you all,i have spent all last night and this morning trying to find some constructive criticism for you, but I'm having a real problem with that, well i was till i went to the toilet this morning then i remembered, i had to stand on my tip toes to pee, the urinals are to high:) sorry guys that all i could come up with,rhr have raised the bar so high lets see if it can be topped, again big thanks to the BRCA people for doing the job so well, as ever, and the York and rhr crew BIG UP you guys whoop whoop,

PS a huge well done to,ickle BEN,super Dan, and farmer Ralf, good job guys,

Kopite
31-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I think that was probably my favourite meeting of the year. The marquee was such a good idea (and saved us from putting a tent up), i really appreciated that!

Great work guys!!

ps - gotta say two things.....

"Chicken and chips here"

"Do you like chicken?"

...cue Jonesy

Mossy
31-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Quality night in the curry house lol

Jonesy
31-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I think that was probably my favourite meeting of the year. The marquee was such a good idea (and saved us from putting a tent up), i really appreciated that!

Great work guys!!

ps - gotta say two things.....

"Chicken and chips here"

"Do you like chicken?"

...cue Jonesy

Chicken and Chips in a curry house, what a LOSER!!

Quote:
Big Robbo "Do you like Chicken"
Boggy "Yes, Why?"
Big Robbo "Suck this, it's Foul"

That has got to be the comedy moment of the year for me, I'm still chuckling to myself 36 hours later!! Pure class!

blitzboy
31-08-2009, 12:10 PM
well what to say ,,,, top meeting for the finish of the year well done robin hood guys the tracks were awesome and the facilities well great the big tent even though i did nt pit in it was such a good idea , well done tom, phil, kev lee, dan and the man himself Mr ellis (captain)stafford for the 2 wd wins guys Xfactory all the way wow tom was on fire

got to say a big thanks to niggs for a fun packed weekend and also to the team extreme bunch for a fun weekend roll on next year ,, can t wait hope rhr get a national again it was awesome :thumbsup: dispite the rain for the finals yesterday weather was good ,,thanks g

chris68nufc
31-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Quality track. Great meeting. Loved the Bombhole for 4WD but had to laugh when the Ref warned us that there was a marshall with a car in the Bombhole. His accent made it sound slightly different! That must have hurt!

Belsten
31-08-2009, 05:15 PM
agree with all the comments. Awesome venue and tracks, possibly the best ive been to. Thanks to all that have contributed to the national series, thoroughly enjoyed all of them on my return to racing although a bit frustrating to have narrowly missed out getting F1 roll on next year

matdodd
31-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Just want to say good job;) to all involved with the club the track was awesome & the marquee was a great idea :thumbsup:

Well done to Tom & E on there wins in 2wd & Neil in 4wd
Roll on next season

David Church
31-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Again to say what has been said, Great Job!!!! You guys "GOT IT DONE!!!!
A huge effort and it showed, top venue and top event!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh and get a box for Carl to stand on:p:thumbsup:

I am 100% sure you guys will get a National next year!!!!

Congrats to all the big guns,Tom C, you were top class!!!!!!!!! Young Ben, dude nice one!!! ooh argh, good job!!!! Big E, you the man!!!!!! Neil, quality!!!!
And a special mention for Grant, dude, innit bruv, you are a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great driving!!!!

And a huge thanks to the BRCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without you we would just be a bunch of nutters in a field!!!!!

And thanks to all the people at the Nationals this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best year yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. Kev, it wasnt me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niggs98
01-09-2009, 08:27 AM
probably the worst weekends racing i have ever done. having said that the venue and track were top notch. awsome weekend dispite my troubles, am looking forward to next year there

Northy
01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks to all for the nice comments, it is much appreciated guys.

RHR has literally taken over my life for nearly the last 10 months (at the expense of the family at times :cry:), but just to see it being used and enjoyed has made it all worthwhile :thumbsup:

I must thank once again everyone who has been down to help (i'm not gonna name names, i'll only miss someone), without you guys it would not be finished - i'm actually quite crap at grafting, I'm the ideas man :lol::lol: You guys know who you are ans are all heros.

Also big thanks to James (Ralph :wub) for letting us do it, oh and eventually trusting my judgement and ideas on stuff.

A lot of work has gone into the track - Jimmy has pictures of what we started with. It's mad to look back now on what it was.

If anyone has any more comments, we (the RHR team) would like to hear them - good or bad. If you don't want to post them on here, talk to us when you see us or pm any one of us. We want to develop and improve the entire site to make it even better, and your feedback will help us.

And finally thanks to everyone who has come to the few meetings we've managed to get in this year, we'll try and get it in use a bit more often from now on for those that would like to use it. Without you guys we'd have just spent a lot of time astroturfing one of Ralph's fields! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks again.

G

CharlieF
01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Nice words on behalf of RHR G.

For my part you and the team have constructed a venue far superior to the previous "Worksop" track.

An all weather venue that could perhaps host an International event in future?

Stu
01-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I said a few times at the weekend that I beleive it's as good as any, if not the best, venue in the UK.

It's got it all, from being close to the A1 to having urinals too high for Lion-O to piss in - and all the other stuff in between.

Belsten
01-09-2009, 07:41 PM
It even has the ability to make you go blind, in one eye at least :lol:

David Church
02-09-2009, 05:36 AM
So are you guys saying it has magical powers???? Kinda like the old days, you know stories like robin fron the rich and stuff???? I wanted to see friar tuck and his merry men!!!!

COOL!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

bigred5765
02-09-2009, 10:07 AM
i could here one or two merry men at 2am or so lol

jimmy
03-09-2009, 09:15 AM
lil race report here: http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2009national-robinhood/index.html (http://www.oople.com/forums/../rc/photos/2009national-robinhood/index.html)

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2009national-robinhood/2wdphotos/bigimages/OOP_6586-Edit.jpg

Fabs
03-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Report is ACE and thanks for the kind comment on the car pal ! :thumbsup:

bigred5765
05-09-2009, 02:59 PM
my name is michael cain CLICKY (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2009national-robinhood/2wdphotos/OOP_7570.html) LMAO