PDA

View Full Version : ZX5 Battery strap part code

OldTimer
26-12-2005, 10:08 AM
I am after the battery strap of the ZX5, anybody know the part code and were i can get one ?

JCJC
26-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Looking in the back of our manual it looks to be a LA212, as to where to get one?

OldTimer
26-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Microtech show KLA212 as a Center mount / stiffener and have them in stock. I wonder if you get them bits as well as the strap?.

jimmy
26-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Do you need to borrow it mate or for keepers ? let me know if you need to borrow and ill get mine in the post

JCJC
26-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Looking again (we are just starting to assemble the bugger, oops buggy now) there are a number of parts as LA212, these are all on the same spur, if you can see on page 6 of the manual "arrangement of plastic parts" this spur is used as an example, contains 12 parts inc brace. Some could be described as centre mounts ( shaft supports) and steering brace parts.

The main centre brace (top deck) is/on LA215

OldTimer
27-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the offer Jimmy :wink: i maybe ok, but if you could place the kit battery strap on top of a pack of cells, are the mounting holes on the strap a equal distance from the last cell at each end.

Looking at making a carbon fibre chassis with cutouts rather than milled areas also 2mm or 2.4mm thick, and using the kit battery strap, so hopefully it should bring the price down a reasonable amount.

PS My ZX5 kit should be here in a day or so.

JCJC
27-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Looks like a 4.5mm offset - distance from mounting hole centre to center of first battery is 4.5mm greater (or lesser depending :shock: ) .......so turning the strap around would move the cells 9mm. (tho it seems to be slightly on the diagonal) One end is a 15mm hole centre to batt centre, other looks like 19.5mm. with my eyesight, just assembled the front steering with the blocks facing the wrong way - seriously reduces the steering! eyesight again.

JCJC
27-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Nope, just had the cells in the slots with the strap fitted, maximum movement is approx 4.5mm.........double thinking my self again. :wink: