PDA

View Full Version : bought a new b44 buggy

chris_trcc
23-08-2009, 04:45 PM
just bought a b44 buggy after selling my b4. as im going to be doing the north east regionals. just wondering if anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction on setting the buggy up. which is the better speed control novak gtb /4.5 motor, which was used in the b4. or i got a nosram matrix evolution which never been used. and dunno how reliable they are. also been told the b44 got a weak spot which you can modify from fibrelite but dunno what it is,

cheers

paulc
23-08-2009, 06:17 PM
hi first off you will not need a 4.5 waaaay to quick especially if your running the indoor meetings 6.5 is fast enough i think both speedo's are good personally i'd go for the nosram

the weak point on the b44 was the top decks but i think this has been sorted out now ?? someone who runs one will be able to help with set ups etc..

paul

Big G
23-08-2009, 08:44 PM
that might explain why I got a spare top deck when I bought mine lol

chris_trcc
23-08-2009, 09:29 PM
whats the problem with the top deck?, what do i need to buy to prevent the weak spot. the novak seams a real handful to handle even with the power turned right down in the b4. which is currently used in my tamiya evo4 ms onroad car. be buying a new motor to go with the nosram cheers for the advice. will i need the cooler on the spedo, does it only stick on with double sided tape? seems a little cheap imo. how much differnt is the b44 from the b4 2wd, do you need to change your driving style or is it very similar as its my 1st time owning a 4wd buggy. is there any other modifications that improve the buggy drivability and handling, cheers

ben
23-08-2009, 09:37 PM
You wont need anything quicker than a 6.5
The things ive broken have been front wishbones and the odd front top deck every now and again. Maybe worth getting a set of gears, just a handy spare to have.

As for setup:

Front shocks~ 35wt, #2 piston, Silver springs, 1 clear droop limiter
Inside on the tower, outside on the wishbone

Rear Shocks~ 30wt, #1 piston, Green springs, 1 clear droop limiter
Inside on the tower, inside on the wishbone

Medium wheelbase

Any more Q's feel free to ask!

BJ

ben
23-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Id also reccomend running a rear anti roll bar. Not necessary but makes the car feel much more stable on the rear end IMO.
The problem with the front top deck is that they crack or sometimes snap off where the balljoint attaches.
Stick all your electrics down with good quality double sided tape :thumbsup:

Ben

chris_trcc
23-08-2009, 11:39 PM
i settle for the nosram 6.5, £75 off ebay is that resonable?, so thats the electronics sorted. i already bought spare wishbones, slipper pads, lipo battery tray, tweek station to set the camber ect off ebay just waiting for the delivery aswell as the buggy.

this front top deck? how come it tends to crack or snap off at the ball joint, is it plastic or carbon fibre? does it take alot of abuse before doing damage like that. now to decide what tyres to run .... with my old b4, i used nothing but mini spikes all round. are mini pins higher recomended for this chassis?

Big G
24-08-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm running my Dad's GTB with 6.5 setup on 17/84 and it's very brutal to drive. I think I spent as much time on my roof as on the track!

our track is a mix of big hidden bumps and somewhat smoother sections all grass. if you go too fast into some parts the car just gets thrown up in the air. The T4's seem to ride them fine, but I was bored of the truck so racing the B44 now until we go back indoors.

I'm running 40wt in the front and 30wt in the back with the shocks lay down as much as possible. no ARB at all at the moment. Will have to get one to try. with silver front green back springs. Seems to go ok, but I've only had 25 mins track time at the moment.

chris_trcc
30-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Buggy finally arrive got charged for importy duty tax damn, means buggy cost total of £220, which isnt to bad i suppose. got 40wt front/ 30wt back, with std. springs on atm. yellow minipins all round with schumacher hard inserts. all my electronics are set up neaty on the chassis with strong double sided tape. just need some lipo batterys and a sensored brushless motor to connect into my nosram matrix evo. spedo. whats the best way setting up the diffs and center slipper or is it try&error whilst on the track?. anti-roll car kit arrives tuesday. with the factory team spring kit if needed. is there anything else i need to take into consideration. whats best starting point on the gearing with the b44 with a 6.5t brushless motor. think i got pinions from b4 starting from 19 - 24 cheers for the help lads

NitroArgi
31-08-2009, 05:25 AM
Hello mate,

The factory settings for the diffs are just fine as a starting point...