PDA

View Full Version : B4 In-line Axles

bretts
27-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I know I should know better but,

B4 In-line Axles....Does anyone still use them?

If not, why not? If so, is it only an indoor thing?

Brett

jimmy
27-03-2007, 07:49 PM
I only really used them once, at Durham outdoor regional last year I think it was. Without them the car simply had no steering at all, with them the car was awesome. I've never used them since though.

Richard Lowe
27-03-2007, 08:39 PM
I still use them 100% of the time, I just can't stand how the car corners with the trailing axles on, it feels really inconsistent to me :o

millzy
28-03-2007, 10:05 AM
ive had inlines on the front of my car since november

ran it at the indoor finals with my font wing and inlines and its was lush on the polish.

mark christopher
28-03-2007, 11:00 AM
what actual differance do they make in handling?

Northy
28-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I know someone else who uses them all the time too ;)

G

bretts
28-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Time to try them again then.

I need to get rid of the understeer on my b4. I've been ignoring this car's setup for a while now.

Grass, mud and rain here we come!!! (and longer straights)

Chequered Flag Racing
28-03-2007, 11:55 AM
what actual differance do they make in handling?

from AE's site

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerhub/techhelp/tech_b4.htm#30

30 The track that I run on is outdoors, hard packed, slick and bumpy. In your opinion would the inline axles have an advantage over the trailing?

The Team especially recommends the trailing blocks on high-grip or “blue-groove” conditions. Optional inline steering blocks will give the car an overall more aggressive steering feeling. Steering entering and exiting the corners is increased, and straight-line stability is slightly reduced.

millzy
28-03-2007, 12:47 PM
on some tracks i find there isnt that much between the inlines and the traling axels

but at the indoors i was on no more than 1/4 lock off the main straight and turning inside a lot of people quite easly.
but I did run a 78 spur to stop the rear end roatation to much on the slipper stuff.

its down to driver preffrence , and what you want from the car

bretts
28-03-2007, 01:14 PM
but I did run a 78 spur to stop the rear end roatation to much on the slipper stuff

interesting millzy, can you explain this a little further

jimmy
28-03-2007, 01:16 PM
brings the motor forward so there is less of a pendulum effect. Vicky runs a 78dp spur but certainly not for that reason, more so she could get a 30t pinion on there! :)

millzy
28-03-2007, 01:19 PM
brings the motor forward so there is less of a pendulum effect. Vicky runs a 78dp spur but certainly not for that reason, more so she could get a 30t pinion on there! :)

hahah love it. maybe thats why i have it on there, to be like vicky and drive super cool :):)

but realy, its what jimmy says, i normal use the same basic set up with the inline axels.

if it spins out on half throttle like spolish floor i like to drop the spur to 78
and then if it understeers like i find my b4 dose at tivy i run 84.

81 is the kit spur

bretts
28-03-2007, 01:32 PM
thanks, 7 years racing and still learning....

Chequered Flag Racing
28-03-2007, 02:56 PM
brings the motor forward so there is less of a pendulum effect.

get an X6 :cool: but thinking about it a spur gears probably cheaper :p

Lowie
13-10-2007, 11:02 AM
what are "inline axles"? I am not english speaking, know what axles are but can not imagin what you guys mean with Inline Axles?
What is the difference with "normal" axles? Any pictures that may clarify?

Richard Lowe
13-10-2007, 11:19 AM
With the standard trailing axles, the axle is behind the kingpin; like a wheel on a shopping trolley. With the inline axles the kingpin goes straight through the axle, like the B3 used to be.