PDA

View Full Version : Is the Bury Metro Indor series definately going ahead?

colreid
26-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm just asking the question from a personal point of view, after reading comments in another thread on here. I've not heard anything or trying to start rumours here.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently racing rallycross, and I'm considering trying out 1/10th offroad during the winter. I think I'm getting soft in my older age and don't fancy the cold or car cleaning;)

It would be good to know before spending the cash on a car, brushless & lipo setup etc etc.

Thanks for any advice,

Rgds,

Colin

woOdy
26-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I was just about to post that YES IT IS going ahead. Had a word with Dad last night and he said ' I have nothing else to do '. Great news as I was really worried as I would of had to quite racing to run the computer and I love it inside. Going to be even better than last year as we dont have to buy anything for the track. Going to keep the GREAT PRIZES up too:thumbsup:

colreid
26-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks for that.:thumbsup:

Now for a bit more information. I've been racing the Kyosho brand of cars in rallycross, currently the MP9; because of that I'm looking at trying out 2wd, in particular the Ultima RB5.

Would this be a good option? will spares be available trackside and will other racers be running the car that could assist on the setup front if I'm all at sea?

Thanks again,

Col

bigred5765
26-08-2009, 12:57 PM
awsome news stu,im sure theres enough of us to help out if needed,

MikePimlott
26-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for that.:thumbsup:

Now for a bit more information. I've been racing the Kyosho brand of cars in rallycross, currently the MP9; because of that I'm looking at trying out 2wd, in particular the Ultima RB5.

Would this be a good option? will spares be available trackside and will other racers be running the car that could assist on the setup front if I'm all at sea?

Thanks again,

Col

Car is a good strong car and would be good for indoors (mine was) And it should be supported for spares as Jez from model torque supports the series with his shop. And Stu Wood is a RB5 expert and always extremely helpful

EXCELLENT NEWS STU.
Cant wait for the series to start.

SuperSparkSteve
26-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Im up for it! Just found out ur club aint too far away. Any dates yet?

Jonesy
26-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I was just about to post that YES IT IS going ahead. Had a word with Dad last night and he said ' I have nothing else to do '. Great news as I was really worried as I would of had to quite racing to run the computer and I love it inside. Going to be even better than last year as we dont have to buy anything for the track. Going to keep the GREAT PRIZES up too:thumbsup:

Good news Woody!! I'm hoping to attend all of the series this year!

Can we do points scoring this year and have a series as such? Not necessarily have prizes but I think it make it moer interesting and could appeal to more people?

I'd be quite happy to take the results hope and do all the points scoring and publish all the tables etc... I can post the results on oOple and e-mail them round to anyone who's interested etc..

MikePimlott
26-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Can we do points scoring this year and have a series as such? Not necessarily have prizes but I think it make it moer interesting and could appeal to more people?

I'd be quite happy to take the results hope and do all the points scoring and publish all the tables etc... I can post the results on oOple and e-mail them round to anyone who's interested etc..

:thumbsup: crackin idea :thumbsup:

col300
26-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Good news Woody!! I'm hoping to attend all of the series this year!

Good call :thumbsup:

Jonesy
26-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Im up for it! Just found out ur club aint too far away. Any dates yet?

There are some dates knocking around one of the other Bury Metro threads on oOple, just not sure how to post the link :blush:

MikePimlott
26-08-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=199312&postcount=1

Not sure these are completely correct someone will verify hopefully

Jonesy
26-08-2009, 04:49 PM
You'll to teach me how to do that Mike!!!

I think they may have changed slightly since then, where's Nick when you need him!

colreid
26-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks Mike.

Time to start hunting down some new goodies then:thumbsup:

Hope to see you all in November.

Col

paulc
26-08-2009, 08:02 PM
looking forward to this was great last time with the added bonus of not having to get up at silly oclock in the morning to go racing:thumbsup:

points series sounds like a good idea too :thumbsup:

roll on winter :lol:

Chrislong
26-08-2009, 10:26 PM
I'll be doing these, and just these this winter for 10th racing. Its the best winter series! Glad to hear its still going :thumbsup:

matdodd
26-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Count me in to Woody :thumbsup:

tony12795
27-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, me too.

woOdy
27-08-2009, 11:45 AM
The points thing is a great idea and I will speak to Dad to see if he wants to do or give the job to Jonesy. Stil going to be prizes though as this is a big thing for me to give back to you that come along and that day.
Thanks guys for all your notes as this does help.

Heard a saying once' If you build it, they will come'.:woot:

Jonesy
27-08-2009, 12:34 PM
The points thing is a great idea and I will speak to Dad to see if he wants to do or give the job to Jonesy. Stil going to be prizes though as this is a big thing for me to give back to you that come along and that day.
Thanks guys for all your notes as this does help.

I'll re-itterate that I'm quite happy to do it all mate, even got a spreadsheet set up the occasion (I know I'm a geek!)

If I'm able to get up there on the Saturdays to help lay the tracks etc mate I'll try my hardest but can't promise.

This is going to be awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

woOdy
30-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I'll re-itterate that I'm quite happy to do it all mate, even got a spreadsheet set up the occasion (I know I'm a geek!)

If I'm able to get up there on the Saturdays to help lay the tracks etc mate I'll try my hardest but can't promise.

This is going to be awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. Well volunteered.

njc11
01-09-2009, 11:28 AM
l'll be there aswell..:thumbsup:

All the dates as below are now confirmed by Paul from Oldham Community Leisure...

Saturdays set up from about 2.30/3pm depending on when the gymnastics lot finish..the more people to help set up the better...

Heres the pdf..

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/Bury%20Booking%20in%20Form%202%202009%202010c.pdf

and the .jpg

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/Bury%20Booking%20in%20Form%202%202009%202010c.jpg

Jamie B4
01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Count me in for all events aswell as long as they don't clash with Kiddy/Coventry

Really enjoyed this last year and hoping to do all this year - points sounds like a brilliant suggestion and any help just call and will see what i can do!!

Kopite
01-09-2009, 11:56 AM
i'm all over this like Robin Van Persie in a brothel, it was awesome last year

WHITTLER555
01-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Heard a saying once' If you build it, they will come'.:woot:[/QUOTE]

I wonder who said that???:thumbsup:

Count me in for the full series, points championship even better, watch out Jonesey the Tamiya is coming for you!!!

MikePimlott
01-09-2009, 05:55 PM
This is gonna be awesome really looking forward to it :thumbsup:

T4miy4 Guy
01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
:confused: So do you have to be a member to race? just been looking at the form :confused:

paulc
01-09-2009, 06:40 PM
you have to be a member of the BRCA but not of the club i think

Cockerill
01-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Is there a way to book in online?

T4miy4 Guy
01-09-2009, 06:54 PM
you have to be a member of the BRCA but not of the club i think

Cheers man

paulc
01-09-2009, 07:19 PM

last time we just had to email roger

woOdy
01-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Yes just send me or my Dad a pm.

Jonesy
01-09-2009, 07:26 PM

I wonder who said that???:thumbsup:

Count me in for the full series, points championship even better, watch out Jonesey the Tamiya is coming for you!!![/quote]

Bring it on this year Damo!!

PS: Remember I'll be doing the points so you WONT beat me!!! :p :p

Chrislong
01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
PS: Remember I'll be doing the points so you WONT beat me!!! :p :p

Will anybody? :lol::lol::cry:

Jonesy
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
You will Chris and probably Woody, I like you two!! :wub :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stu
01-09-2009, 07:43 PM
last time we just had to email roger

I assume if you do that you'll need to pay the £12 on the day - not the £10 pre-payment fee?

Will there be a cap on numbers?

woOdy
01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I assume if you do that you'll need to pay the £12 on the day - not the £10 pre-payment fee?

Will there be a cap on numbers?

Sorry but if you pre book before the day it is £10 but if you just turn up with out pre booking in then its £12. Right this second there are no cap on numbers but if the first meeting is a long day then we might make the start time earlier alittle but I dont want to turn people away.

woOdy
01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
l'll be there aswell..:thumbsup:

All the dates as below are now confirmed by Paul from Oldham Community Leisure...

Saturdays set up from about 2.30/3pm depending on when the gymnastics lot finish..the more people to help set up the better...

Heres the pdf..

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/Bury%20Booking%20in%20Form%202%202009%202010b.pdf

and the .jpg

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/Bury%20Booking%20in%20Form%202%202009%202010b.jpg

Just been talking about these dates and it might change, sorry nick. Might get rid of the April 1 and run the 1st Sunday in November. What do u think?

budfish
01-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Just been talking about these dates and it might change, sorry nick. Might get rid of the April 1 and run the 1st Sunday in November. What do u think?

sounds good to me lets get it on:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

paulc
01-09-2009, 07:58 PM
:thumbsup:

Jonesy
01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
sounds good to me lets get it on:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Woody, I like that idea as well mate. April 25th could be dangerously close to the first national (plus that's around the date our 2nd baby is due!).

If it was a National it could have a negative effect on numbers based on the posts on this thread as most drives compete in all the Nationals.

Your guys call but I would go for it! :thumbsup:

Tyson
01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Defo..earlier the better:thumbsup:

Si Coe
01-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Earlier for sure. Late April is outdoor season, early November is certainly indoors!
Besides, the buzz around the North West's clubs is all about 'when is Bury starting its awesome indoor series again' so its clearly the big ticket. Which means sooner is better.

Put me down for the whole series. I'm there for sure!

budfish
01-09-2009, 10:12 PM
more chance of seeing lord lucan than si coe at indoors meet:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DaveG28
01-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I'll make what I can too, hopefully enough rounds to count!

Not fussed etween Nov and April, but April is risky as its likely the outdoor stuff will be well underway by then!

Jonesy
01-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Hi guys,

Woody and Rog have given me the go ahead to arrange points scoring for the Winter Series. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

This is what I am thinking:

Scores Apply to ALL classes
- Best 4 out of the 6 Rounds to count
- In the event of any ties then the drivers best score is the decider, followed by 2nd best, 3rd then 4th. If scores are still level then it will be decided on the best score from the 6th Round of the series
- You score points for qualifying and final.
- 100 points for being Qual A1, 99 pts for A2, 98 pts for A3 etc... down to 1 pt for Qual J10
- 100 points for finishing A1, 99 pts for A2, 98 pts for A3 etc... down to 1 pt for Qual J10
- Bonus point for TQ and winning the A Final

Therefore if you TQ and win all 6 rounds then you will score 201 for each round and 804 for the series.

Any feedback greatful but bear in mind I have the spreadsheet set-up for the above already!!

Jonesy

col300
02-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi guys,

Woody and Rog have given me the go ahead to arrange points scoring for the Winter Series. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

This is what I am thinking:

Scores Apply to ALL classes
- Best 4 out of the 6 Rounds to count
- In the event of any ties then the drivers best score is the decider, followed by 2nd best, 3rd then 4th. If scores are still level then it will be decided on the best score from the 6th Round of the series
- You score points for qualifying and final.
- 100 points for being Qual A1, 99 pts for A2, 98 pts for A3 etc... down to 1 pt for Qual J10
- 100 points for finishing A1, 99 pts for A2, 98 pts for A3 etc... down to 1 pt for Qual J10
- Bonus point for TQ and winning the A Final

Therefore if you TQ and win all 6 rounds then you will score 201 for each round and 804 for the series.

Any feedback greatful but bear in mind I have the spreadsheet set-up for the above already!!

Jonesy

Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

The race controller
02-09-2009, 09:27 AM
The Series will possibly be sponsored by a certain model/spares retailer. Details to be ironed out.

Dates are in the process of being changed as I type. Add 1st Nov. Delete 25th April.

njc11
02-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Just spoken with Roger and emailed the Athletic Center... the date change shouldnt be a problem..

The new forms etc..

Judging by the interest this should be a good series with plenty of entries :thumbsup:

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/Bury%20Booking%20in%20Form%202%202009%202010c.pdf

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/Bury%20Booking%20in%20Form%202%202009%202010c.jpg

VinceVegaUK
13-09-2009, 02:29 PM
I fancy it too but i'm not BRCA. i'm running yeah racing lipos (ROAR approved) and a 5.5t ezrun in my durga, apart from needing better tyres, am i all legal? oh my car is 1610g so i'm legal on weight i think.

Later

VV

Si Coe
13-09-2009, 06:16 PM
You'll need to join the BRCA. Its £15, but its really important as that your racing insurance should you permanently disable a marshal!
Other than that I know nobody will mind the non-brca approved EZrun (its only not approved because they don't have an official importer) and the same for the Lipos.

Tyre wise anything fairly soft and very worn works great - If you haven't got anything someone else will have something you can borrow but pretty much anything seems to work - the surface is amazing.

MatJohnson
16-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Just looking at the site for the entry form, just a heads up but it looks like its pointing to an old version (no 1st Nov etc).

woOdy
16-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Just looking at the site for the entry form, just a heads up but it looks like its pointing to an old version (no 1st Nov etc).

As far as I can see it DOES say the !st of Nov? Sorry if I am wrong.

MatJohnson
17-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Must be me then, mine defo doesn't mention the 1st of nov as a meeting from the website. http://www.bmrcc.talktalk.net/

The race controller
17-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Must be me then, mine defo doesn't mention the 1st of nov as a meeting from the website. http://www.bmrcc.talktalk.net/

Sorry but you are right my link on the bury website is wrong. I shall now correct it.
I think most people look on the oople pages for the form.