PDA

View Full Version : Tiverton National

Mrs oOple
28-03-2007, 03:29 PM
With the start of the 10th offroad outdoor season just around the corner, and the first National Championship event in little over a fortnight I figured now would be a good time to kick off a Tivvy thread. Is everyone organised? (of course not), sorted out travel plans and accomodation?
Hopefully for the people camping there won't be snow through the night like at the first national last year.

millzy
28-03-2007, 03:32 PM
im sad the national b4 has been ready since feb and ive had my prolines since the f2s last year

4wd need a rebuild after the mid west regional on the 8th and 12vs charged thats it, unless somthing huge pops its ugly head.

just need to see if my dad wants to go on the friday or the saturday moring.

really looking forword to 2 days of racing this year. get to whip southwell 2 days runnig, ahh the good life

Southwell
28-03-2007, 03:48 PM
get to whip southwell 2 days runnig, ahh the good life

O baby, dont get me excited! :D

Im not ready, only just moved my gear to the new house. Got my tyres, wheels and hotel sorted though, just car prep needs doing, although not too much prep, i dont wanna beat Millzy by too much.

Kopite
28-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm going on friday night, and am prepared to drink absolutely everybody under the table

:cool:

jimmy
28-03-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't even know what car I'm running :eh?: Please reserve the bottom final for me.

Wraggy
28-03-2007, 04:02 PM
i will be driving down after working friday night so lack of sleep should make for interesting driving for starters.
hopefully camping but not ever built it yet so more fun :p .(do you have to book camping space) ??
car is ready as not running 2wd until then but if i do manage to get in for 4wd then cars will need preparing as racing it on the 8th at mid west regionals ...
think i just about qualify under the 5 P's rules or is it 6 P's ???
still should be fun though ....:cool:

Bathy
28-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Hopefully for the people camping there won't be snow through the night like at the first national last year.

:rolleyes:

Mrs oOple
28-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I might be mistaken, but as far as I can remember camping at Tivvy has to be paid for? Maybe a fiver a night, per tent? Don't remember having to book a space though, just sort of turn up and pitch the tent.

ryan
28-03-2007, 04:09 PM
I no you have to pay for caravan and book a place but unsure about tents.

Ryan

Southwell
28-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I think u do have to pay for tents, the farmer comes round i think.

_sleigh_
28-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I'd be ready except for.

Fitting 2 new speedos.
Acetone'n all my wheels
Then gluing up the Step-Pins and "a.n.other" front tyres.
Re-building the XXX-CR gearbox
Installing a 7.5t Brushless in the CR.
Checking the new speedo has clear the problem I had at the Indoors.
Sorting the tent
Charging the 12v, or buying a generator.
Packing the car.

I have booked the hotel, which is a good start.

emzy
28-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Freezing cold field... can't wait!

No really, I can't.

PaulRotheram
28-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Waiting for tyres.. still !

Mrs oOple
28-03-2007, 04:35 PM
You sound organised there Phil, at least you know what needs doing, that is a good start.
I think we're going to have an acetone party some time if we remember.
Did you manage to find a good deal on the hotel? The ones we've seen are uber expensive.

jcb
28-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Spent the weekend sorting out my 2wd, as the nxt time I race it will be at Tiverton. It's all setup and ready to go, apart from a top up on the shock oil and gluing some tyres up it's all ready.

Hmm got a 4wd regional the weekend before Tiverton, which is on grass, so I think I may be busy that week sorting my S4 out. Just hoping for a dry regional so I don't have to do too much cleaning.

Accomodation wise all booked up in a B&B, different to previous years, but at least I get a fried breakfast in the morning before I go car racing :p

Bathy
28-03-2007, 04:44 PM
You sound organised there Phil, at least you know what needs doing, that is a good start.
Did you manage to find a good deal on the hotel? The ones we've seen are uber expensive.

Can I gate crash your acetone party by posting up a nice big bag of old used wheels/tyres... please?

I'm looking forward to Tiverton, it's ace down there even when it chucks it down outside!

Oh Edit: is it bad that my B4 hasn't moved or been touched since Telford National 2006? Also not charged the 2wd batteries since Telford, could be interesting, you wanna take my place Jimmy???

_sleigh_
28-03-2007, 04:45 PM

Left that one to Tina and she got a £39/night deal at the Holiday Inn Express. Think it was the "Leisure Saver" rate.

jimmy
28-03-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm not doing 2WD so will be pitting for mrs.oOple instead - gonna see if we can get her away from thats last place :D

Wraggy
28-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Can I gate crash your acetone party by posting up a nice big bag of old used wheels/tyres... please?

I'm looking forward to Tiverton, it's ace down there even when it chucks it down outside!

that reminds me i need some acetone also ..
got loads of tyres i need stripping of the rims . woild save me a packet buying new rims ... :p

super__dan
28-03-2007, 04:57 PM
The single biggest worry ahead of Tivvy is always the tyres fiasco. Fortunatly I have fronts and rears already so am sorted for that, just hope the fronts work :)

4wd I'm half tempted to run exactly as it finished the indoor finals. Maybe 1 spring rate softer all round but the balance was so good I'm loather to tamper until at least I've tried it with my tyres.

Got a new generator and power supply, just waiting for new charger through the post and I think I have everything I need. New cells will have to wait until after Tivvy, especially as surely no-one needs new cells for a low grip track?

nick oliver
28-03-2007, 05:24 PM
1 quick question.. I know its been asked before on doughty.. (But i can't get on etc) What tyres are most people using for 2wd fronts and 4wd front please? Part numbers Would be great! in all.... I guess its step pins on rears.

Regard Nick.

_sleigh_
28-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I'd have told you at the Indoors, but you didn't go :rolleyes:

I'm running black round ones, with a few nobbly spikes. Probably not a cut or shut tyre either :confused:

nick oliver
28-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Sorry mate, I sorta woke up late.. (Never go out drinking again before a race meeting), And didnt help with my dad being away!.

Does that tyre have a a losi part number??......... lol

Oscar
28-03-2007, 06:34 PM
I didn't actually think much about the 2wd front tyres:o.
What are the likely candidates then? Ribs ??, BB Pins/Spikes??

Richard Lowe
28-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm pretty much sorted apart from having no front tires at all yet :o

Hurry up Helgar :wtf:

ryan
28-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I didn't actually think much about the 2wd front tyres:o.
What are the likely candidates then? Ribs ??, BB Pins/Spikes??

Racing my b4 at the winter series i found Ballistic Buggy 4wd pink mini-spikes worked best, gained lots of front end and was still well balanced with proline step pins on the rear.

Ryan

PaulRotheram
28-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Haha, this is my first time for a tiv national, infact my first whole series.. i'm glad to see im not the only one with no tyres yet !!!

Rossco_4
29-03-2007, 01:00 PM
the tyres thing is a joke, Last year me and the other Scottish guys drove all the way down to Tiverton with not a single pair of tyres between us..... hoping that the tyres we had ordered would be at the track waiting for us....... which they were - well actually only about half what we ordered.
This year its exactly the opposite situation..... we ordered loads of tyres, fully expecting there to be the same rationing that went on last year, however this hasn't happened and we now are in possession of tons of tyres..... enough for a new set each race!

losixxx
29-03-2007, 01:34 PM
CML have proline's in stock, picked some up from there today

Spencer Mulcahy
29-03-2007, 01:52 PM
My LHS ordered me some yesterday and they arrived today how fast was that. So thats me all day saturday glueing them all on.:)

tyreman
29-03-2007, 05:30 PM
MK Racing has plenty of Proline tyres in stock http://www.m-k-racing.com/

Mrs oOple
31-03-2007, 12:45 AM
I reckon a couple of bags of gravel should do the trick.

Bathy
31-03-2007, 12:49 AM
I reckon a couple of bags of gravel should do the trick.

I'm pretty drunk myself... but... what i meant was, the track leading into Tivy needs sorting been three years knackered, couple of bags of gravel 'job done'

andy05
03-04-2007, 10:51 AM
I have never raced at tiverton. Quick question on tyre prep dose every one puncher holes in the wheel and tyres or is just the wheels enough.

thanks
(proline rears and losi studs front 2wd and 4wd)

Wraggy
03-04-2007, 11:59 AM
im sure people have there own preference but ive always been told just to puncture the wheel and that would be sufficiant ...:)

hope this helps

Lee
03-04-2007, 12:35 PM
OK a few questions

1. What is the purpose of making the holes bigger in off road, is it to allow the air to be pushed out and sucked in faster to seem as a softer tyre?
When racing on road we create large holes to keep the tyres cooler?

2 Why would you puncture the tyre ?:wtf:

jcb
03-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Has any tried the Schumacher bibex compound on the front or either the 2wd or 4wd?

Spencer Mulcahy
07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
All sorted now realy looking foreword to it 4wd ready for the off 2wd just needs motor skimming after a full nuts and bolts strip down yeasterday afternoon. There was a bit of a panic last weekend when we put our tent up for the first time half the poles where missing and the shop didnt have them in stock, sorted now (My other half didnt want to do a practise run with the tent glad we did now).

Just hired a little van for all the stuff to go in the back (need to get a bigger car), have a realy good feeling about this weekends racing (that means I will do pants). Hope the weather stays as nice as it hase this weekend fingers crossed everybody.

PS been doing some track sorting at Bury Metro yesterday not going to say much as that is up to Woody but it is going to be very good.:)

emzy
07-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Whoop, one week until National Fest :)

neiloliver
07-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Only doing 2WD, driving down after work on Friday and hopefully kipping in Nick's awning (is that OK Nick?) - I will bring bacon as an offering.

Got my M3 step pins for the rear, and some proline things i only ran for my final last year. - I will try those.

Motors and batteries OK

Body shell is 50% done :)

Cant wait, just hope the weather is nice. I wish it was being run outside though, pitting outside and away from the inside track makes the meeting lack atmosphere versus the others but it was my best result (in terms of points) last year.

N

PaulRotheram
07-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Still no tyres arriving today, it's quite stressful at the moment. I think the best option for next year, if tiverton hosts a nat again is to move its national to the 2nd of the season, or further down so it gives people pleanty more time to source tyres.

I placed an order on my tyres the day i received my acception form, and i've still got none. Not good really!:(

Chrislong
07-04-2007, 07:02 PM
PS been doing some track sorting at Bury Metro yesterday not going to say much as that is up to Woody but it is going to be very good.:)

And again today, its looking damn goooood! I think our ideas today have built up well and I reckon unique to UK racing. ;) But that double corkscrew loop might be a pig just after a corner.

Richard Lowe
07-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Still no tyres arriving today, it's quite stressful at the moment. I think the best option for next year, if tiverton hosts a nat again is to move its national to the 2nd of the season, or further down so it gives people pleanty more time to source tyres.

I placed an order on my tyres the day i received my acception form, and i've still got none. Not good really!:(

Yeah it's worse than last year, I dont think step-pins are as much of a problem but red studs are stupidly hard to get hold of, I dont have any yet either :(

PaulRotheram
07-04-2007, 07:35 PM
it'l be comedy if the studs are not the choice on the day however.. ahh. STILL though, i'm looking forward to it, nat weekends are normally fun no matter what happens!

who's camping/hotelling?

jcb
07-04-2007, 07:41 PM
I managed to get 1 pair of red losi studs from a shop in the UK. That was after emailing nearly all the shops in the back of Racer, and Race Car magazine.

modelimages
07-04-2007, 08:33 PM
i really don't understand the problem, i ordered 30 pairs in february for the people who buy early, i followed this up with another 30 after the national confirmations a couple of weeks ago, i have 5 pairs left and have ordered some more for sale on the day, i received the 2 x 30 pairs within 3 days of ordering. the remaining order may come in next week but horizon are not sure, i will be checking on tuesday for a delivery forecast, fortunately i am not too far from harlow so i can go and collect as late as thursday. perhaps i was lucky and just ordered at the right time, it does seem to be an annual problem for some drivers and the distributors seem to get the blame, i cannot fault horizon this year they have delivered exactly what i ordered and in good time.

modelimages
07-04-2007, 08:56 PM
i now have none left.

_sleigh_
08-04-2007, 12:06 AM
I really don't see this as a problem for next year ;-) unless a.n.other dirt track apples for a national. I just goes to show that not enough drivers plan ahead. 8-O

Body Paint
08-04-2007, 12:29 AM
It's fine for us guys who are gauranteed an entry but I do feel for those guys who don't know they are in until the end of March, or even on the reserve list.

Chrislong
08-04-2007, 07:10 AM
It's fine for us guys who are gauranteed an entry but I do feel for those guys who don't know they are in until the end of March, or even on the reserve list.

I fully agree. I mean I managed to get tyres ages ago, but for anyone who is F3,4 or 5, awaiting entry pack leaves little time to plan for this one.. I think this is why Paul Rotheram mentioned having Tivvy later in the season but then that also brings a new problem, cos Tivvy is indoor and away from any football pitches, so avoids problems from rain and from any football matches going on over the weekend. Football ends shortly ofcause.

You ought to see Bury Metro on a Sunday at 11am, cars parked everywhere and you'll be lucky if you don't have to walk 200yds to get to the track.

PaulRotheram
09-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Looking good for the weekend!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1886

:cool:

hickston
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Id watch the visibility, it's only meant to be moderate which could make driving interesting :D :D :D

tyreman
10-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Shame about the rain all day Sunday,
you never know it might change:rolleyes:

Wraggy
10-04-2007, 08:06 AM
well i have 3 pairs of losi front studs and 7 pairs of rear step pins. and only in for 2wd curently. 10th res on 4wd so if i dont get in then i should have 2 pairs of front and 4 pairs of rears going on sale sunday morning.
i willbe staying over in then hope of getting in but if i dont then come and find me :) .

emzy
10-04-2007, 09:14 AM
http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX0462?x=0&post=post&code=code&y=0

Scattered showers / 19C on Saturday
Partly cloudly / 18C on Sunday.

I'll take the temps. Bit more sun please?

Chrislong
10-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Won't the rain actually help? I know were under cover but the dampness in the ground will keep the dust down and perhaps stop it looking like a bomb site after the 3rd round.

I have some used tires from 2006, cleaned, still got square tops on the spikes and mounted on wheels. Anybody struggling to get theres in time can buy these off me, see my add in the for sales, also I am prepared to sell on my new tires after I have had a run or 2 on them too.

Chris

emzy
10-04-2007, 09:19 AM
If anyone needs Step Pins, we've got some brand new ones for sale :)

I'm pretty excited for the weekend now, is that sad?!

millzy
10-04-2007, 09:39 AM
you happy already about being last

my god

ashleyb4
10-04-2007, 09:48 AM
No thats not sad emz im exsited about kiddy.

A

emzy
10-04-2007, 09:51 AM
No thats not sad emz im exsited about kiddy.

A

Not doing Tiv, Ash?

And Millzy - SHUT UP! I wasn't exactly far off you at the Indoor Finals... F final much!! Anyway, Bathy'll be last :D

millzy
10-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Not doing Tiv, Ash?

And Millzy - SHUT UP! I wasn't exactly far off you at the Indoor Finals... F final much!! Anyway, Bathy'll be last :D

oh yeah for got about Dave and the b4 thats not been touched since telford 2006.

Southwell
10-04-2007, 10:05 AM
And it was crap because u prepped it :D

emzy
10-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Millzy and his Pledge Polish!! :D

millzy
10-04-2007, 10:11 AM
polish is for the wheels and shell

151 super maitinance cleaner is for the plastic bits

tyreman
10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Ahh mister no show from Sunday, hey Millzy;) :rolleyes:

millzy
10-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah I went to a family easter weekend away... and it wasnt close to cov so couldnt sneek out.

Bathy
10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Not doing Tiv, Ash?

Cheeky!

Should I change anything from Telford, it's not like it was raining or anything :o

millzy
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
yes

brown front

green rears

big rear wing

font wing if you gay like me and think it works.

Wraggy
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
yes

brown front

green rears

big rear wing

dont think anyone is as gay as you millzy ;) :D

millzy
10-04-2007, 12:53 PM
no i dont think any one is in love with pink as i am but the front wing is a good tunning ade

Wraggy
10-04-2007, 12:54 PM
never tried one yet so could be a 1st :rolleyes:

millzy
10-04-2007, 12:55 PM
jc one for sheep

b4 rear wing on the front for the men

emzy
10-04-2007, 12:58 PM
no i dont think any one is in love with pink as i am but the front wing is a good tunning ade

I don't see you having pink hair!

millzy
10-04-2007, 12:59 PM
the assembaly dont like it

I have pink wheels :P)

emzy
10-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm too lazy to have pink wheels.

I have pink glasses.

ashleyb4
10-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Nope emz im not doig tivvy only the middle 4 im not doing stotfold either.

Wraggy
10-04-2007, 01:30 PM
has anyone got into tivvy yet from being a reserve ??
if so what no. reserve were you ???

Bathy
10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
yes

brown front

green rears

big rear wing

That's like loads of changes!!! Think I'll just leave it as it is, sounds like hard work that setup, it is only 2wd huh.

Southwell
10-04-2007, 08:28 PM

Ive got a pink wing!! ;)...........and a carbon fibre style one....:rolleyes:

super__dan
10-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Anyone else staying at the travel lodge 2 junctions (?) north of the turnoff for the track?

The big Dong and myself are, believe the pub next door is OK if anyone fancies meeting for a bav Friday evening*?

Dan

* Note not a session David Church, Alec Springer, you other piss head ;) etc etc

Chrislong
10-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Anyone else staying at the travel lodge 2 junctions (?) north of the turnoff for the track?

The big Dong and myself are, believe the pub next door is OK if anyone fancies meeting for a bav Friday evening*?

Dan

* Note not a session David Church, Alec Springer, you other piss head ;) etc etc

The big Dong, is that me? LOL

Its the Premier Lodge at Taunton East, by the Beeffeater, so im sure there'll be plenty of us in the pub at night, I won't be drinking ofcause, im a good boy now!

Mrs oOple
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
has anyone got into tivvy yet from being a reserve ??
if so what no. reserve were you ???

I think Tris was a reserve and he now has entry, can't remember for which class or what reserve though!

Crash
11-04-2007, 11:45 AM
i've had a phone call this morning to confirm entry for 2wd.
was 6th on the reserve list.

just need them tyres that nobody can get now :D

Wraggy
11-04-2007, 12:02 PM
i've had a phone call this morning to confirm entry for 2wd.
was 6th on the reserve list.

just need them tyres that nobody can get now :D
ok waiting more on the 4wd res list as im already in on 2wd .
will have lots of spare tyres going if i dont get in on 4wd

Wraggy
11-04-2007, 03:35 PM
just been told im now 5th res for 4wd :p , i was 10th ..

Spencer Mulcahy
11-04-2007, 04:51 PM
There may be five that dont turn up on the day Paul fingers crossed for you mate.:)

Southwell
11-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Get them to take Bathy out :p

Lee Martin
11-04-2007, 08:52 PM
or southwell...both as bad as each other

Southwell
11-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Ok, ok, Pidge and Bathy, then you'll be 3rd reserve!

Wraggy
12-04-2007, 09:13 AM
3rd res now :) , bit late i know but does anyone have the postcode for tivvy???

cheers

OldTimer
12-04-2007, 09:40 AM
I think this is it ? http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=50.939764&lon=-3.198417&z=16&r=0&src=msl it shows Longitude and Latitude which you can enter into your sat nav ;)

Wraggy
12-04-2007, 10:11 AM
thanks JC , havnt got a posh sat nav that will except that though :(, have got it now thanks .
2nd res

tyreman
12-04-2007, 12:24 PM
thanks JC , havnt got a posh sat nav that will except that though :(, have got it now thanks .
2nd res

He's like a kid on Christmas morning:D

Northy
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
"Like a dog with two dicks"? :confused: :confused: :D :D

G

Wraggy
12-04-2007, 01:29 PM
cant see this posted anywhere else , but what shops will be there ??
i know Dom's not gonna be there :(

jimmy
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Model Images / theRacePlace and I think wings and wheels? or what is left of them.

modelimages
12-04-2007, 04:57 PM
theraceplace will be there from about 2ish. look for the big white tent, predictions on who does what anyone?.
my vote goes for the usual cragg,martin,taylor,stafford, with a strong showing for truman in 2wd and a kyosho rb5 in the top 20:yawn:

see you there

john

p.s don't ask for losi red studs as refusal often offends

PaulRotheram
12-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty much ready, off to bed soon. I just need to wake up in the morning, pack the car and find my way down south.

Will see you all on the weekend, have a safe journey.

bigred5765
12-04-2007, 09:33 PM
just checked at the met office looking good all weekend
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Tiverton&day=3

anyone any idea how many runs per tyre 2wd and 4wd

tyreman
12-04-2007, 10:15 PM
anyone any idea how many runs per tyre 2wd and 4wd

If you don't want to use too many set of tyres then I would use a new set in each run of 2wd, then turn them round and reuse them for 4wd.

ashleyb4
12-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Have fun everyone. Good luck to all.

A

tc2k
12-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Aye good luck to everyone racing and hope its a good weekend for you lot.
Eagerly await to see how well stu does under oople :p . I predict...good

andy reeves
13-04-2007, 08:27 AM
will any of the shops there this weekend have any Proline step pins for sale this weekend or are they rare just like the losi tyres?

jimmy
13-04-2007, 08:31 AM
afaik there is no problem with the pro line tyres, you should be able to get these no problem.

PaulRotheram
15-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Great weekend, i'll post more about it once home, shame about my car tho (big one) got a flat and cant sort owt till tommorrow. :(

Spencer Mulcahy
16-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Well just got back from Tivvy after a 480 mile round trip and it was worth all the effort what a fantastic meeting. Well done to Jackie and her crew for a seemless meeting(apart from comp glitch which was no ones fault). The track was massive and really good to drive, weather was very nice.
Congrats to Darren and Lee for their wins. My racing this weekend was mixed 2wd on sat I was not happy with ended up in the K final and didnt finish it battery problem. Today in 4wd I was well happy finished up in the J final doesn't sound any better but my overall performance was better I improved by five seconds every round and ended up with 10 laps in 322. The times were so close today that show the quality of drivers in the british championship. Only a month till the next round will have to start on my cars and change all the setting back to how they were.(and get all my tyres before the event next time).

emzy
16-04-2007, 12:39 AM
717 mile round trip... 7 hours down, 6 hours back... YAAAWN.

Good meeting though, bit disappointed with 2wd but 4wd was awesome, until my irritating glitches in the final. Good crack :)

Oscar
16-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Nothing Irritating about those glitches Em;):D

millzy
16-04-2007, 08:53 AM
how many miles!!

i left at 7pm on sunday

got home for 8:15 ....love it

2wd was lush e final and well happy

4wd, man that one way let me down, but had a good battle with jimmy and stu evens, both camera men sticking insinde moves on me in the race.

All in all love the frist national.

cant wait for kiddy

jimmy
16-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Can't believe the way I was racing in that final- I was all over the place! Stu Evans screamed with laughter when I rolled it trying to stay ahead of him, git.I never got the hang of that tabletop and I was really slow through there.

Great result for Bloomers and even more so for Lee with a car he's not raced before.

_sleigh_
16-04-2007, 09:04 AM
how many miles!!

i left at 7pm on sunday

got home for 8:15 ....love it

2wd was lush e final and well happy

4wd, man that one way let me down, but had a good battle with jimmy and stu evens, both camera men sticking insinde moves on me in the race.

All in all love the frist national.

cant wait for kiddy

You'd have got home a little earlier if "H" had used his right foot a bit more. ;)

I suppose that goes for most people we passed on our 2 hour trip back to Telford. :p

millzy
16-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Maybe he could have got another 10mph out of it but then is 125 going to far?

millzy
16-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Ah i wonderd why i cought you so fast in that section, i did gun it like crazy to pass you on to the straight, that 501 isnt slow.

jimmy
16-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah I had problems up that top bit, I just couldn't see it properly or figure out a fast way.. I did well in qualifying just by being consistent. but for the final I needed to be quick thru there and I wasn't..
Missed my practice when the brushless fell apart, thats mi excuse.:D

I'll get you next time STU!

jimmy
16-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh thanks to john for driving us all the way home - but I wasn't able to get any photos up last night of course. Will put em up tonight.

millzy
16-04-2007, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=jimmy;I'll get you next time STU![/QUOTE]

I second that

emzy
16-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Nothing Irritating about those glitches Em;):D

Haha, you WOULD say that!

That was a class race, apart from that one corner each lap! :)

Looking forward to Kiddy now, more good weather would be nice too!

Kopite
16-04-2007, 01:14 PM
My first national, and i loved it. The only thing i didn't enjoy was getting up for work this morning, sooooooooooooooooo tired!!:(

strobe
16-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Jimmy.
Not advisable to EAT as you are about to start a race.

jimmy
16-04-2007, 02:11 PM
No, tasty tho! I ws starving and the food only arrived as the race before mine started, so I had to eat quick! :D I think I won too!

Mrs oOple
17-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Report and photos:

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/tiverton2007national/

Bathy
20-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Video's been watched over 1,000 times now... not bad for 'big kid toys'!

NeilD
20-04-2007, 07:27 PM
It's a cool vid too, i feel well relaxed after listening to the music.

bigred5765
20-04-2007, 07:56 PM
were can we download the vid from

Bathy
21-04-2007, 12:20 AM
were can we download the vid from

Ummm if you wanna download it i think I'll have to send you a copy or something....

PaulRotheram
21-04-2007, 07:21 AM
bathy you drunken spod.

the video is on the tiverton report on oOple.com, but you can only stream it, not right click save as etc.

emzy
21-04-2007, 03:31 PM
bathy you drunken spod.

the video is on the tiverton report on oOple.com, but you can only stream it, not right click save as etc.

... exactly his point!

Who's the spod now!