PDA

View Full Version : The Autumn Championships 2009

bedsrcmcc
03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
We shall be running a warmup meeting this Friday (4th Sept) on track layout 6 so you get one final chance to prepare for the start of the 6 week championship which starts on Friday 11 September 2009.

Please check the race schedule on our site here

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/racing-schedule.php

Remember that one of the meetings will be held on a Monday rather than our normal Friday slot at the hall.

We shall be checking all cars this Friday to ensure they meet minimal right height of 5mm and minimum weight of 1500g and control tyres.

During the championship we shall be randomly checking cars throughout the night and any cars that do not meet the rules will have their race points for that week removed from the championships. The rules are not that too complicated and I'm sure we will not have any problems throughout the championships.

Good luck to you all.

bedsrcmcc
04-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Throughout the championships every driver will recieve a free raffle ticket when they enter to race, so you'll get at least 6 tickets during the championship. The club will be selling extra strips of 5 tickets for £1 will all funds going to the club.

We are running this raffle because Schumacher will be kindly providing some prizes for us as we are running their control tyre at the club. So even if you do not manage to make 1st place in either the F1, F2 or F3 group, you have a chance of winning something for your car instead.

Just come and see me during a race meeting (when I'm not racing or pressing buttons!) to buy extra tickets.

bedsrcmcc
04-09-2009, 09:57 PM
To help us all to improve the way we driver and marshall, there will be an additional prize awarded at the end of the Championship for the driver who other members feel has shown the most well mannered driving on the track, assistance in the pits or marshalled your car quickly and effectively, it's all about improving everyone's ability to race cleanly and marshall correctly :thumbsup:

This will be judged by allowing everyone to have 1 vote each week to give to a driver who they feel has excelled in driving or marshalling. You can't vote for yourself, and you do not have to vote for a driver you've race with. You might have marshalled a race and seen one of the drivers show true sportsmanship and you feel they deserve to get your vote.

I'll ask you all to vote after the finals as the track is being put away. So keep your eyes wide open :woot: and use your vote...

bedsrcmcc
12-09-2009, 08:53 AM
WOW what a night :)

18 drivers and 4 heats last night :woot:

The club could not have asked for a better start to the Autumn Championships. If this is the sign of things to come then we are in for a titanic battle throughout all the forumula groups.

The standard of driving is improving and I have to say that the shock of the night, and I'm sure he does not mind me saying it, was Steve. Having put a new digital servo in his car, it has transformed his driving and Steve was putting some great laps in last night :thumbsup:

Cory again is showing that he's going to be hard to beat in F2 as he made it into the A Final, so Lucas and Co will have to up their game...

Thanks to you all for the support last night in getting the track ready, put away and for Ian's help on the computer - it was crazy but a great night I think for us all and club.

CYCLONE-JOE
12-09-2009, 06:05 PM
yh great night i think everybody was in the lead at least 1s in the b finals lol me lucas callum all swoping places

bedsrcmcc
22-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Have to say guys that I thought the driving was great last night. This is what I like - really close wheel to wheel racing at it's best. I was so happy, having screwed up the first heat with my tranny batteries, I managed to claw back to second for the finals.

Playing the waiting game in Leg one paid off with a win in the last 2 laps :) and although Andy got away from me in Leg 2, the fight I was having with Chris was probably my best race ever at the club, thanks Chris - more of the same next round...

bedsrcmcc
17-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Just to let you know that the Championship has now finished and I can't believe how close it was in both F1 and F2 :woot:

I think there could be a few surprised drivers when we hand out the trophies on Monday 26 October when we are racing at the hall - remember that's on Monday. After that we are back to our Friday's for a couple of weeks before another couple of Monday meetings, then it's Friday's all the way to Christmas.

Both Russell and I would like to thank everyone for entering the Championships and supporting the club. It has been great to see so many people each week and from the feedback and enquiries we have been getting in the past few weeks it's going to be even bigger for our Winter Championships that starts in January - more details about to follow...

Once again, congratulations to those who have won (you'll find out very soon who you are) and well done to everyone who's raced with us. :thumbsup:

the pitman
20-10-2009, 07:27 PM
What time are you planning to dish out the awards on Monday. As I coach Corys foootball team and we have been given Mondays as our winter training slot we wont be racing again next week. If your going to do it around 9-30 ish we will make the effort to get up to Bromham for that time after training, if not dont worry, we will get the results via the website or at the next Friday race night.

Simon and Cory :thumbsup:

bedsrcmcc
20-10-2009, 08:25 PM
What time are you planning to dish out the awards on Monday. As I coach Corys foootball team and we have been given Mondays as our winter training slot we wont be racing again next week. If your going to do it around 9-30 ish we will make the effort to get up to Bromham for that time after training, if not dont worry, we will get the results via the website or at the next Friday race night.

Simon and Cory :thumbsup:

I can arrange to hand out the trophies and do the raffle from 9.30 at the earliest if you like, that way you can be here for both. We are going to be running an oval track on Monday for a bit of fun so it's going to be a relaxed evening of racing anyway so we hope to see you there later in the evening, regards.

the pitman
20-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Cheers, we will see you Monday then.

Simon.

bedsrcmcc
27-10-2009, 01:41 AM
You can now read the full race results of club members and guest drivers for Rounds 5 and 6 along with the final points tables for club members online here:

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/championship-news.php

There are also photos of the winning drivers and their cars, plus well done to Tim for being voted by his fellow club racers as the most courteous driver/marshall of the Championship.

Well done to all who took part and especially to those who won their groups, here's to the nest one :thumbsup:

hashiriya
27-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Hey Scott,

Congrats on your championship win!

If I enteres the championship next year, do I start in your F3 class? how does the class system work? Is there info on the website that I just haven't seen?

bedsrcmcc
27-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey Scott,

Congrats on your championship win!

If I enteres the championship next year, do I start in your F3 class? how does the class system work? Is there info on the website that I just haven't seen?

What I shall do between now and the championships is gauge the performance levels of new members and then place them in the group I feel best suits them. Currently your driving is of a high standard and it would therefore be unfair to place you in a lower formula as you would win without any problem, so you'll probably end up in the higher formula.

It will be more fun for you also to be competing against drivers of the same standard, so F1 it could be... :thumbsup:

hashiriya
27-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Better get my act together and prove my worth then I guess.

I can then race with the big boys then have the pleasure of falling a class:thumbsup:

bedsrcmcc
27-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Better get my act together and prove my worth then I guess.

I can then race with the big boys then have the pleasure of falling a class:thumbsup:

Based on your performance last week on track No.7 I doubt that very much :p