PDA

View Full Version : More B44 shock collar issues.....

Hog
10-09-2009, 07:53 AM
The threaded shock collars on my B44 keep adjusting themselves - slipping upwards. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

I was thinking of putting a tight fitting O-ring above the collar to prevent them moving up. Or would something like the Trinity alloy shock collars for the Losi shocks fit? (The ones with the built in O-ring). Didn't know if they were the same diameter as the Associated shocks.

Cheers,
Dave.

c0sie
10-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Did you put the o-ring inside the shock collar before you installed it on the shock??

Failing that, a LITTLE tiny dab of nail polish on the edge of the collar will act as a little seal, and depending on your colour of choice, itll look pretty too :) lol

Hog
10-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I bought the car 2nd hand. Do the plastic B44 collars have O-rings inside them? I've not checked.

Body Paint
10-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Should do, yes.

c0sie
10-09-2009, 08:44 AM
HTH :)

Hog
10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Hmmm. I'm guessing either they're missing or perished as the collars do seem to move easily. I'll have a look later. Thanks chaps.

Just out of interest would the Trinity alloy collars for the Losi shocks fit? Just a bit of added bling that's all.

c0sie
10-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I believe that the thread is diferent, although Body Paint would be in a better postion to answer that than I am :)

MattADH
10-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Assuming that you have the plastic collars, you can use a soldering iron to deform the threads which will make them harder to turn.

Alternatively, many years ago we used to double up the collars to lock them against each other.

The first tip is the cheaper one and usually works everytime!

Body Paint
10-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Losi collars will not fit, but Trinity do a set for the B4/B44 aswell. They are pretty much identical to the Associated ones except they are a different colour.

I think Trishbits also has them in stock for the B4.

As Matt says you could deform the threads a little to tighten them up, though I believe that your collars will be metal so you may damage the threads on the shock if you did this.

Doubling up on the collars is an option for the front but you may not have enough room to get 2 collars on the back shocks, if you did your ride height would be very high.

In my opinion your best bet is to get some new rubber rings and put them in your existing collars ;-)

Hog
10-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the tips chaps.

Rear collars sit fully extended so no problem there - fronts are only about 5mm down but doubling up is an option.

Will try new O-rings but the temptation of extra bling may be too much......:thumbsup:

MattADH
10-09-2009, 02:55 PM
As Matt says you could deform the threads a little to tighten them up, though I believe that your collars will be metal so you may damage the threads on the shock if you did this.

I bought the car 2nd hand. Do the plastic B44 collars have O-rings inside them? I've not checked.

Yes only deform the threads if you have plastic collars

Hog
10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
I might try a thin smear of Shoo Goo on the O-rings to make them bite.

Hog
14-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Couldn't see the B4 collars on the Trishbits site?