PDA

View Full Version : Broken Bulk Heads!

loose
03-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Is there any way to protect or at limit the number of front bulk heads I keep breaking. Seems any time time I dink a front wheel I breaking it! (dont get me wrong sometimes I REALLY dink it and I'm not surprised it breaks, but everytime???). I've just got the standard hinge pin cover on, is there a modified one that takes some of the impact maybe?

:confused:

bigred5765
03-04-2007, 08:39 AM
use the alloy front brace never broke a front bulk head ever

BenG
03-04-2007, 09:03 AM
me neither, use the FT blue front brace and you should be fine.

Also, drive less aggressively ;)

mattym0310
03-04-2007, 09:08 AM
yeah i also started using blue FT front brace and i never broke one since.

o yeah also dont argue with walls, it isnt good for you..:p [ive learnt that from alot of experience:D]

tc2k
03-04-2007, 09:47 AM
The front brace helps. I broke 2 bulkheads when i sarted within a week of each other so stocked up on them and havent broke a single one since, but still managed to do the rear shock tower twice!

loose
03-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Cheers guys, I'll pick up a couple of alloy brackets. I'll see if our local shops carry them as stock items.

I learned a lesson here - loadsa beer, 4.30am, power wheelies off your wifes new rug to impress equally trolleyed mates. Not a good idea. :eh?:

Fiddybux
17-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Where do you get the braces from, or is it just a case of trying stuff to see what...atomic carbon don't do a front one do they?

sparrow.2
17-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Associated do a very nice one which any model shop ought to be able to get for you.

ashleyb4
17-02-2008, 07:44 PM
The only prblem with the FT hinge pin brace is if you do break a front bulkhead you may loose the hinge pin brace which is like 13 quid alot of money to loose i lost about 5.

A

ben
17-02-2008, 07:48 PM
BUT ash isnt that the whole point of the FT front brace so that you dont break front bulkheads to loose the brace?:confused::thumbdown:

ashleyb4
17-02-2008, 08:05 PM
But if you slip something the bulkhead can break and then the ft wing pin brace goes ping and bye bye into thegrass never to bee seen again.

A

pro4nut
17-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Having always used the FT blue brace and never broken a bulkhead i would have to dispute what you are saying Ashley.

sparrow.2
17-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Ash is actually right. I found one of my braces right by our track after one of the jumps...

What happens is if you land a jump wrong the two plastic elevations on the bulkhead break, the screws pull out and off goes the brace to find new owners :thumbdown:

Happens quite a lot and is the reason I run an aluminium bulkhead too...

ashleyb4
17-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Having always used the FT blue brace and never broken a bulkhead i would have to dispute what you are saying Ashley.

Well ive lost quiet a few thsi way and seen other people do the same thing.

Ash is actually right. I found one of my braces right by our track after one of the jumps...

What happens is if you land a jump wrong the two plastic elevations on the bulkhead break, the screws pull out and off goes the brace to find new owners :thumbdown:

Happens quite a lot and is the reason I run an aluminium bulkhead too...

yea I always seemed to break ien in the saem place right next to the long weeds if you are lucky you will find it otherwise another 13 quid :)

A

A