PDA

View Full Version : Clubs Christmas Meeting...

bedsrcmcc
26-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Our last race meeting of 2009 will be on Friday 18 December. Therefore we were thinking of having some festive fun on that night. If you have any ideas please let us know...

For starters some of the ideas are:

A caravan race - where by you have to scratch build a caravan to be towed by your RC car and then we'll race them around the track on the night. :cry:

Party food - Instead of paying to race on the night, we would request that every member brings some party food. The club would provide drinks (no alcohol sorry!) on the night. :thumbsup:

Oval track - rather than a tight and twisty track, maybe have a large oval to allow us to fully exploit the floor surface and get some great power slides going on... :woot:

Any other ideas are welcome please.

CYCLONE-JOE
26-09-2009, 02:46 PM
the oval track sounds cool get some drift wheels on and power slide around the track lol if you could even move with drift wheels on

bedsrcmcc
26-09-2009, 02:59 PM
the oval track sounds cool get some drift wheels on and power slide around the track lol if you could even move with drift wheels on

We could always run on slicks! I know when we were testing tyres before the club started I ran my car on rubber slicks and the power slides were awesome - not great for straight lines though :cry:

HPI Paul
26-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Oval racing and some drifting action sounds just the ticket. Well up for the scratch build caravans too. How about trailers and they have to be able to carry a xmas pudding.

What about 5-a-side footy with a beach ball, a-la Top Gear??? suppose there might be a lot of crashes with that tho....

CYCLONE-JOE
26-09-2009, 05:09 PM
yes top gear football would be fun but a few rules like no full throttle and slick tyers to make it hard

Oval racing and some drifting action sounds just the ticket. Well up for the scratch build caravans too. How about trailers and they have to be able to carry a xmas pudding.

What about 5-a-side footy with a beach ball, a-la Top Gear??? suppose there might be a lot of crashes with that tho....

bedsrcmcc
26-09-2009, 06:17 PM

We did a football match many years ago now - it all ended a little messy with several cars damaged, mind you it was in the days before touring cars with open wheel buggies, so as long as we make sure everyone's on slicks it might be fun...

CYCLONE-JOE
26-09-2009, 07:02 PM
or plastic drift wheels or taped over slick would be crazy

associatedtc3
28-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Some of the things that we have done over the years at different clubs ive been in Devon are as follows:
Race on normal track with transmitters back to front [not sure how this works with steer wheel trannys]
Strap an egg to the roof of your car. Last one with egg whole wins[this was an outdoor club though]
Race on normal track opposite way round to normal.
Race each others cars[hopefully without breaking them]

There's a few more ideas for xmas.Cheers Andy

clk-racing
30-09-2009, 05:41 PM
this idea might sound a bit weird but would it be worth playing football with eggs on our cars to stop the the crashing. and if your egg breaks you get a minute sin bin :p

thanks

cory

mi3.5

bedsrcmcc
30-09-2009, 10:32 PM
this idea might sound a bit weird but would it be worth playing football with eggs on our cars to stop the the crashing. and if your egg breaks you get a minute sin bin :p

thanks

cory

mi3.5

Could you imagine the mess!

I like the idea of mixing drifting + oval + towing caravan - now that would be interesting...

Another idea is to stick a small pin on front of car and attach balloon to the back :cry:. Run say 10 cars around an oval and the object of the game is to burst the other balloons without having yours burst.

No marshalls so if you crash out then that's it, your out! :thumbdown:

Last man standing wins :thumbsup:

CYCLONE-JOE
01-10-2009, 03:00 PM
that would be fun i think thats the best idea last man standing

Could you imagine the mess!

I like the idea of mixing drifting + oval + towing caravan - now that would be interesting...

Another idea is to stick a small pin on front of car and attach balloon to the back :cry:. Run say 10 cars around an oval and the object of the game is to burst the other balloons without having yours burst.

No marshalls so if you crash out then that's it, your out! :thumbdown:

Last man standing wins :thumbsup: