PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the review ?

jimmy
02-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Was i harsh with the review ? (its been said) I thought the problems with the car were minor ones, but at the same time there was no point lying about them. I did my best to describe the car as it is and overall I thought the car was very good, just not perfect.

:buggy:

Did i put you off the pred ?

DCM
02-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Jim, I was never going to run out and buy an X10 (got a long memory) and all it did was tell me things don't seem to of changed at TTech, still the same school boy errors in the design.

To be brutaly honest, if I reveiw just goes, ooooh it is nice BUY one, and does it for EVERY kit, then the reveiw is pointless, thats why I stopped buying RC Mags 12 years ago.

If you can be subjective and realistic, you are doing a good job, just cause it is Brittish, don't mean it is good or deserves a false reveiw.

Whoever told you you were being harsh, they need to think... if Tamiya can build a car for £130 and not have problems, Academy build a useable car for the same amount, then I don't see why, for the price you pay for the X10, I wouldn't expect replacement parts because 'they were designed wrong'.

Which leaves one question I need to ask, the delay on release was due to redesigns and testing.... did they realy?

OldTimer
02-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I think you review was pretty balanced when i read it, pointing out the good and bad areas like in any car. And if someone thinks it is harsh that is there choice, it would be nice if they came on here so we could discuss what was harsh about the review.

Bathy
02-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Nah I don’t think you were harsh Jimmy, very honest I would say, keep in mind that your review is only your opinion. However, the small faults you did mention in the review would have been mentioned by anyone carrying out a review on the X10. From what you describe these faults affect all the cars produced not just the one you bought.

The one thing that puts me off most about buying an X10 it the fact you’re selling the one you reviewed, shame ttech didn’t donate you a car to review.

jimmy
02-01-2006, 09:50 PM
I wish i wasnt selling it but ive already spent the money on the next review car. I'd love to race the pred some more but the more i knock the thing about the less i will get back, and i just cant afford that at the moment since ofcourse I have to pay for it.

DCM
02-01-2006, 10:02 PM
You could always sell your soul to write a positive non-subjective reveiw Jim.... pmsl

Anonymous
03-01-2006, 05:38 PM
I bough my X10 just because it look so great! but now I wish i have save my money. First the ball end were missing on the car, send ttech more then 5 emails, no answer. I got so parts from another car to make work, when to a club race, and striped the spurgear in the 4th lap!. $652.00 is a lot of money for just 4 laps! I have not race the car ever since, and is in my garage waiting for me to calm down. Is a shame because it should be a really good car. What the should do is a recall on the parts the need to be fix, not offer a fix for more money, I think I already pay enough. I just finish my ZX5 hope to have better luck with it.

DCM
03-01-2006, 05:59 PM
I think to do an effective FIX to the spur gear issue is to have a mount to support a bearing on the otherside of the spur gear to securely lock the spur into one position, only trouble is, that would mean re-jigging the chassis.... which would mean re-manufacturing the mould which means money.....

andys
03-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Jimmy.

If TTech go out of business (again) before I manage to save up enough pennies for the 'revised' X10, I will hold you personally responsible. Just wanted to make sure we were clear on that.

Northy
03-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Andy are you being serious? (No smilies)

Anonymous
03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Graham.

Serious about saving up once they have sorted it and we get back outdoors.
Not really serious about blaming Jimmy, just like winding him up.

Andy.

tony1034
04-01-2006, 03:52 PM
LOL Andy.

It's good to read an honest review by someone not getting paid for it :roll:

Keep the reviews coming Jimmy!

Tony P.

Northy
04-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I think it's been changed....... :shock:

jimmy
04-01-2006, 05:02 PM
it has very slightly, I took the extra bearing mod off too.
it has not been censored. and i didnt want people taking that bearing mod (particularly the animation) out of context.

I was just gonna take the entire thing offline last night since i dont want to upset people, but i spent a lot of time on it, so, sod it. Its had over 1700 views and ive had 1 negative comment.

DCM
04-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Jim, in the end, if a car got issue's it got issue's whether it is a budget or top sec racer, as for being top spec, I would be most miffed if I had to start dremmeling and modifying it to ensure correct operation.

All I can say is, keep them coming like that, honest, at least then we know what we would be potentialy letting ourselves in for.

Kash
09-01-2006, 12:33 PM
I think it was good review...Keep it up

It was an opinion of someone that races and is known especially in the NE area.

FBR
11-01-2006, 11:37 AM
it was a good review like dcm said the magazines never seem to give an honest review so yours is welcome breath of fresh air and if some one was offended tough they are being way to sensitive.

Micha_MX4
07-02-2006, 07:50 PM
I like the review and I think it is fair!

I own 4 (old) Preds (one to drive rest for spares...) the general
design is just fabulous but the details... simply they put me off.

Most interesting for me was if they changed their general "attitude" towards
their design (all the small details - I'd say Japanese are just so good at that)
and it was pretty obvious to me they didn't. ...sad...

So I'll save my money for a ZX-5 or a Yok BX

Please keep your style Jimmy!

Micha