PDA

View Full Version : TRF 501X option coil sets?

BORMAC
11-04-2007, 10:55 AM
I have recently bought a set of front and rear TRF white coil sets for the 501X.They are labelled as yellows,reds and blues.Can anyone tell me which would be hardest through to softest?The kits standards are yellows by the way.Any help would be greatly appreciated,thankyou-Jason.

bender
11-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Jason-

Red will be the softest, yellow in the middle, and blue the stiffest.

Tamiya label all their springs like this.

Can you tell me if the rear springs are the same diameter as the kit springs?
I wouldn't mind getting a set but if the rears rub on the shock like the kit springs then I think I'll stick to the DF03 springs.

BORMAC
11-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Thankyou for the help Jason.I am certain that the coils are the same as the kit ones.What colours would you run out at Ipswich? When are you heading out there again? I got a new body set in today as well as the alloy rear uprights and coil sets too. I finaly got myself that Brat belt I was looking for by the way.The car is looking awesome,Im thinking of running it at the vintage meet at Ryde later on in the year.

bender
12-04-2007, 05:24 AM
I should be running at the next Ipswich meeting - will probably be running 4wd Mod. It just depends because Bayside race on the following day and I havent decided whether to race off road or touring cars yet.

I have also just bought a new Ultima so will have to find time to get it ready for Ipswich too!