PDA

View Full Version : Cyber 10B Rear drive shaft help

peanuts6677
12-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to the world of RC cars and I have just finished building a Cyber 10B.
After the second test run up and down the driveway, the right hand side rear dog bone popped out of the rear axel housing. I see some people have replaced the dog bones with the HB CVDs, but I cant seem to find a set in Australia or anywhere on the internet.

Is there a known fix for stopping the rear drive shafts from popping out?
Any help or advice would be really appreciated

Thanks very much
Cheers
Glenn

Jamesy
12-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi Glenn,

Make sure you have the silicone o-rings in the rear diff outdrives to limit the amount the driveshaft can move.

If these are in place and this still happens you need to check the shock is built so there is 29mm between the bottom of the shock body and the top of the shock rod end. Any more travel than this with the standard kit shock positions could lead to the driveshaft falling out.

Hope this helps

Bullet69
13-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Glenn
Try Frontline Hobbies in Newcastle for the CVDs. They are the Australian HotBodies/HPI importer.

leinad
13-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Hi Glenn,

The Diff Cup Joint Adapter (61333) used with the rear CVDs should do the trick.

panch
13-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Glenn...

Get in contact with the below distributor and they shopuld be able to tell you of a stockist near you :thumbsup:

Australia

Hobbies Australia Pty. Ltd. (http://www.frontlinehobbies.com/)2 Crown StNewcastle, NSW 2300 Australia, Attn: Mr. Colin Scott Telephone: +61 2 4927 5810 email candice@hobbiesaustralia.com.au

Cheers

Lee

Bullet69
14-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Glenn...

Get in contact with the below distributor and they shopuld be able to tell you of a stockist near you :thumbsup:

Australia

Hobbies Australia Pty. Ltd. (http://www.frontlinehobbies.com/)2 Crown StNewcastle, NSW 2300 Australia, Attn: Mr. Colin Scott Telephone: +61 2 4927 5810 email candice@hobbiesaustralia.com.au

Cheers

Lee
Lee
Hobbies Australia are Frontline Hobbies

panch
14-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah I know I just copied the full contact details from the website, If you click on the name it takes you through to Frontlines website :thumbsup:

peanuts6677
15-10-2009, 07:56 AM
G'Day Everyone,

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I checked all shock dimension and it was a touch over 29mm, so i corrected that.
I have put a small washer between the inside bearing and the drive shaft, which closes the gap between the two shafts that are connected by the rear dog bone. I just tested it (on wet concrete!! :thumbsup:w00t!!! circle work!) and its runs like a dream. The saft isn't poping out anymore, even after it ended up on its lid.

I will investigate getting rear CVDs eventually.

thanks again for your help

Cheers
Glenn