PDA

View Full Version : Poll for Sunday Racing Time

dayxwalker
14-10-2009, 08:02 PM
I know right now the only option is 10-3pm and for the sake of the club it has to be accepted regardless of this poll. The purpose of the poll is to gage the preferred time that the racers want and that the club should work for long term

jc79
14-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I know right now the only option is 10-3pm and for the sake of the club it has to be accepted regardless of this poll. The purpose of the poll is to gage the preferred time that the racers want and that the club should work for long term

middle time is the best time. Reason: neil can get there afta a drink we can race and still have some day left to have a sunday dinner, see the family, & neil can top him self up & have a drink later on:thumbsup:

turbo_brick
14-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I should have voted mornings or nights at Seaham, WHY?? because as I stated last night before it's even discussed further there needs to be someone else volunteer to do the following which would save me a lot of MY time and energy, I could then choose if I wanted to be there

Be a committee member on the management committee, becoming a key holder
Attend every week
Organise every meeting
Attend monthly management committee meetings

So from the poll I am now assuming this person has volunteered to run at the other times because I can't as it's now being discussed further???? Can the person contact me BEFORE midday tomorrow to arrange collecting the lettings form so they can be taken to Seaham and the booking made with them agreeing to join the management committee and being there for race meetings. This booking will be on a yearly basis apart from agreed specific events previously agreed and I am not willing to sign a form for 10-3pm if that isn't what people want. The keys we will hold are not to a small cupboard of a school but to a premises containing goods of a much higher value, so keys can not be cut or passed around like they were for Jarrow.

Sunday's aren't great for me, I holiday during summer months and will now have to arrange my holidays with my family around the club???? Would anyone else do that???? Well at the minute due to the ignorance shown around what was involved JUST to secure this inconvnience to myself I am really tempted not to bother. For over a year we have looked for a venue we can afford and that is large enough, even more so over the last few months. I say we that is myself and my partner, I know a few others have looked without success. Noone else has brought a suggestion of a venue they have found which can accommodate us at a price we can afford on any other days/times............do you actually realise what went into finding this venue and how little was available to us?

It would not be 5-9pm, you're looking closer to 6pm at least for the Jazz band to be out, sometimes they run until later if there is an event coming up. The person who has volunteered would have to discuss these times further tomorrow with the management.

8am should be fine but I am doubtful anyone who doesn't live down the road will be able to make it or would want to.

Just so you know where I am with this, looking forward to someone stepping up before midday tomorrow to save me a lot of time/effort to run this club 10-3pm every Sunday.

Please also keep in mind the effect these types of negative comments towards what has been organised is having on members, prospective members and the club. People need to know where they are at or they will stop bothering.

baD
14-10-2009, 11:14 PM
I haven't voted here - it's for members isn't it.
But the answer is a no brainer, if you take the 'Club' viewpoint.

Forget the individual question of who likes to race when, at the moment.
Think of:-

what time period is the club most likely to get new members?

What times will bring dad's with kids who are bored at the weekend?

What times will suit the poor sods who have to turn up 52+ times a year to open up or lock up? ( I know, I have been that sod for more years than I care to remember)

Like the man says above, doesn't look like you can get members to visit a management meeting 12 times a year, so you'll struggle to get 52 early Sunday breakfasts or 52 late night lock ups - so a civilised 10 till 3 has to be the winner if you want to give the club the best chance of survival and growth over the next year plus.

signed by an interested potential member

dayxwalker
15-10-2009, 05:07 AM
So how on earth have you took this as a negative post ? It was mean as a constructive post and has done just that by showing you that the most want 10 till 3 !

Like I said in the first post it is a no branier that we have to go with 10 till 3 !

nobby
15-10-2009, 08:46 AM
like I said in the first post it is a no branier that we have to go with 10 till 3 !
so why bother putting a post like this up in the first place:confused:

dayxwalker
15-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Well if people bother to READ the post in the first place you will see why I posted it !
It was to see what people PREFERED and that if people wanted another time the club could push for it in the future ? Is that so hard to understand ?

It appears if you are not in the commitee then you have to keep your mouth shut

in future I am saying nothing an I will just turn up like may others

turbo_brick
15-10-2009, 10:36 AM
No Tim as was said on Tuesday if you want a different time, come and pick the forms up and sign them, it'll make my life a lot easier.

I'd rather just be able like everyone else to decide on a saturday if I would like to go racing, wether at bury, worksop, batley, robinhood raceway, not be stuck having to get up after work and go and open a hall for others to race.

As for if your not on the committee just keep your mouth shut, you were asked blatently by me if you were going to join the committee and put some effort in, what was your reply?? If I remember correctly it was a mumbled no then wander off to complain with someone else about the times on a sunday. If you can't be bothered to put the effort in, dont put posts up that annoy others because something doesn't suit you.

Peter

nobby
15-10-2009, 10:38 AM
most people seem quite happy with 10 till 3.
as james chappel said what about people with kids that race 9pm is no good for them.
he wants his son to start racing and one day my son might like to give it a go, but i'm not going to take him racing if it means he's getting home and going to bed after 9pm on a sunday.

i remember when we raced on a sunday at belmont high school the place was packed every sunday with racers, and they started 12 till 5pm.

now what some people who don't like the times set out seem to be saying is we want it this way and if it doesn't suit others tough.
thats not how a club works it's the majority that decide on how the club runs and it looks like they have.

just be grateful that you still have a club to race at and get on with it.

sorry if this upsets anyone but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

dayxwalker
15-10-2009, 10:55 AM
How can asking people what they prefer be Annoying ?

I wasn't trying to sway anyones decision ?

The clubs voice has been heard and 10 till 3 is what the vast majority want so at least we know that 10 till 3 was the right choice ! So this thread was usefull after all or do I live on a different planet ?

Why don't you just delete this thread like that last one I did and be done ?

nobby
15-10-2009, 11:02 AM
chillout dude i'm only saying that i can't see the point in a thread like this if the club have sorted everything out.
in my experience it just makes extra problems that the club could do without.

i find that it's best (if you have any thing positive or negitave to say) say it at a club meeting in front of the club as some people that race at the club may not come on here.

thing you have to remember as some people have said kids are what will keep the club going in the long term so unless you provide somewhere for them to race quite soon you won't have a club at all.

dayxwalker
15-10-2009, 11:07 AM
And I haven't knocked the considerable effort you put in once ? So why attack me ?
As for me being on the commitee I have a very unusual family situation and I am lucky to be racing at all so it's not because I cannot be bothered it's because I cannot

jimmiprice
15-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I think you can race on a Sunday night at Birtley cant you ;)
Seems like the 10 til 3 job suits a lot of people could be getting some Belmont school (circa mid 90's) turnouts sometime soon !!
You back in the game like Chris ?
Jimmi.......

turbo_brick
15-10-2009, 12:30 PM
How can asking people what they prefer be Annoying ?

I wasn't trying to sway anyones decision ?

The clubs voice has been heard and 10 till 3 is what the vast majority want so at least we know that 10 till 3 was the right choice ! So this thread was usefull after all or do I live on a different planet ?

Why don't you just delete this thread like that last one I did and be done ?

The reason people are getting annoyed is simple, it was explained on Tuesday and in person to others I have spoken to over the last couple of weeks why the time was chosen, basically it boils down to no-one will volunteer to be key holder, go to these management meetings and be there every meeting, I'm making a compromise and seriously pissing off my partner and family by doing these jobs and the only time I'm willing is the times above.

Now all this going on about different times wether on a morning night or a different day are fine and dandy but all they make me think is that no-one wants to race on a Sunday afternoon, so why should I bother signing the forms and upsetting my family life for the benefit of others, I've worked the past 2 years to get the club to a position where I can take a step back and let it run itself now I've got to go and do it all again as there was only a couple of people who said they would help me with meetings etc.

If the time doesn't suit everyone I'm sorry but until any member decides that they are going to give up every Sunday and 1 day a month to run the club I'm afraid your stuck with it. Bear in mind if someone is going to do this then it'll have to happen before I sign these forms as from what I remember they are for a year long letting.

Peter

dayxwalker
15-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Yes having a poll and finding out that everyone wants to race at the time you have already organized must be really annoying to everyone. Surely this just backs up that the work you have done was what people wanted.

So you did the right thing and everyone appriates that.

Anyway I have had enough of this thread

damo666
15-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Anyway I have had enough of this thread

So have I :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

N7ELA
15-10-2009, 03:52 PM
middle time is the best time. Reason: neil can get there afta a drink we can race and still have some day left to have a sunday dinner, see the family, & neil can top him self up & have a drink later on:thumbsup:

Nice one james you've just saved me posting a comment... :thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing
15-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Seems like the 10 til 3 job suits a lot of people could be getting some Belmont school (circa mid 90's) turnouts sometime soon !!

I remember those days well :thumbsup:

chris68nufc
19-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Im out of the running then. Gutted. Looks like i will maybe see you all at Worksop or Nationals next year.
Sometimes this car racing really gets out of hand. If you say anything that you think then you get slammed. Im sick of hearing the same people complaining about people complaining. I used to have a right laugh at Jarrow. It will be missed from my point of view. Laters!!

dpackster1980
19-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I reckon it's going to be mint, just like the good old Belmont days.

All the lads from Teeside can dust off their buggies and we'll see over 30 drivers easy as long as people put the toys back in the pram.

The venue is mint people need to stop bitchin on about it, you are not going to come across a venue as good or as cheap as this in a hurry.

If more people put as much effort into moaning on and turned up to help move the stuff instead I'd be a lot happier.

Sorry to turn on my fellow racers but all the people that were at work and couldn't make it to help that's fine but all those people who didn't turn up out of spite and obivously don't give a toss about the clubs future keep your opinion to yourself.

I'm in agony and not in a good mood my knees are killing me and I turned up to help judging by the half arsed effort by people to make an appearance I really wish I hadn't!!!!

Cheers!!

turbo_brick
19-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Well said Pack....what sensible sweets have you been sucking on? I am pleased you were there :) does that count haha I was supposed to be away at the caravan myself but stayed to support my partner & my son at the club, ended up feeling similar agony due to lack of enough people to help I was also having to shift stuff. I was quite disappointed with the lack of turn out but you can't force people to support it & if they don't want to race anymore at the club at all then I can understand why they were not there. I know some were working & did contact to say they would help after/if they could I know Neil was one so thanks I know you would have been there if you could.

It's a shame for those who don't want to be part of this, like I keep saying to Peter he can't please everyone so stop trying to. I agree venue wise there wasn't anything the same size or like this when it comes to facilities under £25 per hour.

The evening option also went out of the window yesterday when the Jazz band said they run until at least 6pm (then clearing away,it took them nearly an hour to set up) apart from odd carnival events. So it can be removed from this poll to be honest as it's a no go. As for 8am well I know some for big events but everyone I have spoke to said week after week no chance they would get up.

Hopefully this thread will now also be a no go and the new club will be successful.....if it's not we'll get our Sundays back hehe....just kidding after the work we've put in you all know I say that knowing I'd hate it to fold. Proud of what has been built from virtually nothing when Pete, Harvey & Ian took the failing club on 2 years ago.

Look forward to seeing those who do want to go when I am there

(mrs) turbo_brick

PS Don't mess the cupboard up!!!! Please ;)
PPS Pugs and Shifta you have no hope in me making bacon sandwiches never mind the Sunday lunches! :p

chrispattinson
21-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Just logged on ... belated note for not being there Sunday... away in new caravan :thumbsup:

I dont think it's right having a go at people Mr Pack... it is voluntary. Thats like saying to you, I cant believe you didnt turn up to help put the track out when you were on honeymoon!

Wont be there this week either as away again... its getting addictive this caravanning lark! Probably see you lot mid November for a Seaham debut.

pugs
21-10-2009, 02:05 PM
PPS Pugs and Shifta you have no hope in me making bacon sandwiches never mind the Sunday lunches!(quote)

you know you want to really:thumbsup: