PDA

View Full Version : B4FT - Any essential extra's?

DaveG28
15-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Guys are there any must have hopups for this car? I've heard mention of plastic chassis, I know the shocks aren't the best, and I know there's brass bits but how much difference does all that stuff make? Eg I guess lead is a messier but effective alternative to all the lovely brass?

Also, any rumours going round of an imminent B5? Just wondered as can't find anywhere in the USA with the B4FT in stock?

sosidge
15-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Guys are there any must have hopups for this car? I've heard mention of plastic chassis, I know the shocks aren't the best, and I know there's brass bits but how much difference does all that stuff make? Eg I guess lead is a messier but effective alternative to all the lovely brass?

Also, any rumours going round of an imminent B5? Just wondered as can't find anywhere in the USA with the B4FT in stock?

- Car is very nearly sorted from the box. You'll need different springs (blue/silver front, silver/grey rear is what I tend to use, running multisurface indoors) and 30 degree caster blocks (short black ballstuds for the steering rack solve the bumpsteer if it bothers you).

- Plastic chassis is included in all new "black box" aka "Cragg" kits.

- Shocks are great.

- Personally speaking I don't use any ballast, having tried a bit here and there with no benefit (but I am still using NiMH).

- No point in buying a B4 abroad as they are very competetively priced in the UK. Mine came in at around £175 posted from M-K Racing.

- No idea about a B5. But I doubt the B4 will become uncompetitive or unsupported overnight.

DaveG28
15-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Cheers for the info, couple of other quick questions:

1. How long is the battery box, does it have a foam pad etc, as I use saddle lipo's so overall length is a little longer than nimh/stick lipo?

2. What esc do you use and how much spare height for it is there? Trying to guage highest esc I could run!

Rich D
15-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Dave

Most run an ESC with the fan removed, battery "box" is about 140mm long.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/DSCN1025.jpg

Rich :)

Rich D
15-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Oh and yes, it comes with a foam pad. Theres only about 3mm of movement with my lrp 5300 40c stick pack though

Spencer Mulcahy
16-10-2009, 10:26 AM
If you want to run a fan on the speedo I run the proline vortex (i think that is what its called) body it has bulges in the side pods for the fan to fit.

Richard Lowe
16-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Or a JC Illuzion Hi-Flow shell ;)

DaveG28
17-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Or a JC Illuzion Hi-Flow shell ;)

Where are they available Rich? Sounds like a good solution!

GRIFF55
17-10-2009, 07:41 PM
here you go Dave mate:thumbsup:
http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_info.php?cPath=10_213&products_id=5144&<osCsid>