PDA

View Full Version : trasmitter's

greeny
17-04-2007, 08:48 PM
hi all, looking for a knew tranny preferably pistol but i may consider sticks!!

which one?????????? lol all comments

jordan

ashleyb4
17-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Price range???

What sort of feature level you want???

The best of the best

A good transmiter with good features but a good price

or cheap and chearfull.

A

greeny
17-04-2007, 09:06 PM
lol, well no price range preferably best of best.

thanx jordan

k£v!n
17-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Specktrum!

Its the way to go, no more crystals, no interferance!

However they are a little pricey!

Kev

greeny
17-04-2007, 09:18 PM
i did think of them!!!

but i also thouht about the KO PROPO HELIOS with specktrum module and reciever.

jordan

hickston
17-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm no expert, but a few things to consider

Spektrum is great for me, but my dad has had a nightmare. Either he's had faulty equipement to start with or (and this may be fact or fiction), the static caused by the carpet for touring cars is causing all sorts of trouble. He's been advised to fit a capacitor or something to help sort it (you need more advice here I guess)

Plenty of sets for 40 & 27 mhz, so I guess you want features really. I cant fault the ko esprit ii type r, but something else I heard is that some/alot of the top drivers are going back to 27mhz because everyone else is going spektrum/40mhz. (less people on 27mhz = less chance of interferance??). The new KO universe 3 is 27mhz i think...sticks though

Southwell
17-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I love my futaba 3VC (stick), it's good for people with big hands as it's thicker than the Esprit's.

jimmy
17-04-2007, 09:51 PM
For a steerwheel You can't really get better than the Sanwa M11. The Futaba 3PK is very good, but the M11 edges it out. I own both.

The KO in comparison is clearly made to appeal to the less sophisticated user - in other words, its a bit cheezy. :D It also feels cheap and nasty when compared to the two I mentioned.

Funkymojo
17-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Currently i'm using the latest Ko Propo Espirit III Universe stick tx..it feels good in the hands, next tx i'm gonna get is gonna be the latest stick tx by Sanwa...the Exzes Plus...been using stick tx since the late 1980s...don't really feel comfortable with pistol tx...

greeny
18-04-2007, 02:40 PM
well im more edging towards a wheel, but i need something with a long distance because i race off road at the coastal model car lcub track and they have recently adding a bit onto the track which makes it very long way away!!! im currently using a SANWA GEMINI 2. and i have problems with it losing the signal at the top part of the track!!tried different recievers and it doesnt work so i need something with POWER lol.

thanx jordan

jimmy
18-04-2007, 02:51 PM
I wonder if that is maybe down to something other than just the transmitter? like your setup / xtals / where the receiver is located etc? I've controlled cars from absolutely miles away before (ok, not miles) with various cheap transmitters.

TRF_Tastic
18-04-2007, 03:13 PM
but something else I heard is that some/alot of the top drivers are going back to 27mhz because everyone else is going spektrum/40mhz. (less people on 27mhz = less chance of interferance??). The new KO universe 3 is 27mhz i think...sticks though

Err dont think so,as 27mhz will soon be phased out, in favour of the more useable 40mhz and 2.4Ghz frquency ranges, this is to give CB radio domination of this frequency band which it shares with surface RC at the moment.

Also the new KO is 40Mhz FM.

hickston
18-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Not gonna dispute what you say TRF cos I really dont know, I took the 27Mhz from the KO site though....does that mean I read it wrong?

http://www.kopropo.com/Esprit3_Universe.htm

Esprit III Universe Tx/Rx (KR-302FS) FM 27MHz # 80301

greeny
18-04-2007, 03:40 PM
well its in a losi xxx-ke in the normalplace that everyone puts theres and i did change the crystals and it did make a difference but stil not enough!!

jordan

Lee Martin
18-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Airtronics/Sanwa M11!!!!!!!

the only Transmitter to have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeilD
18-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Not gonna dispute what you say TRF cos I really dont know, I took the 27Mhz from the KO site though....does that mean I read it wrong?

http://www.kopropo.com/Esprit3_Universe.htm

Esprit III Universe Tx/Rx (KR-302FS) FM 27MHz # 80301

The UK version is 40Mhz. I've had mine pre ordered for months, they should be here by the end of this month but i was told that last month.:wtf:

jcb
18-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Coastals track isn't that big even with the propsed extention it is smaller than most of national tracks throughout the country.

I did have problems with range using the 6volt servos, but I bought one of them diode things that spektrum make to plug into your receiver. They are only about a fiver so it may be worth a try as it's a lot cheaper than a whole new radio system.

Otherwise I like my Futaba 3vcs, has everything you could ever want and is super easy to use.

greeny
18-04-2007, 04:40 PM
have you actually seen it?? it was knew for sunday just gone!!!!

thanx jordan

where do i get one of these from

greeny
18-04-2007, 04:44 PM
is it one of those spektrum voltage protecters or something on microtech racing for a fiver

thanx jordan

jcb
18-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Went to Coastal a couple of times over winter and got told about the proposed extension over the ditch. Haven't yet seen it in person, but it could make a good track into a great track!!

It is a voltage protector, same as the one at the bottom of the link
http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/SurfaceProducts.aspx

Got mine from Kellers in Norwich, but any decent model shop could get you one.

greeny
18-04-2007, 05:35 PM
and this can be used on my 40mhz fm reciever yes?? lol i may get one!!

thanx jordan

jcb
18-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, you just plug them into an open channel and it helps to boost the power when needed.