PDA

View Full Version : Which type of foam insert suitable for Batley track?

Gamerwillz
20-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm getting mini spike (yellow) tyres for my new B4. There are choices of different types of foam inserts I can choose from - Soft, medium or hard. Which one would you recommend?

Mike Hudson
20-10-2009, 10:34 PM
medium front and rear :) thats what the majority run but some do prefer the hard inserts...

Oscar
21-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm getting mini spike (yellow) tyres for my new B4. There are choices of different types of foam inserts I can choose from - Soft, medium or hard. Which one would you recommend?

Medium should be fine. Remember when ordering your tyres, all 2wd cars use SLIM fronts, if you order just fronts they will send you the 4wd ones;)

spenner
21-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Panic RC do 10th Off Road foams, they are the standard firm rear foams. But the front's are slightly firmer.
This reduces the front end of the car bouncing around. They are also ok to be put in acetone (when you remove the tyres)

These are the same foams Ellis Stafford and Kevin Lee use, and they will also be releasing the all new memory foams!!!!

You can purchase them from www.theraceplace.co.uk (http://www.theraceplace.co.uk)..
You will also find they are bit cheaper then most other makes too.

Hope this helps

Oscar
21-10-2009, 06:07 PM
This is very close to blatant advertising, genuine advice only please, By all means post "I use XXXXXX and find they really work well", perhaps without the links to shops;)

Gamerwillz
23-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Thanks for responses guys ;)

Just ordered some medium inserts from Modelsport UK :woot: