PDA

View Full Version : EPR Winter Warmer RD2 - 1st November

HKP
22-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Hullo,

The next winter warmer is not far away.. Who's coming?

No snow is forecast!

Subject to approval/numbers, we will be running 2WD, 4WD and Short Course trucks! :wub

justaddmud
22-10-2009, 12:25 PM
whats the specs for the shortcorse trucks, me and my buddy steve both have stock slashes and really want to race somewhere

MattADH
22-10-2009, 12:58 PM
We allow all types of truck to run in the SC class including stadium truck so we can get as many out there as possible. Some of the SC10s are closer to standard whilst others are very modified....

I hope this doesnt put you off - please ask if you have any more questions!

niggs98
22-10-2009, 01:03 PM
will be there, hopefully will bring emma as well

mw02veg
22-10-2009, 01:41 PM
ill be there running 4wd :D the old boy will be back of his holidays showing off his tan no doubt :lol:

David Church
22-10-2009, 04:30 PM
I believe we will be having staggered starts at this meeting, and also the seeding will be much better. The guys that run the meetings had there hands full at round 1 with so many drivers and our new timing system and they did a great job!!!:thumbsup:

A few people had said they would prefer line starts so it looks like we will give it a try!!!!

EPR are victims of their own success, with over 70 drivers in round 1, lets see the same sort of numbers for round 2!!!:thumbsup:

cwilson
22-10-2009, 06:06 PM
i will be there only i wont be both classes like idid at west kent two weeks ago. i kind of broke the chassis of the truck last saturday and with it being a rare truck it may stay that way for a while because of finding parts. but who knows i may have it fixed so it may be there it may not. it is certain that i will be there though.

MattADH
22-10-2009, 06:36 PM
i will be there only i wont be both classes like idid at west kent two weeks ago. i kind of broke the chassis of the truck last saturday and with it being a rare truck it may stay that way for a while because of finding parts. but who knows i may have it fixed so it may be there it may not. it is certain that i will be there though.

That's a shame for the other truck drivers ;)

MattADH
22-10-2009, 06:44 PM
I believe we will be having staggered starts at this meeting, and also the seeding will be much better.

As it took over an hour of booking people in and adding PT numbers, etc, it will be a much smoother process next time. This is one of the reasons for asking for details up front, even if drivers are not fully committed to coming at the time.

With PT numbers loaded, I can check that everything is working correctly and no random numbers are showing whilst you lot are practicing.

We appear to be suffering with our new secondhand handouts batteries giving up totally so we hope to borrow a bank of 20 for the weekend to cover us - in the meantime, I am looking into our options for repairs/replacements, etc. This should hopefully mean even fewer missed laps and failed handouts.

One thing I would like uou to do is cross the loop before the race to make sure your handout or PT is working and we have a good signal. In the US, they get the drivers to "check in" for the same reason.

MattADH
27-10-2009, 08:29 AM
We will be running a tight schedule this Sunday as the days are shorter and it gets darker earlier.

I have discussed it with Steve to try and start promptly at 10am so practice will stop at 9.40am followed by a quick drivers brieifing and on to the qualifying.

There will be four rounds of qualifying and hopefully, seven minute finals as this worked well last time round and everyone liked it. Qualifying will be using staggered starts with a laptop on the rostrum for everyone to see the starting order.

In order for it all to run sweetly, please get out to marshal quickly so that the turnaround between heats is efficient. This means no going back to the pits and no chatting to your mate about how good or bad your run was. Also, even if you cant make your race, you still have to marshal. Out PA system is effective but its not nice having to use it to chase drivers and marshals in the pits.

Any questions, please ask.

MattADH
28-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Due to a number of battery failures with our handout transponders, the Faversham club have kindly lent us their set to use.
Of course we would like all the drivers using handouts to treat them with the greatest respect and fit them securely - just like you should do with the EPR ones!

One aspect though that must be adhgered to is that Faversham has requested that their transponders are only fitted inside the body and not to rear wings! We will be strict on this as without their support, we would be in trouble.

Thanks

Trish
28-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Thankyou Favershame Club, Its nice to have the support! :thumbsup:

David Church
28-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes thanks very much!!!!

I would like to see everyone go to PT's:thumbsup:

DomRC
29-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Just seen the weather for Sunday- looks like we'll be better off racing boats!:woot:

savageman25
30-10-2009, 12:18 AM
That's a shame for the other truck drivers ;)
shame that he broke his truck......or that he's definately going to be there?:woot:
sorry couldnt resist matt, ill go back to being invisible............:D

MattADH
30-10-2009, 07:20 AM
shame that he broke his truck......or that he's definately going to be there?:woot:
sorry couldnt resist matt, ill go back to being invisible............:D

This is Charles we are talking about - do I really need to explain?

savageman25
30-10-2009, 11:07 PM
This is Charles we are talking about - do I really need to explain?
good point, but then im one to talk arnt i,well theres an example of me from what i just wrote,taking the p*** out of myself:confused::confused:
And im a banger driver..........self explanotory.

DomRC
02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Shame it didn't go to plan yesterday :( and I hope everyone was able to drive out of the field ok!

Question to the EPR officionados - is there a plan to find another weekend in Nov / Dec to replace this one? :thumbsup:

DaSloth
02-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Hope so then i can come down and have a play :)

DaSloth
02-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Due to a number of battery failures with our handout transponders, the Faversham club have kindly lent us their set to use.
Of course we would like all the drivers using handouts to treat them with the greatest respect and fit them securely - just like you should do with the EPR ones!

One aspect though that must be adhgered to is that Faversham has requested that their transponders are only fitted inside the body and not to rear wings! We will be strict on this as without their support, we would be in trouble.

Thanks

We just had a load of our transonder's batteries die. We got one of our guys at the club to replace the batteries (as we didnt fancy the £80/ transpoder charge) and he did all ten for £18.

He said it was a bit of a pain in the arse to get the batteries out fo the epoxy they are surrounded in, but after that its no hassle at all.

I can ask him for a small guide if you want and what batteries he used...

MattADH
02-11-2009, 01:45 PM
We just had a load of our transonder's batteries die. We got one of our guys at the club to replace the batteries (as we didnt fancy the £80/ transpoder charge) and he did all ten for £18.

He said it was a bit of a pain in the arse to get the batteries out fo the epoxy they are surrounded in, but after that its no hassle at all.

I can ask him for a small guide if you want and what batteries he used...

Would be great to get his experience for other users requiring help. Fortunately the Faversham club are again coming to our aid as Jon there is kindly going to replace all 20 batteries in ours after he has done his own.

MattADH
02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Shame it didn't go to plan yesterday :( and I hope everyone was able to drive out of the field ok!

Question to the EPR officionados - is there a plan to find another weekend in Nov / Dec to replace this one? :thumbsup:

At present, what with other club dates and other commitments, I doubt that we will be re-running. Next meeting therefore is 6 December I am afraid.

cwilson
02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
it a shame that the meeting got called off. oh well it will give me and steve a chance to get a truck up and running for the next one. i know this probably been asked already but is there going to be a another meeting later on in the series to replace this one? maybe in april?

David Church
02-11-2009, 06:43 PM
it a shame that the meeting got called off. oh well it will give me and steve a chance to get a truck up and running for the next one. i know this probably been asked already but is there going to be a another meeting later on in the series to replace this one? maybe in april?

Do you even read what other people post in this section? :confused:
Look at the replys before yours, it's all there dood:p

brookie
02-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Do you even read what other people post in this section? :confused:
Look at the replys before yours, it's all there dood:p

Doesn't even read what he writes himself let alone what anybody else writes!

And as for this:
'oh well it will give me and steve a chance to get a truck up and running'
if only, would read more accurately if you ignore the word 'me'!
And you know the terms Charles before it gets anywhere near the track!

savageman25
02-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Doesn't even read what he writes himself let alone what anybody else writes!

And as for this:
'oh well it will give me and steve a chance to get a truck up and running'
if only, would read more accurately if you ignore the word 'me'!
And you know the terms Charles before it gets anywhere near the track!
Nevermind him not reading what he writes, he doesnt even remember what hes doing on that day, he said he wants to race wimbledon bangers on the 6th december, might be worth watching him try and be in 2 place's at once though:p

brookie
03-11-2009, 12:43 AM
I know where I'd prefer him to be:-)

cwilson
03-11-2009, 10:46 AM
i didnt relise it was on the same day. i guess it depends on wether i get a car for that meeting

savageman25
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I know where I'd prefer him to be:-)
ahh poor charles, its like take the p*** out of charles week, charles if your reading this and you have any comments or views on this, please feel free too keep them to yourself lol:thumbsup::thumbsup: