PDA

View Full Version : We now have 22 track layouts to choose from...

bedsrcmcc
22-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Been busy drawing up some new layouts for us to try out :thumbsup:

Well actually there are 11 layouts, but by flipping them all we now have 22 different layouts to choose from. Obviously flipping track layout 8 which will be used this week (oval) didn't make much of a difference :blush:

So I've created another fairly simple layout we can maybe use at the Christmas meeting for the caravan racing as we'll probably need some space for that one :cry:

Over the coming weeks I'll put all layouts on the website here:

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/tracks.php

...and of course as we race them I'll try and remember to photograph them and update the page to suit.

At least 22 should keep us going for 2010... :woot:

bedsrcmcc
25-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Just to let you know I've added all the track layouts onto the site now:

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/tracks.php

As we race on the tracks and I photograph them, then I'll be upadting the page with the necessary images. This week (Monday 26 October) we shall be running the oval - track 8 :thumbsup:

clk-racing
28-10-2009, 02:06 PM
track 18 looks like fun:thumbsup:

hashiriya
28-10-2009, 02:17 PM
11 and 12 look most interesting to me:thumbsup:

Smartalec
28-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Even more tracks to choose from if you allow 1/10th buggies and 1/18th micro's :thumbsup:

bedsrcmcc
28-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Even more tracks to choose from if you allow 1/10th buggies and 1/18th micro's :thumbsup:

1:10 buggies will be run on our brand new custom-built off-road track next year, it's going to be huge, potentially a start-finish straight longer than 50m!! :woot:

The club are discussing the merits of introducing the 1:18 scale next year as a great and cheap way to get new people interested in racing, plus for those who already race with us who want to run two cars each race meeting indoors.

The 1:18 will race on the same tracks at the 1:10 on a race evening, but we could see heats of 10+ cars :) but we need to get the I-Lap system up and running first for that...

CYCLONE-JOE
28-10-2009, 05:14 PM
do you have any idea when next year it will be ready to race ?

bedsrcmcc
28-10-2009, 06:14 PM
do you have any idea when next year it will be ready to race ?

I'm guessing you mean the off-road track.

Well first of all, we need to get planning permission and we are looking to submit plans shortly to the necessary local bodies. As to how long the process takes I'm not sure. We have to do this the proper way to ensure everything is all above board, that way no little busy-body can moan to the council about what we are doing...

If you have any ideas for track layouts for the off-road track, please draw them up and post them here or hand them over to us at the next club meeting.

I know I've got loads of ideas, but it would be good to hear from you all as to what you would be looking for in an off-road track

hashiriya
29-10-2009, 10:08 AM
The Off road track sounds like fun. My racing started with off road buggies at Bury Buggy Club with their Mildenhall track.

Any ideas on what surface you will be running on and what kind of landscaping you will be able to do? I may just submit a track layout suggestion if you can give me a rough dimension of the track size. I know you said the straight would be some 50 metres long but wondered about width

bedsrcmcc
29-10-2009, 12:45 PM
The Off road track sounds like fun. My racing started with off road buggies at Bury Buggy Club with their Mildenhall track.

Any ideas on what surface you will be running on and what kind of landscaping you will be able to do? I may just submit a track layout suggestion if you can give me a rough dimension of the track size. I know you said the straight would be some 50 metres long but wondered about width

I think it's fair to say that there is not real limit, the land is huge (speak with Russell). We will certainly have access to a JCB or similar to landscape the whole track so let your imagination run wild...

I personally like the idea of a cross over - having a table top with the track turning around to come back under the table top - positioned correctly for the rostrum there should be no problems for drivers to see where they are going... :woot:

hashiriya
29-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I think a cross over is potentially difficult to manage in the sense that if you are struggling with corner cutting now at Bromham, it'll double if people can jump off a table top and cut a portion of the track too.

I would definately suggest an island style design which would allow for multiple track layouts on the one track.

The other thing to consider is that if the track is designed and built to BRCA national regs, then the opportunities are there for the future. The BRCA state that a 1/10 off road track must be at least 3 metres wide so thats a good starting point to work to. If you have the space I'd say 4 metres is a good size.