PDA

View Full Version : B4 - doubt

Bruno Carmo
25-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Hello from Portugal. I own a FT B4 and I am very happy with the car. It seems very strong, easy to tune and very competitive.

I would take some doubts:

I like to have a quick steering, so would like to have a better servo. What is the servo counseling for this model? a fast servo?

Another thing is that I have seen many parts for the B4 in aluminum. What are the essential parts to find useful in aluminum?

In relation to the weight of the car, someone has some suggestions on where to put the weights for better performance of the car?

I have read some articles about that, but I prefer practical reviews on the subject. I personally chose to 10g in front of the car, 20g center in support of battery and 10g of each side along the edge of the chassis on the front.

Finally, I would like to know if anyone was a file guide to choose pinion, gears depending on the lipo and motor to use for the B4?

thanks

ps: sorry for my bad english ;)

sosidge
25-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Hello from Portugal. I own a FT B4 and I am very happy with the car. It seems very strong, easy to tune and very competitive.

I would take some doubts:

I like to have a quick steering, so would like to have a better servo. What is the servo counseling for this model? a fast servo?

Look for a speed of around 0.10s/60deg or faster. Torque in a 2wd is not so critical. Try and buy a quality Japanese brand like Futaba, KO or Sanwa. These servos are a good investment and will last many years. Personally I run a Futaba S9451.

Another thing is that I have seen many parts for the B4 in aluminum. What are the essential parts to find useful in aluminum?

None. The FT kit has all the aluminium parts you need.

In relation to the weight of the car, someone has some suggestions on where to put the weights for better performance of the car?

I have read some articles about that, but I prefer practical reviews on the subject. I personally chose to 10g in front of the car, 20g center in support of battery and 10g of each side along the edge of the chassis on the front.

You will get a variety of answers on this. Personally I still run NiMH in the car(albeit maybe not for much longer :woot:) and run no ballast at all. I tried some ballast and saw no improvement. Top UK drivers seem to run a lot of ballast all round the car, the new US setups are without ballast, running the car at minimum legal weight.

Finally, I would like to know if anyone was a file guide to choose pinion, gears depending on the lipo and motor to use for the B4?

Sorry, I have no experience with brushless in the B4 either. All I know is that 7.5 seems to be the hottest motor anyone runs now.

thanks

ps: sorry for my bad english ;)

Your English is very good!

stampede vxlboy
25-10-2009, 09:07 PM
i use a 5.5 turn in my b4

Alex H
25-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I can recommend a 8.5 or 7.5 brushless and pinions from 21-24 (depending on track size/conditions) when used together with a 78t spur. Stock spur is 81T.

Alex H
25-10-2009, 09:14 PM
i use a 5.5 turn in my b4

I was faster with my 8.5 than myself when I ran 5.5. Laptimes that is. Much more control with a higher turn. Not so much with a low turn motor.

stampede vxlboy
25-10-2009, 09:25 PM
can you use a 76 or 78 spur gear with a 5.5turn motor what size pinion would you use

Alex H
25-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Not recommended because the smallest pinion that would fit with a 78 spur is 20 I believe. I used if I remember correctly something more like 19/81.

stampede vxlboy
25-10-2009, 10:05 PM
i am running 5.5 or 8.5turn with 20pinion with a 81spur can i use a 78spur with the 8,5motor

Alex H
25-10-2009, 11:09 PM
22-24/78 8.5t

stampede vxlboy
25-10-2009, 11:19 PM
thanks mate

Bruno Carmo
26-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Thank you all for your answers, especially sosidge for his detailed response!

In my first race I ran with a 9.5 T engine and a 26T pinion, spur (81t) ...

Yesterday I practice a little more for the last race and tested a 7.5 T engine (evo3) .. I liked the torque of the engine, there must be a new "habit" to drive the car, but it was nice ...

The track is not very long, but the jumps had to be made very accurately, so, my opting goes to this 7.5 T to get jumps made always well ... I used a 24T pinion ...

The change I made so far in my B4 and it seemed the right option were the RPM Rod Ends, I had very good feedback from them ...