PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5

Spoolio
06-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Confused.com or what? Read last week that release date was now set for March 2010 and took it with a pinch of salt as release has always been about 6 months away for the last 2 years:(. Went into PC World today and they've got a "pre-order for £10 - due 4th Dec 2009" GT5 display stand out but none of the staff really know whats what. Anybody have a clue :eh?:?

Marvin
06-11-2009, 10:04 PM
It's March. December 4th was the last projected release date before the March 2010 one.

I so hope I'm wrong! Can't wait for GT5 to come out, I even bought a Logitech G25 just for it!

traffman
07-11-2009, 12:13 AM
You bought a logitech just for it !

I bought a playstation 3 just for it !

telboy
10-11-2009, 11:32 PM
All the catalogues have it as available dec 4th.
All those people that have ordered it from catalogues are going to p***ed then!!

Its getting beyond a joke now. I can see it NEVER being released on PS3. And being saved for PS4 (whch if rumours have it, isn't that far off!).
So all those of us that bought PS3, hoping to play GT5 on it are not going to be happy when we're told that our PS3 was a pointless purchase, and that we now have to go and buy a PS4!:mad:

Rumours on the playstation forums say that all the PS3 was, was a tester for the PS4, to see if people would buy it rather than the Xboxdue to its superior power.
Thats not going to be a good move from Sony if it was.

Marvin
10-11-2009, 11:39 PM
In fairness, they are just rumours, conjured up by some Xbox fan person to get people panicking.

Of course it'll come out on the PS3. Just be prepared to wait a while longer. Or, just buy the real car and do track days! With all the money that you could save between now and when it actually comes out, this is possible!

Southwell
11-11-2009, 12:06 AM
There is at least another 2-3 years left in the PS3, it will be out on the PS3.

Robbiejuk
11-11-2009, 12:53 PM
This was the same situation with GT4 and GT3 though, Release dates being moved further and further back, but when they came out they were well worth the wait. Still plenty to do on prologue for me anyways :thumbsup:

telboy
11-11-2009, 08:47 PM
See, prologue is all finished for me. Done all the challenges etc.
Just playing on the online games now, but get bored quite quickly.:(

raretomo
15-11-2009, 08:18 PM
You bought a logitech just for it !

I bought a playstation 3 just for it !

lol same here!

jenski
26-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I was in game the other week and they have it down as September 2010.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:: thumbdown:

cjm_2008
27-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I'll come out and say it: forza 3 on the xbox is better than any installment of the GT series - and it's probably better than GT5, whenever that arrives. :lol:

ryanlownie
27-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Yep that's true. I bought a PS3 with the impression that Prologue was going to be an incredible racing game but it just isn't, sold it very quickly. I'm sorry guys but if you can't agree Forza 3 is better then something's gone wrong....

jenski
27-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll come out and say it: forza 3 on the xbox is better than any installment of the GT series - and it's probably better than GT5, whenever that arrives. :lol:

Thats was the only sticking point when I went from an Xbox to a PS3. I just didn't want to wait for the dreaded ring of Death to strike :lol::lol::lol:

Marvin
27-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I still disagree. Like anything, it is mainly down to personal preferance, but I think that GT is more realistic, more fun and is not full of annoying fan-boys (and people who continually use glitches just to win) that seem to be horribly associated with the Xbox when playing online.

Plus the PS3 failure rate in comparison to the Xbox 360 speaks volumes about product quality.

Oh, and on topic, I heard a small rumour that GT5 will be out a lot earlier than we think (though I highly doubt it).

blue_pinky
27-11-2009, 03:52 PM
The more I read/find out about the full GT5 game, the more I can't wait! It looks ENORMOUS!!! I only hope they don't delay it's release in any way after it's release in Japan as has been suggested...

Only just got my PS3, partly in readiness, and am currentrly working through prologue...which is ok, but not much like the full and finished article is going to be though that's for sure!

Not played Forza, but it does look awesome as well...and it'll certainly be king until GT5 comes out...and then we'll see!

Bungleaio
27-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Whilst waiting for GT5 I have enjoyed playing Forza 2, I am still waiting for GT5 but I'm now enjoying Forza 3.

The PS3 fan boys knocking the xbox are missing out. No doubt GT5 will be amazing but the amount of time it's taken to develop it should be!

littlened
27-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Forza is a proper drivers game man, GT's for kids :lol:

jenski
28-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I am currently working my way through Need for Speed Shift, which is suprisingly good. Realistic driving and much better than most PS3 driving games.

saintnitro
28-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I am currently working my way through Need for Speed Shift, which is suprisingly good. Realistic driving and much better than most PS3 driving games.

here,here i've been a big fan of nfs for a long time since the very first one on the original ps and still got them all and shift is spot on:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cjm_2008
29-11-2009, 11:14 AM
I still disagree. Like anything, it is mainly down to personal preferance, but I think that GT is more realistic, more fun and is not full of annoying fan-boys (and people who continually use glitches just to win) that seem to be horribly associated with the Xbox when playing online.

interesting. last night during an online session I went up against a couple of 'veterans' in the A class and got royally thumped at motegi. their best lap was 15 seconds (!) better than mine... and I came third.

i'm not saying I'm amazing, but 15 seconds per lap? sounds a little suss to me....

raretomo
24-12-2009, 04:57 AM
has anyone managed to buy the Ferrari F1 car on the prologue version? iv unlocked it, but the high price tag means i have to keep repeating races, which gets boring!

Marvin
24-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Yes I did unlock it (I'm sad :woot:), and it's great fun to drive using a steering wheel (mine's this), though I doubt you could be accurate enough with the normal controller to drive it - it is quite a challenge (it's locked on professional mode, and I don't think you are allowed to use any stability controls, or traction control (I never use these anyway, so I only think they are locked out)).

It is good fun though...

5POINTSTAR
12-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes I did unlock it (I'm sad :woot:), and it's great fun to drive using a steering wheel (mine's this (http://mine's this)), though I doubt you could be accurate enough with the normal controller to drive it - it is quite a challenge (it's locked on professional mode, and I don't think you are allowed to use any stability controls, or traction control (I never use these anyway, so I only think they are locked out)).

It is good fun though...
I find the F1 easy to drive with the standard controller. I am horrible with a steering wheel setup because I have been playing the GT series since the PS1..
Sidenote, Forza 3 is an amazing game :o

Pablo668
13-04-2010, 03:45 AM
I am up to the last three races for the S-class stage. Well, the the two high power races and the Ferarri F40 race. I have to buy the F40 yet at any rate so need to do plenty more races befoe I can afford it.
I'm just not good enough to get past even the back markers in the two high power races however.

Sigh.

And I wish they'd hurry up and release the full version.

5POINTSTAR
13-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I am up to the last three races for the S-class stage. Well, the the two high power races and the Ferarri F40 race. I have to buy the F40 yet at any rate so need to do plenty more races befoe I can afford it.
I'm just not good enough to get past even the back markers in the two high power races however.

Sigh.

And I wish they'd hurry up and release the full version.
I heard from my brother late 2010.:mad:

daz
20-08-2010, 09:36 PM
It says on there website that the release date is the 3rd of November, how true is this i dont know.:wtf:

msxmre
23-08-2010, 03:09 AM
According to the recent Gamescom event that was on last week, this is the official date. So looking forward to this game.

telboy
23-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Well according to the powers that be, Nov 2nd is the official date.

SSOOOOOoooooo looking forward to it!
Dynamic lighting going from day to night, lots of nice stuff on it and 3D too.

COOL! Can't wait.:thumbsup:

sime46
23-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Will it always be dark if I race in the evenings then? If it is I may as well find a floodlit meeting like rhr instead. Lol

Cream
23-08-2010, 11:41 AM
It says on there website that the release date is the 3rd of November, how true is this i dont know.:wtf:

Does it say which year ;)

BTW lots of videos here:-
http://www.gamersyde.com/game_1865_en.html

stoff
23-08-2010, 12:08 PM
I had an email about my Pre-Order from Amazon about this. They reckon around the 15th of Nov.

I have it on Pre-Order now for approaching 18 months now haha

daz
16-10-2010, 12:01 PM
GT 5 has been postponed again, until some time before Xmas lol.

paulc
16-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Witch christmas though :lol: