PDA

View Full Version : UK 501X owners please

TRF_Tastic
25-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Guys, I have had an email from a very good UK based shop looking to carry a range of 501 spares. They and I for that matter would like to know roughly how many chassis are currently run in this country, I think that this can only be a good thing for us 501 owners as this will provide us with some valuable UK based support.

If you guys can reply with rough numbers on how many chassis are run in your neck of the woods I would be grateful.

Cheers in advance

Leigh Welch

TRF_Tastic
25-04-2007, 10:13 PM
For Starters....

I know of roughly in the East of England 5 chassis being run.

jimmy
27-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Up here there is me and woody, also can think of three others off the top of my head tho there must be more

GRIFF55
27-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I was the only one at tiverton last sun, but when i did the mid west regional there must have been roughly 4/5 others.
hope this helps

jimmy
27-04-2007, 01:54 PM
There were a few in the mid west when we went there - I saw about 4 or so.

I didn't see any apart from me and woody at the Tiverton National, but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough?:confused:

GRIFF55
27-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Not the national, the summer series. I only got reserve for nationals as i am back to f5 after a ten year layoff!!:(

chrispattinson
27-04-2007, 02:27 PM
From what I saw at the Durham NE regional:

Mike West,
Richard Isherwood,
Duncan Bain,
Another lad from Teesside,
Stephen Kirk??

super__dan
27-04-2007, 02:58 PM
From what I saw at the Durham NE regional:

Mike West,
Richard Isherwood,
Duncan Bain,
Another lad from Teesside,
Stephen Kirk??

I would suspect 3 of those 5 get theirs direct from Tamiya though if you see what I mean ;)

jasonrcb
27-04-2007, 04:10 PM
from the midwest region think there is 5 or 6 cars being used and i know of a couple more who are waiting for theres

BREEZER
07-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Hl, I am considering A501X and would definatly go for one if spares where available from A U/K source. :mad: MARTIN:o

NeilP
24-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks Leigh for starting this thread. Just to let you know we're expecting a shipment of Tamiya TRF501X spares in the next 2-3 weeks. Quantities will be limited initially until we get an idea of which parts are required more than others. We're hoping to get most of the standard parts plus some of the aluminium upgrades.

TRF_Tastic
25-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Neil that sure is good news. I'll be sure to give you a call when Im in need of some spares.

Fiddybux
30-05-2007, 08:53 AM
I've juut bought one and I know of one other person in the NW with one (not including Jimmy of course - and part my bags weren't marked either!)
:eh?:

NeilP
06-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Just to let you know, I've now got some of the parts in stock. Other bits like bodyshells and wings will hopefully be on their way. These are harder to get hold of it seems.

TRF_Tastic
07-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Good Job there Neil. its nice to see that there is some forward thinking model shop owners in the UK that are willing to listen to the racers.

NeilP
08-06-2007, 10:38 PM
I've had a couple of queries about ordering parts. I have a website. I'm not sure whether the rules on this forum allow me to publish the address (I've got in trouble on other forums :( ). So, have a look at my profile.

TRF_Tastic
08-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Neil, offers a class service to his customers, I have been using him for a couple of years now and allways is able to help. Everything is delivered on time and he stocks parts that not many shops in the Uk want to stock so is a gold mine of those hard to place parts.

Take it from me his service is second to none.

AS for the link its posted here, with Jimmys blessing!

http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=42149&postcount=9

scotoap
18-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks Leigh for starting this thread. Just to let you know we're expecting a shipment of Tamiya TRF501X spares in the next 2-3 weeks. Quantities will be limited initially until we get an idea of which parts are required more than others. We're hoping to get most of the standard parts plus some of the aluminium upgrades.

Neil, one of the standard parts that you would have expected at least European or Japanese dealers to stock IMHO is the damper rods and cylinders etc. as the front ones do take the brunt of frontal impacts.
I could not source any except in USA, who say contact the Hobby Co; in the meantime to replace a sheared off front damper rod at the thread I have resorted to using the B4 Associated one (slightly larger diameter but fits) as a mod for now.
The parts I would think for dampers especially the front ones would be in quite good demand, so I'd stock them if I was you M8.
I know of at least 10 501Xs in Scotland central area including mine, so the list is getting bigger and bearing in mind most of the big Tamiya dealers will not be stocking parts for them, only to special order; no good for us that want parts urgently and not just the one or two.
Those of us that race regularly get to know the vulnerable parts and order in twos to sixes at a time, at least I do.
Cheers and let us know what you have, as you get them;) :cool:

scotoap
18-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Guys, I have had an email from a very good UK based shop looking to carry a range of 501 spares. They and I for that matter would like to know roughly how many chassis are currently run in this country, I think that this can only be a good thing for us 501 owners as this will provide us with some valuable UK based support.

If you guys can reply with rough numbers on how many chassis are run in your neck of the woods I would be grateful.

Cheers in advance

Leigh Welch

Leigh, I have updated to Neil the 501Xs in Central Scotland that I know of, for got to update him on the following though;

TRF 415 all models I would estimate in my club alone 6 - 8
TA05-TRF at least 2 (mines got the 3Racing chassis conversion as has a friends)

plus there are those that are always ready to bling their cars with the blue bits from TRF as you would know, and thanks for starting the thread.;)

NeilP
20-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks Scotoap for the update. I'm getting some Yokomo BX4 shock shafts/damper rods as these seem to be a popular upgrade. I'll get some 501X shock cylinders as well.

I've also just got confirmation today of an order that includes some bodyshells, wings and undertrays. These should be with me within the next 10 days. The order also includes shock towers, slipper pads, swing shafts (driveshafts), decals and suspension shafts.

NeilP
20-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks Scotoap for the update. I'm getting some Yokomo BX4 shock shafts/damper rods as these seem to be a popular upgrade. I'll get some 501X shock cylinders as well.

I've also just got confirmation today of an order that includes some bodyshells, wings and undertrays. These should be with me within the next 10 days. The order also includes shock towers, slipper pads, swing shafts (driveshafts), decals and suspension shafts.

TRF_Tastic
20-06-2007, 12:09 PM
That will be good, there seems to be a shortage of those shock shafts at the moment.

scotoap
21-06-2007, 08:58 AM

Thats Gr8 Neil, I'll check your site to see when they are in.
Glad to be of service, hope all goes well for you

rcracer
28-06-2007, 12:57 PM
where are the shock towers available from :confused:

jimmy
28-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Do you have the rod ends in stock neil?

NeilP
02-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Sorry not looked at the forum for a few days. Yes I do have the rod ends - parts : 51283 & 53601

NeilP
02-07-2007, 11:59 PM
where are the shock towers available from :confused:
We'll I've just received some in stock. Not on the site just yet but will be in a couple of days. They were a bit hard to get in the end and more expensive than I would have guessed. Also got some driveshafts, Yokomo shock shafts plus other bits - oh yes, some body shells, undertrays and wings - again these were more expensive than I expected.