PDA

View Full Version : A Lucky escape

jimmy
21-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I managed to stuff up a paint job tonight on the review XX4 and save it !
I made a horrific rushed choice on the colours and paid the price with a monstrosity of a shell..

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/shitshitshit.jpg

I was gutted as soon as i put the orange on, i knew it was gone!..
I heard something about faskolor paints needing a while to fully cure, so i stuck it straight in some water and with a bit of rubbing nearly all the paint came off ! :shock: the stubborn areas (mainly the grey shaddow paint) came off with some
surgical spirit, the red bits are just the window mask residue..

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/saved.jpg

SAVED!!
just need to think it thought properly now..

:oops:

nick oliver
21-01-2006, 09:00 PM
luckey luckey luckey ther jimmy

DCM
23-01-2006, 10:12 AM
I actualy like the front bit Jim, what colours and in what order.... the back.... hmmm, I think it didn't work as it wasn't either DARK or LIGHT, so never realy got a chance to shine.

Lucky about it though... I would be stuffed, I hot air gun each coat on mine....

jimmy
23-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I just didnt think it through!

The front bit looked nice on its own, it is green metallic (yellow and blue mixed) faded with a bit of carbon fibre effect into metallic charcoal... looked quite nice.
I think youre right, the orange needed to contrast either lighter or darker... ah well, i get another go at it now! :)

jimmy
27-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Well i was gonna go for my usual fluo orange and white like on the zx5 after that farce of a paint job.. But paul rotheram convinced me to give it another bash, its almost 1am and im a bit wired now.

here she is, this is the same shell as above remember, theres a couple of spots i didnt get the previous paint off properly but hey..
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/newxx4paint.jpg

I think there is:

1: light metallic blue (blue metallic and pearl white mixed)
2: iridescent purple
3: iridescent red
4: transparent grey
5: gun metal grey
6: red
7: fluo red
8: fluo orange (fluo red and normal yellow mixed)
9: yellow
10: white
11: pearl white

Have to give the compressor back tomorrow hence my 1am painting madness.

David
27-01-2006, 01:15 AM
sorry to interupt i am looking for a kyosho ultima aprox 1987 era the year joel johnson won the worlds i would like one stock just like it came from kyosho can anyone help me i have tried ebay and many other resources no luck yet thank you david in USA

jimmy
27-01-2006, 01:55 AM
:o:o:o

talk about off topic! lol !!

have you perchance tried the wanted section at the bottom of the forum ?
your best bet is tamiyaclub.com though

I have the car brand new with all the worlds gubbins like stickers and little medal but its not for sale im afraid.. tamiyaclub is your best bet..

ApexSpeed
27-01-2006, 02:12 AM
Random post attack!

LOL

Looks much better than the first one, Jimmy, though I did like that green.

jimmy
27-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks Doug,
The green looked better than on the photo I have to say, it was really nice, bit of carbon effect in there too.. but i rushed the rest of it without much thought, ah well..
I dont like painting shells for myself i have to say, I think i'll stick to the occasional one for other people.

Bathy
27-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah I’ll have a coffee please; two sugars no milk… ta!

Ha ha random, some people never fail to amaze yah huh? Looks really super that paint job Jimmy, top effort!

I didn’t know you were considering doing the occasional design for people… hmmmm interesting.

PaulRotheram
27-01-2006, 01:37 PM
think he ment just a few for mates if needed, and of course for special people. im plain retarded, can you get any more special than that?

shell looks spot on, glad i twisted your arm mate!

emzy
27-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Jimmmmmyy... I've got a job for you ;)