PDA

View Full Version : Should he stay or go??

steelie600
12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Right you know who im on about, no need to name names, vote accordingly

Big G
12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
I think your sig sums it up

James
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
I haven't read the stampy thread, and I'm certainly not voting in this poll. There's certainly more than one individual on here posting inane cr4p though. We all like a laugh, but its getting rather annoying seeing excessive mindless rubbish being posted, how about people currently doing that think before they post from now on. There's free speech on here which is fantastic, but it doesnt mean you have to speak all the time - empty vessels and all that.. This is by far the best 1/10th off-road forum around, lets keep it that way, Jimmy and the oOple smurfs do an unbelievably professional job on the reviews and race reports so maybe show appreciation by contributing positively to the forum rather than clogging it up.
Just my point of view. :bored:

James
12-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Disclaimer - I dont mean the creator of this thread, this is a general thing .

Southwell
12-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Right you know who im on about, no need to name names, vote accordingly

It's not your decision what goes on here and threads like this don't help. :bored:

samd
12-11-2009, 02:51 PM
This personal attack on one individual by many posters has gone too far, welcome to RC newcomers

stampede vxlboy
12-11-2009, 02:53 PM
this is very nice of you all thanks :mad::mad:

jameswilkinson7
12-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I dont think Simon should be pushed out... Thats taking it a little far.

Yoldume
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
i feel stampy may pollute threads im still very new but i do see quite often the he has added his little bit to most of the threads i find of interest, and mainly he is the one who answers any questions i have. i say he answers i mean he further pollutes my threads while i await someone more knowledgeable to offer advice

i think the only people with a right to ask someone to leave would be a moderator and other users showing thier dislike, i know this vote is trying to acheive something but i think there are other ways

and in the time this has been going on its been long enough for something to have been done and it hasnt happened so i would assume nothing will happen other than new and old users haing a changed view of what is allowed on this forum.

o dont think stampy should go i think he should use a spell checker and learn a bit of self control.

stampede vxlboy
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
thanks james i am f------ sick of this

raine
12-11-2009, 03:06 PM
26 vs 13 .. think some more are sick of you :x

Nick Goodall
12-11-2009, 03:07 PM
thanks james i am f------ sick of this

Well then.....

Asking questions is great and very well advised to save you getting it wrong but there's ways of doing it without annoying / offending people.

You just seem to post countless threads with pretty much the same thing over and over and over again - People try to help and you seem to ignore it, then you wonder why they get annoyed with you asking the same questions again.

Even when i tried to sell something you PM'd me telling me it was too expensive and by the sounds of it you've done this to a lot of other people on here...........

I think as others have said more and more of us are getting fed up with this hence it getting to this sort of stage where people don't know what else to do.

Yoldume
12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I think if he just kept his head down for a while, went racing and stopped tyre kicking people would see him in a different light

people are bored with the quantity of posts because theres no quality in what your saying.

jameswilkinson7
12-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I think the best thing for you to do Is have a few days away from the computer... Then if or when you come back really think about what you are saying. You have upset quite a few people on here, me included on a few occasions. Just take some time to think about it.

stampede vxlboy
12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
by the sound of it all then do it as am sick of the piss take from you all and just sick of it all together i hope your all happy with yourself i dont wish to race after all this if somebody was saying this about you would not like it 1 bit??????? would you no

Yoldume
12-11-2009, 03:16 PM
by the sound of it all then do it as am sick of the piss take from you all and just sick of it all together i hope your all happy with yourself i dont wish to race after all this if somebody was saying this about you would not like it 1 bit??????? would you know

Just leave it mate, go make a brew and watch some tv. and come back later on.

Nick Goodall
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
by the sound of it all then do it as am sick of the piss take from you all and just sick of it all together i hope your all happy with yourself i dont wish to race after all this if somebody was saying this about you would not like it 1 bit??????? would you know

Boo hoo hoo always the Victim!

People aren't SO unreasonable that they have just made up these opinions towards you, everything people have said is for a reason - You have given us all TOO many reasons to get fed up and peed off with you so don't turn it around and act all angry at everyone else.

mikeyscott
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
This personal attack on one individual by many posters has gone too far, welcome to RC newcomers

I agree with this statement. It's the mindless attacks that'll drive people away, not the constant posts of one individual.

I thought the people who did this hobby were grown up?

So are we all perfect?

Yes Stampy has gone a bit OTT with some of the questions..

I thik my view point is if you got a problem with one of stampy's threads, then don't view or post in it? Is it that difficult?

Nick Goodall
12-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I agree with this statement. It's the mindless attacks that'll drive people away, not the constant posts of one individual.

I thought the people who did this hobby were grown up?

Clearly not everyone is grown up - look at the way he has acted and treated people.

I agree some people are probably jumping on the band wagon and maybe taking things too far but do you really think we're all wrong? If you'd received PM's like some of us have i think you'd feel pretty much the same as everyone else to be honest.....

Simple fact is he's just winding up a LOT of people now and it's boiled over into full on debates :lol: You can't say people are just making it up.

PTRU
12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Sometimes its best to say nothing at all.

mikeyscott
12-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Clearly not everyone is grown up - look at the way he has acted and treated people.

I agree some people are probably jumping on the band wagon and maybe taking things too far but do you really think we're all wrong? If you'd received PM's like some of us have i think you'd feel pretty much the same as everyone else to be honest.....

Simple fact is he's just winding up a LOT of people now and it's boiled over into full on debates :lol: You can't say people are just making it up.

I have seen some of the posts so can see people's point. However others have posted things and then I think you're just as bad as each other.

With regards to the comment about being grown up - I'm not naming etc. as it's up to the individual to decide who is grown up and who isn't. Point is I have my views on people, but somethings are best kept to oneself.

mikeyscott
12-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Sometimes its best to say nothing at all.

Couldn't agree more and with that I'm off to look elsewhere and back to OCUK forums.

Nick Goodall
12-11-2009, 03:31 PM
I have seen some of the posts so can see people's point. However others have posted things and then I think you're just as bad as each other.

With regards to the comment about being grown up - I'm not naming etc. as it's up to the individual to decide who is grown up and who isn't. Point is I have my views on people, but somethings are best kept to oneself.

Fair enough and i would probably usually agree with both you and Phil but when someone gets personal and seems to go out of their way to stir and send PM's to people i think it's only a matter of time before people stop being all Christian and "Turning the other cheek" :lol:

I've never seen people get this wound up on Oople so there's no smoke without fire.

Maybe you'd feel different if you had been involved in any of these PM's etc.

stampede vxlboy
12-11-2009, 03:32 PM
i was going to start racing next year but with what as gone on it as drove me away from racing i will do it my self there no need for all this i will close my profile down to keep you all happy thanks

mikeyscott
12-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Fair enough and i would probably usually agree with both you and Phil but when someone gets personal and seems to go out of their way to stir and send PM's to people i think it's only a matter of time before people stop being all Christian and "Turning the other cheek" :lol:

I've never seen people get this wound up on Oople so there's no smoke without fire.

Maybe you'd feel different if you had been involved in any of these PM's etc.

Very true, so with that I'm going to leave at that as I am missing facts (from both sides).

Over and out ;)

mikeyscott
12-11-2009, 03:36 PM
i was going to start racing next year but with what as gone on it as drove me away from racing i will do it my self there no need for all this i will close my profile down to keep you all happy thanks

Just get down to a track and meet people first.

I hate computers when this happens (altough it pays the bills). Meeting people and discussing face to face about to how to do things and set-ups. I bet we wouldn't have this problem.

I think there are too many Keyboard Warriors here (including you Stampy)

Chrislong
12-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Didn't we give Ashley a chance, he grew up and calmed down quickly once he started attending more race meetings and got to know us....

I think there is a lot of value in this forum because so many of us know each other very well, those we don't know who act up - just give some distance and let the Mods take care of it like they ought to.

Where's Vinny and Bmag?

sosidge
12-11-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't really like to get involved in these situations, but stampy is the exception...

I don't object to his stupid questions.
I don't object to his stupid decisions.

But...

I do object to his rude and insulting attitude. People try and help and are met with abuse if he doesn't agree with what they say.
I do object to him giving incorrect advice. He is in no position to give advice because he does not know a single thing. This is dangerous, because other newbies don't know good advice from bad.

It was "fun" (for some) while it lasted, but really it is time to ban him before he does some serious damage to the credibility of the forum. He is flooding it with nonsense almost single-handedly.

sparrow.2
12-11-2009, 04:19 PM

Heard this guff from you a while back already, only between that time and this time you have written about 800 more posts of garbage and unpleasant crap. Check below for your previous wailing and whingeing.

its ok coz this sit as drove me away rc racing full stop from tue i will not be on here no long thanks goodbye

taken from following thread in which you felt sorry for yourself:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30039&highlight=bullying

You just rub people the wrong way. Can't imagine what you're like in real life, neither do I give a shit. On the keyboard you're a complete nightmare.

millzy
12-11-2009, 04:32 PM

Dont let this lot stop you racing

If you really want to race then do it, what gets said on ine should not bother you, im sure when you attend a lot of race meetings you will finds a lot of help and make new friends

but remeber alot of racers do come online and there is a "click" on oople so you will get alot of ganing up on you, however if you are starting to wear on people you cant expect them to sit back and let you carry on, racing is ment to be fun for every one.

jhammond
12-11-2009, 06:43 PM
I don't really like to get involved in these situations, but stampy is the exception...

I don't object to his stupid questions.
I don't object to his stupid decisions.

But...

I do object to his rude and insulting attitude. People try and help and are met with abuse if he doesn't agree with what they say.
I do object to him giving incorrect advice. He is in no position to give advice because he does not know a single thing. This is dangerous, because other newbies don't know good advice from bad.

It was "fun" (for some) while it lasted, but really it is time to ban him before he does some serious damage to the credibility of the forum. He is flooding it with nonsense almost single-handedly.

I am in complete agreement. It's not like people haven't attempted to offer advice. What's frustrating is the rude replies and PM's he send when he isn't under agreement with the advice he's been offered. Everybody deserves a second chance but this chap has had hundreds.

You can only tolerate so much.

jim76
12-11-2009, 06:53 PM
spot on Sosidge, and Julius. I've tried to help numerous times, but nothing i say is taken in. And i've lost count of the number of times i've had to clear out my PM box!

maybe the best thing would just be to limit his posting to say 5 posts per day? that way he would forced to only ask once!

mw02veg
12-11-2009, 06:56 PM
he joined in april have u seen his post counter :woot:

rcracer
12-11-2009, 07:02 PM

And thats not including the deleted ones :lol:

Nige
12-11-2009, 07:26 PM

An average of 7.41 posts per day :eh?: and I wonder how many are related to asking pinion/spur/motor queries over and over again. And ever time he has sorted one car, he buys another.......so yet more questions :cry:

Stampy some genuine questions for you:

- Do you feel an victim from all of this or can you understand where peoples frustrations are coming from?

- What do you think would happen if everyone acted as you, would the forum become a better or worse place?

- Do you feel all your actions are acceptable and other members of the forum are being unreasonable?

I and I guess many other members would really like to hear your opinion of these points.

steelie600
12-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Stampy ive been watching oople for years but only recently became a member and started posting. In my opinion all you do is boast brag and ignore any advice given to you. Before your drivel this used to be a professional looking forum mainly populated by SERIOUS racers. Of which i'd like to classify myself now. This is not a personal attack, it really isnt and yes i can be a right wind up merchant in real life and on the keyboard hence the sig, but i can take it too!!. I have offered advice, to step back have a think about what your putting and come back with a fresh attitude.

You have ignored that.

Ill makeyou one last gesture as a racer, and an ambassador of the sport. Come racing to Ribble Valley indoors next wednesday, you can get on the bus from keighley to preston very easily. Ill even collect you from Preston bus station and take you to the club and drop you back off at the station afterwards. Doesnt matter if your cars not ready itll only take two tics to mesh motor and setup controller/esc. All you will need is £5 to race and £2 to hire a pt for the evening and obviously bus fare.

You will be looked after and we will show you how to race properly and set your car up yourself, all youll need to do is make sure your batteries are fully charged.

This is a genuine offer and if you want to take me up on it post here DO NOT pm me.

Kev

stampede vxlboy
12-11-2009, 08:23 PM
i would but its far to far for me to get buses take about 3hours so i would of took you up on it if it was local but by the time i get back it will be the day after
THANKS FOR THE OFFER

David Church
12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Now thats a fair offer!!! I drove 200 miles last sunday to race, it took 4 hours each way!!! Stampy you need to be comitted to race dude!!! Take Kev up on his offer and hit a proper race meeting!!!

SimonW
12-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Ignorance and non-participation are blissful. I do think you should all lay off. When i was at school we used to call it "sent to Coventry". I wonder what your sponsors would think aswell? What a good advert for them.....(NOT).

mikeyscott
12-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Ignorance and non-participation are blissful. I do think you should all lay off. When i was at school we used to call it "sent to Coventry". I wonder what your sponsors would think aswell? What a good advert for them.....(NOT).

Funny that I was just thinking the same...

David Church
12-11-2009, 09:16 PM
I am encouraging him to race!!! I am just pointing out the dedication we have to attend race meetings.:thumbsup:

b4pete
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Get the train to darlington this sunday, 1 hr max on train i reckon, ill pick you up, take you racing, and drop you back off, Ill even cover your entry if cash is tight?

Cant get a better offer than that!

mark christopher
12-11-2009, 09:21 PM
have to say im guilty of having pops at stampy :blush:

i have the pm's, been ignored when given advice BUT all i do now is offer advice, if its ignored, tough, ignored pm's so he does not bother.

i still think he has lots to learn and a change of the way he posts would be good, ive swapped pm's with his misses, who seems ok, his son is on here, they are all wanting to race
my advice is if you dont like him leave it and dont post, or give an opnion and move on
to stampy, take your time in making your posts, if need be ask mrs stampy to check they make sence so others on here can understand what you want help with, and when given advice, take it in but dont start a debate if you dont agree, just take the next help, and dont keep banging pm's in, and having a go at those trying to help. if they take the piss ignore em, do like ash did and earn respect by listening and taking what ur told as good advice

all of us
we all race toy cars, were potentially kicking 3 racers out,stampy, son, misses stampy when toy car racing needs all the members it can get!

MChandler
12-11-2009, 09:26 PM
have to say im guilty of having pops at stampy :blush:

i have the pm's, been ignored when given advice BUT all i do now is offer advice, if its ignored, tough, ignored pm's so he does not bother.

i still think he has lots to learn and a change of the way he posts would be good, ive swapped pm's with his misses, who seems ok, his son is on here, they are all wanting to race
my advice is if you dont like him leave it and dont post, or give an opnion and move on
to stampy, take your time in making your posts, if need be ask mrs stampy to check they make sence so others on here can understand what you want help with, and when given advice, take it in but dont start a debate if you dont agree, just take the next help, and dont keep banging pm's in, and having a go at those trying to help. if they take the piss ignore em, do like ash did and earn respect by listening and taking what ur told as good advice

all of us
we all race toy cars, were potentially kicking 3 racers out,stampy, son, misses stampy when toy car racing needs all the members it can get!

+999999 lol:thumbsup:

stampede vxlboy
12-11-2009, 09:40 PM
my wife been looking at all this as she said there no way she will not be racing and my son will not be and me to. so that 2 of us that going to buy trucks for my son and wife. we was all ready to start next year but she said no way will she after what she as seen on this site . so that 3 people that wanted to race but will not be as she is ordering here trucks instead for her and my son as we seek

steelie600
12-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I give up!!

SimonW
12-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Go racin' stampy and stick two fingers up to all the Haters. I'm sure there are people at your local club who can help out if you get stuck. After all this is only toy car racing and it is supposed to be 'FUN'.

i4n
12-11-2009, 09:59 PM
my wife been looking at all this a she said there no way the she will not be racing and my son will not be and me to. so that 2 of us that going to buy trucks for my son and wife. we was all ready to start next year but she said no way will she after what she as seen on this site . so that 3 people that wanted to race but will not be as she is ordering here trucks instead for her and my son as we seek

Stampster,

I've stayed out of this until now but I can hold back any longer (ohh err!). Part of me thinks I'm about to waste energy hitting keys as it's all been said before, but here goes anyway...

I have helped you where I can and I believe it was useful to you. I agree with others that things have gone too far sometimes on here but don't let that put you (and Mrs Stampy and Stampy Jr,) off - get yourselves off to a club, take these people up on their offers and go racing. If you get out racing you will meet people that will show you where you are going wrong and help you, it may even be some of the people on here that you have had issues with and then you might change their minds for the better.

Some on here may argue this point, but I personally think you are keen and enthusiastic for the hobby/sport, but you really haven't been paying attention to a word anyone has written. Take the post I have quoted, I think I know what you're trying to say but it's hard work.

You need to articulate what you are saying better - there are several members on here where English isn't there first language (Pavel for one) and they do a better job than you. I know we're not all knocking on the door for membership to MENSA but if you take your time in writing the post, think about it, think some more and then some more still; then write the post (if you find spelling difficult, get the Firefox web-browser as you can get a spell checker as an add on for it, all free), don't offer useless advice as it can be dangerous, only offer it when you know 100% that it is true and accurate.

Also, don't have a go at people for no reason (I was reading one of the other threads about you earlier and you had a go at someone who was posting about/to someone else). Sometimes the old adage of counting to 10 before doing something is good advice.

Have a week away from the forum, have fun playing with your toy cars and then come back a different person.

Ian

Kifogrande
12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
But theres no way she will not be going racing? B4 would be better for racing than a truck, she should stick with that for a christmas prezzie

jameswilkinson7
12-11-2009, 10:01 PM
my wife been looking at all this as she said there no way she will not be racing and my son will not be and me to. so that 2 of us that going to buy trucks for my son and wife. we was all ready to start next year but she said no way will she after what she as seen on this site . so that 3 people that wanted to race but will not be as she is ordering here trucks instead for her and my son as we seek

Simon. Come to cullingworth friday after next... The club is right on your door step. You will meet people there that are friendly and will help you and your family with their racing. Leave oople alone for a bit. Come and race!:thumbsup:

stampede vxlboy
12-11-2009, 10:12 PM
i will come but this as put the wife of and my son for life and its all about toy cars at the end of the day. i have got my driving test friday after next so i hope to see you there but i cannot change the wife mind and my son i have tryed telling her but she as been slaged off by alot of people on here and my son as so they will never start racing. if i past my test i will be there

michael
12-11-2009, 10:14 PM
I too have been reading all this on here for some months now, sometimes its funny but some of the replies are not.
Stampy if you need a lift to cullingworth i will gladly take .

steelie600
12-11-2009, 10:14 PM
No one slagged yer mrs off to my knowledge!! NOT ONE!!

big p
12-11-2009, 10:15 PM
i've not been a member on here long and i dont post on here much, i prefer to sit and read what other people have to say, but the thread is way off.... kev, by starting this thread you've made you've made your self look like a right nob.

if someone wants to ask loads of questions then go for it, if you dont like the questions then move on and read another topic, thats what a forum's all about is'nt it?

if there's a problem with a certain user the pm's should have been used and any embarrassment would have been avoided.

shoot me down in flames if you like.... but what i've said is my opinion and i'll stick by it.

stampede vxlboy
12-11-2009, 10:17 PM
lee farrer for 1 and all is mates that race

jameswilkinson7
12-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Unfortunatly I wont be at cullingworth for that meeting as it clashes with the players.... Tell your wife and son that most of the people at cullingworth dont go on oople. Everyone there is sound:thumbsup:

wezzer
12-11-2009, 10:23 PM
i have just read this from start to finish and i gotta say,,,, i feel a little sad now!!!!!
thats it, just ,,,,,, sad :cry:
good luck stampy!!!

PaulRotheram
12-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Closing this thread as its doing more harm than good, for more than a few people!

Any similar threads being created and further action will be made to the user guilty of it.