PDA

View Full Version : nosram matrix evolution + Orion vortex 7.5 + Losi xx4 we

ashleyb4
28-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Ive just fitted my brushless into my xx4 here are some pics.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7926/cimg2465nh5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1953/cimg2467xm1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4838/cimg2468bs6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ONe question though has anyone had to file some material off the chassis to get the motor in as this is the same length as a brushed motor but its square so it doesnt fit in the hole in the bottom of the chassis???

A

bigred5765
28-04-2007, 01:15 PM
ash it shouldnt be like that what pinion and spur are you on
should be like 84 19 or 20 on a7.5

ashleyb4
28-04-2007, 01:21 PM
21/82 as suggested in the other thread. Its just because its a square motor i think it hasnt got any chaffered edges on like the other motors.

A

_sleigh_
28-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Ash.. I know this is completely off topic, but what set-up are you running on your XX-4, as it looks a little "non-standard" in places.

And have you got the heatsink for your speedo... It might be a benefit to get one, just to be on the safe side. We don't want the magic smoke to be released :D

modelimages
28-04-2007, 01:55 PM
one thing i do notice is your pos and neg leads to the battery are the same length, in the heat of the moment when trying to get on the line you will cross connect them and pop goes your speed controller, shorten one so it cannot reach the terminal.
john

_sleigh_
28-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Good call John..

ashleyb4
28-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Setup is sorta stock/ yours i havent actually set it up yet and if you are refearing to the front shocks the reason there on the outside hole is because i broke the front wishbone where the screws go so i need to get some new wishbones tommorow from Doom. I just put it in the outside hole so i dont loose the screw.

A

ashleyb4
28-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Dont worry i have sorted that ive cabel tied the possative to the reciever wires so it can only reach one side and as my cells are built a certain way the possative always goes on the servo side.

A

_sleigh_
28-04-2007, 02:11 PM
I'd not spotted the front shock positions, it was the rear camber link and steering ackerman locations I was looking at.

Rear camber link is normally on positon 8, which is the outer most in the lower row of holes. The steering ackerman is typically run in the outer set of holes, so the bellcrank arms are in a more parrallel style.

Looking at your turnbuckles you would probably benefit doing both these changes at the same time and swaping the rears for the steering, as the fronts look to short and the rears look like they'll be too long on the position 8.

Also, don't forget the speedo -> motor sensor wire, it has been known for the speedo's not to like being turned on without it connected (isnt that right Ellis)

_sleigh_
28-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Dont worry i have sorted that ive cabel tied the possative to the reciever wires so it can only reach one side and as my cells are built a certain way the possative always goes on the servo side.

A

In theory that's a good idea to keep the + & - wire separate, but in reality the battery (and saddle link) wires shouldn't be held too close to the receiver wiring, as it's a common source of interference. :confused:

Best bet, as John said, is to just shortern one of the battery wires to avoid the cross-wiring problem.

ashleyb4
28-04-2007, 02:34 PM
As i said i haent even touched the car yet setup wise thats my job for tonight. And im going to be running the setup you sugested in the other thread.

As for sensor wire i ordered one but the shop is out of stock so as i only recieved it this moring i havent had time to order a second im hoping doom has one if not i may have to snoop about and see if any kind person will lend me one. If not ill have to go brushed.

But im reall worried by the height of the motor its really low its almost level with the chassis.

A

ashleyb4
28-04-2007, 02:36 PM
And have you got the heatsink for your speedo... It might be a benefit to get one, just to be on the safe side. We don't want the magic smoke to be released :D

Oh yea i have one in the bag ill put it on i wasnt sure if i should or not.

A

_sleigh_
28-04-2007, 02:42 PM
As i said i haent even touched the car yet setup wise thats my job for tonight. And im going to be running the setup you sugested in the other thread.

As for sensor wire i ordered one but the shop is out of stock so as i only recieved it this moring i havent had time to order a second im hoping doom has one if not i may have to snoop about and see if any kind person will lend me one. If not ill have to go brushed.

But im reall worried by the height of the motor its really low its almost level with the chassis.

A

I've got a spare sensor wire I can lend you for tomorrow.

As for the motor, unless it's actually sitting lower than the chassis line then don't worry. If you bring it over in the morning I can have a look if you like. Might just be the way you've got it bolted to the motor mount, or could even be the mount.

ashleyb4
28-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Phil your a star ill see if doom has one first if he doesnt if i could borrow it i would be forever gratefull. Its slightly above the bottom of the chassis. There are 3 pairs of holes on the motor so im going to try the other holes and see if that mounts in any higher. Ill bring it over to show you tommorow phil just to show you how low it is. If that doesnt work carl lathem said paul worsley makes custom ones that you can choose a mounting height. So i could raise the motor.

A

_sleigh_
28-04-2007, 02:53 PM
You'll probably not find the other pairs of holes make a difference, as they're all the same distance from the center.

What Spur / Pinion did you say you were running?

Not sure if Paul still does the motor mounts anymore, if he does then it would be a case of waiting until a group of people want them as the set-up time to machine them is quite high.

I'm only using the standard kit mount on my regional race car and all is OK. I'm sure it'll all become clear tomorrow, and it'll be something simple.

ashleyb4
28-04-2007, 02:59 PM
im running 21/82 7.5 sinitared rotor i think it would be better with a 20 looking at the track or possibly a 19.

A

ashleyb4
28-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Ive put the heatsink on. Just checking you do put it on with the clear double sided tape dont you???

A