PDA

View Full Version : my zx5 is barking!!!!!!!

1shnot
30-04-2007, 04:42 AM
I have a problem with my zx5...... zooming up and down the street to test out the new lrp system I've got, problem is when I gun the full throtle it barks...... I don't think it's my diff, since it does not slip.
next thing I've tried to make my slipper nut tighter, and I have made it tight and yet it still barks....
when I hold both rear tires down and pull the throtle it makes this barking noise until I give more throtle then tire breaks loose. what gives? I'm having same problem with my mf2 as well , no matter how tight my diffs and slippers are they still barks...... HELP!!!!!!!!!!

thanx guys

WheelNut
30-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Well did you try loosening the slipper? The only bark noise I've ever heard from an R/C was from a slipping ball diff. Unless there is something funny going on with your motor?

JCJC
30-04-2007, 07:02 AM
We had the pinion/spur a bit tight last week, made all sorts of noise untill I backed it off a tiny bit.

jim76
30-04-2007, 07:54 AM
i've had that, it will be the diffs slipping. Best to run the slipper so it actually slips, not lock it up, take the stress off the diffs and bevel gears.

jimmy
30-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Does sound like the diff, get some new carbide balls for it, the kit balls are a little on the soft side and don't last long

1shnot
30-04-2007, 01:39 PM
ok I'll rebuild the diff with carbide....... I can use associated balls right? for diff and thrust?

thanks for you help gents;)

jimmy
30-04-2007, 01:46 PM
yeah the AE balls will fit

1shnot
30-04-2007, 03:51 PM
so just to make sure... do you have ball sizes? someone just told me that ae balls will not fit........ looking to replace diff balls and thrust as well

andreasH
30-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Another idea:
Have a look on the two gearwheels showen on the picture.
I had a clattering nois problem last race. The reason was a damaged
gearwheel (the little one on the pic).
The front and the rear were affected.
Putting in new ones and shimming the right way helped.