PDA

View Full Version : B44 Front Driveshaft Question

nutey
16-11-2009, 08:55 AM
After looking at the front of my B44 at the weekend I noticed that the Left side driveshaft (as you look at the front) doesn't sit as far into the diff outdrive as the other side:eh?:

It seems ok at rest but at full droop it looks rather close to popping out. The only change from stock is B4 front shafts (with the spacer removed as they're shorter) after snapping a couple of B44 ones...

Could someone post a pic of the front of their B44 to show if I've got a problem or just worrying too much...:D

Big G
16-11-2009, 11:52 AM
mine seem to sit about the same both sides. once it's on the floor they're a good mm or 2 into the outdrives.

do you have weird camber?

Richard Lowe
16-11-2009, 12:26 PM
It can change depending on how you have the diff shimmed, my BJ4 is never exactly the same each side. As long as you have the same droop each side it's ok ;)

nutey
16-11-2009, 12:34 PM
mine seem to sit about the same both sides. once it's on the floor they're a good mm or 2 into the outdrives.

do you have weird camber?

Don't think the Camber is too weird. Maybe slightly less than 1 degree but not too mad!

It can change depending on how you have the diff shimmed, my BJ4 is never exactly the same each side. As long as you have the same droop each side it's ok ;)

The droop is the same and the diff was rebuilt the other week and shimmed as per the manual (unless I got a bit carried away and stuck them all on one side...:o). Might just check that tonight...