PDA

View Full Version : BRCA 1/10th Off Road - National Winter Open

stuartw
16-11-2009, 09:55 AM
BRCA Winter Open Championship 2010. --- 1/10th. Off-Road

As you may have read in the 2009 AGM Minutes, the BRCA 1/10th Off Road Section are organising a new style event for January 2010.

Whilst the exact format of the meeting is still being worked upon, this is a guide to give everyone a "heads up" on what is happening and generate interest.

This meeting will replace the National Indoor Regional Finals for 2010.

The meeting will be held over the weekend Jan 30/31

st 2010 at the Worksop Indoor arena.

On each day (Sat 2wd – Sun 4wd) there will be three Reedy style classes.

Each day will be treated as separate events.

Reedy ‘A’ will consist of F1 drivers (max 40)
Reedy ‘B’ will consist of F2 drivers (max 40)
Reedy ‘C’ will consist of F3/4/5 Drivers (max 40)
No Driver can be ‘downgraded’. Therefore, for example, if more than 40 drivers wish to take part in a class, driver 41 will become Reserve number 1, Driver 42 will become reserve number 2 and so on.
If less than 40 drivers apply for a higher graded class, then drivers may be promoted ‘up’ from the next level down i.e. if only 35 drivers apply for the F1 event, then F2 drivers may be promoted.
2010 Licence Grades will be the criteria to decide upon your class.
The intention is to have six points scoring Races for each class.
In the event that any class is undersubscribed, then that class MAY be reduced to 32.
The entry form for this event will be available shortly, along with details regarding the cost, where to send your entry etc.
Yours sincerely,

Paul Worsley. (BRCA, Off-Road Section Chairman).

David Church
16-11-2009, 05:51 PM
This event will replace the indoor finals for 2010. This is an exciting new event planned by the BRCA to keep the national style feel meeting going through the winter!!!
So come on you lot.....who is interested???? Who wants to see this type of event take place??? Who wants to enter???
It is at the same venue that the Players event is taking place this weekend 21/22 of November 2009.
Please show your interest here....All the details also avaliable on www.brca.org (http://www.brca.org) in the 1/10 off road section.
Let's keep the best section in thr R/C world fully subscribed!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Big G
16-11-2009, 05:57 PM
since I wasn't racing last year do I have no F grade or do I automatically get F5?

ben
16-11-2009, 05:59 PM
since I wasn't racing last year do I have no F grade or do I automatically get F5?

Is this your first year or have you been racing previous to last year? If so what was your grading before?

BJ

David Church
16-11-2009, 06:12 PM

The best place to probably check is with your regional rep. If this fails perhaps try the BRCA, but regional rep would be favorite. But either way you can still race, this event is something new to me and I think the BRCA are doing a "GOOD JOB" with coming up with a new event!!!!

stuartw
16-11-2009, 06:25 PM
The best place to probably check is with your regional rep. If this fails perhaps try the BRCA, but regional rep would be favorite. But either way you can still race, this event is something new to me and I think the BRCA are doing a "GOOD JOB" with coming up with a new event!!!!

Real name might help as well:lol:

David Church
16-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Real name might help as well:lol:

Haha, this is true.....:thumbsup:

GRIFF55
16-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Perhaps that is his real name!! I know i'd like that one:thumbsup:
I'm interested in this baby!!! put me down BIG W!:lol:

David Church
16-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Good Job Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you there eh!!!

Belsten
16-11-2009, 06:48 PM
count me in :thumbsup:

David Church
16-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Big Air Belston is in da house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRIFF55
16-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm not going if he is:lol::p

David Church
16-11-2009, 06:54 PM
That is "Welch-ist"!!!!!:p

Donutt
16-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I can't wait for the dogs abuse I get for this post.

I'm coming down from Scotland to do this - and I'll be working my way round all BRCA nationals in 2010.

I've got new cars, new gear and am ready to get trounced ;)
My B&B is booked already!

All I need now, is an entry form...

stox217
16-11-2009, 10:03 PM
I can't wait for the dogs abuse I get for this post.

I'm coming down from Scotland to do this - and I'll be working my way round all BRCA nationals in 2010.

I've got new cars, new gear and am ready to get trounced ;)
My B&B is booked already!

All I need now, is an entry form...
Fair play its guys like you who travel round to support the Nationals who keep them going. Good luck at the meeting to all.

Big G
16-11-2009, 10:33 PM
I've never been F graded before. So far all I've done is 2 MAM rounds at kiddy.

Col
16-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Big G will be an F5 when you get your BRCA membership. (assuming you haven't already)

Big G
16-11-2009, 10:48 PM
I have my BRCA membership yes. I was just wondered if I automatically get F5 or have to race the year before to get anything.

I'll be attending the regionals next year so hopefully I'll upgrade that F5 and if I can attend some nationals :)

Cheers for your help.

DaveG28
17-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm certainly up for this, sounds a good idea!

njc11
17-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Count me in to! :thumbsup:

David Church
17-11-2009, 01:02 PM
We are trying to see the interest in an event like this, so come on guys, tell us what you think!!!:thumbsup:

Chris Doughty
17-11-2009, 01:13 PM
any idea on the date?

I like the sound of the format!

I'm F2 now, but I would be more interested in racing with the F1's could that happen?

David Church
17-11-2009, 01:16 PM
any idea on the date?

I like the sound of the format!

I'm F2 now, but I would be more interested in racing with the F1's could that happen?

Jan 30/31, 2010, Yes this could happen, if the F-1's are undersubscribed, top F-2's could go in with the F-1's.
It would be great to see you there Chris:thumbsup:

Chris Doughty
17-11-2009, 01:18 PM
OK, sounds good to me

Northy
17-11-2009, 01:27 PM
I really don't like the idea of F2's being upgraded to the F1 class. Would you be asked first or just lumped in there? :confused:

G

bigred5765
17-11-2009, 01:34 PM
sounds good,as long as 2wd and 4wd are on separate days, unlike some other meetings?;)

David Church
17-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I really don't like the idea of F2's being upgraded to the F1 class. Would you be asked first or just lumped in there? :confused:

G

I kinda look at it as an honour to be bumped up. But I don't have that answer, I am sure your question will be answered though:thumbsup:

David Church
17-11-2009, 01:36 PM
sounds good,as long as 2wd and 4wd are on separate days, unlike some other meetings?;)

yep, 2wd sat and 4wd sun!!!

James
17-11-2009, 01:39 PM
It will be ace :thumbsup: , fingers crossed for an even spread of F ratings - if drivers can be split as outlined in stuarts post it will run a treat, with some great racing :thumbsup:

What about if former F1's get 'promoted' ahead of f2's in the event of uneven entries ?

stuartw
17-11-2009, 01:42 PM

Doesn't it state that in my original post????

bigred5765
17-11-2009, 01:49 PM
:confused:wouldnt no dont go through every page post buy post, just click new post as most every one else does i guess :p

Jonesy
17-11-2009, 01:49 PM

G

I'd assume it's from your finishing positions in the National Series??

David Church
17-11-2009, 01:52 PM
:confused:wouldnt no dont go through every page post buy post, just click new post as most every one else does i guess :p

You lazy bas****d haha:thumbsup:

You could at least read the first post in a new thread!!!:p

bigred5765
17-11-2009, 01:59 PM
You lazy bas****d ha ha:thumbsup:

You could at least read the first post in a new thread!!!:p

Dave if i had to do that on every thread post i read on here, I would be here 4-5 hours none stop, now i love oople but sorry thats just to much reading in one day,click new post read that page and reply job done,:p

David Church
17-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Dave if i had to do that on every thread post i read on here, I would be here 4-5 hours none stop, now i love oople but sorry thats just to much reading in one day,click new post read that page and reply job done,:p

haha carl.....I understand.......:thumbsup:

pugboy
17-11-2009, 02:09 PM
This sounds really good, perhaps on the entry form there could be a tick box to say whether if their class is oversubscribed then they would want to be promoted to the next class up, or stay in with their own grades as some might prefer.

stuartw
17-11-2009, 02:13 PM
This sounds really good, perhaps on the entry form there could be a tick box to say whether if their class is oversubscribed then they would want to be promoted to the next class up, or stay in with their own grades as some might prefer.

I wish people would read the original post.
People will only be "promoted" if the class up is UNDERSUBSCRIBED.
If a class is oversubscribed then a reserve list will be formed.

pugboy
17-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I wish people would read the original post.
People will only be "promoted" if the class up is UNDERSUBSCRIBED.
If a class is oversubscribed then a reserve list will be formed.

Sorry Stuart, I did read the original post, but was just following on from others suggestions about being promoted, or prefering not to be. It is a discussion forum so that's what we do, not always intelligently, granted!:)

DaveG28
17-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Guys, would it be first come first served, or would a ranking system be there so if 50 F2's apply the top 40 from last years nationals, or x per region etc, be included?

RogerM
17-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I like the idea of this event, sounds like an interesting format.

I am however not interested in racing at it due to the venue (just a personal dislike for the surface, no reflection on the clubs ability to organise good meetings).

Good luck with the event though, be interesting to see how well it works!

James
17-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I like the idea of this event, sounds like an interesting format.

I am however not interested in racing at it due to the venue.

Good luck with the event though, be interesting to see how well it works!

If there's a problem with the venue is it something we can address ?

MALLET
17-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Whats up with Worksop?????

Belsten
17-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Worksop is an ace venue, shame it is so far away for me though

RogerM
17-11-2009, 05:27 PM
If there's a problem with the venue is it something we can address ?

It's just a personal thing, I really dislike the surface .... just can't get my head around how to make a car work there! I personally think that it favours people who can get to the venue a little more regularly to practice as its nothing like most indoor venues (polished wood etc.)

Nothing wrong with the club or the way you run meetings, one of the most professional run clubs there is which is why you get so many to these big meetings .... I'll edit my original post to reflect, no offense intended!!!!

GRIFF55
17-11-2009, 05:28 PM
to far for you!! That is the only downside for me too is distance away:(

James
17-11-2009, 05:59 PM
It's just a personal thing, I really dislike the surface .... just can't get my head around how to make a car work there! I personally think that it favours people who can get to the venue a little more regularly to practice as its nothing like most indoor venues (polished wood etc.)

Nothing wrong with the club or the way you run meetings, one of the most professional run clubs there is which is why you get so many to these big meetings .... I'll edit my original post to reflect, no offense intended!!!!

Fair comment, thanks, if its an issue we can do something about then we usually do. All i can suggest is contacting Si Willets for an RB5 setup and Nick Caro for a ZX5 one if you did want to go, both appear to have decent Worksop setups. :)

David Church
17-11-2009, 06:10 PM

I used the same setup as I used at Kiddy, worked well at both tracks!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: Get your entry in dood!!!!!!! Get it done!!!!

Slimboyfat
24-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Is it going to be excluding ex F1's in the last 5 years or whatever it is that can compete in the F3/4/5 part like end of year finals?

David Church
24-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I would think it would go off of your 2010 driver grade.
But not 100% sure, ask Charlie Frasier or Stuart Whyman, they should know or can find out:thumbsup:

Jonesy
24-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Is it going to be excluding ex F1's in the last 5 years or whatever it is that can compete in the F3/4/5 part like end of year finals?

OJ, surely not another comeback dude??? On a serious note, GET IT DONE!!

I can't see that it will be excluding former F1's mate as it's an event replacing the Indoor Finals as such, I'm sure Stu and Charlie will be along to correct me shortly or you could give Paul W a call??

ashleyb4
24-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I would be up for it :)

A

ex-sco77morgan
25-11-2009, 07:35 AM
I'll be there getting it done in the F3's !! Boof

Slimboyfat
25-11-2009, 10:12 PM
OJ, surely not another comeback dude??? On a serious note, GET IT DONE!!

I can't see that it will be excluding former F1's mate as it's an event replacing the Indoor Finals as such, I'm sure Stu and Charlie will be along to correct me shortly or you could give Paul W a call??

Give over, they say the 6th one is the most memorable...

Im semi interested just would like to know the answer before the semi interest turns full on.

millzy
26-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Sounds good , I could battle with the other f5s

Slimboyfat
26-11-2009, 05:53 PM
I'll fight you for top F5 honour millsy!

stuartw
29-11-2009, 06:15 PM
The entry form for this meeting is now available on WWW.BRCA.ORG (http://www.BRCA.ORG).

Remember, entries will be handled on a first come, first served basis, so be quick.

Perhaps I should have double checked before posting this. The incorrect data has been loaded, but should be corrected soon.
Apologies.

David Church
29-11-2009, 06:54 PM
As Stuart has said, this entry is on a first come first serve basis, so no hanging around for this one!!!! If you are late or the class is full you won't be going!!!!
The BRCA have listened to racers and are trying something different, there is no doubt this event will not go 100% as planned, and somethings will be good and some not so, but give the BRCA credit for listening and acting and let's all be as supportive as possible and "Get it Done"!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

David Church
30-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Just printed off entry, filled it out, going in post today!!!

Check list.......... make sure you sign it, sounds silly, but is required. And I strongly recommend you put a SAE in for confirmation!!!
Don't rely on a cleared cheque for confirmation, this has caught more than a few drivers out in the past.

col300
30-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Do we know which Lipo's will be allowed for this event? i.e. 2009 list only or will newer ones that are likely to be on the 2010 list be ok (Trakpower Dark Series, New Intellect 40c etc)?

Col
30-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Old indoor finals always used to run to the previous years list, ie 2009

Battle_axe
30-11-2009, 11:55 AM
may have to get down there just to confirm i have never raced anywhere else other than my club will i still be able to race?

stuartw
30-11-2009, 12:21 PM
may have to get down there just to confirm i have never raced anywhere else other than my club will i still be able to race?

I think the answer to that question is in part of the meeting name - OPEN.
Providing you satisfy the "Conditions of Entry" as stated on the Entry Form, then you can enter.

Battle_axe
30-11-2009, 12:34 PM
I think the answer to that question is in part of the meeting name - OPEN.
Providing you satisfy the "Conditions of Entry" as stated on the Entry Form, then you can enter.

ok then i willl get myself booked in :) get the rest of the ansmann guys down too :)

stuartw
01-12-2009, 01:20 PM
I have just heard that a large number of entries have been received today - which is the earliest they could have been received, so to be sure of a place, get those forms sent in.

stuartw
05-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I have just heard that a large number of entries have been received today - which is the earliest they could have been received, so to be sure of a place, get those forms sent in.

Places are being taken rapidly now, so to be assured of a place, get your entry in.

RAW
05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I have received my notification of my entry form, does this mean I have a place, or is it just to let me know, that you have received my application?

Just so I know when to book accommodation.

Many Thanks

David Church
05-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I have received my notification of my entry form, does this mean I have a place, or is it just to let me know, that you have received my application?

Just so I know when to book accommodation.

Many Thanks

If you sent a SAE with your entry and received a BRCA confirmation slip, you have a place in the Winter Open:thumbsup:

CharlieF
06-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi Guys.
DC is correct and as it is the second time we have been asked this I will also confirm that you may assume you are "in" unless you hear otherwise. I promise to get in touch immediately with anyone entering but not getting a place because the entry is full for that class.
Regards.

Belsten
08-12-2009, 02:02 PM
entry sent today, hope its not too late :thumbsup:

ashleyb4
08-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I hope you can read my writing charlie :) sending mine now....

A

bondy
08-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Mine sent Today aswell !!! Im an "F5" :cry: this is gonna be intresting !!!

CharlieF
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Bondy
Not as ineresting as only having one F4 entry so far? Where are all the F4's?

bondy
08-12-2009, 09:29 PM
OOOOOH OOOOU can I be an F4 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!! :woot:

" I might have to come back to 10th nationals one day ! "

CharlieF
10-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Guys.
Just to remind everyone that the Christmas season is here again - with all that drinking adversely affficcctttiiinnnnggg everythang

CharlieF
10-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Also the post will be baddly affected so please geg your BWOC entries in the post as early as possible.
Regards

CharlieF
18-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi All BWOC potential competitors.

Just by way of a reminder for all those who intend entering but have not yet done so, there are only 29 days left before entries close for this event (16th January 2010).

Get those entries in to make sure of your place - no cheques will be banked until after closing day!

Merry Christmas

David Church
29-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Ok my fellow racers, get your entries in!!!!:thumbsup:
This meeting will operate best with a full entry list!!!

Not long left till the entry will close!!! This track is well proven to be a great competetive place to race!!! Look at the Players!!!

The BRCA have listened to us, the racer, and have provided us with a new race format, so can you, the racer, provide us with an early entry and a full event!!! No classes are 100% full yet!!! And I want to see em all full!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers Dc

bigred5765
29-12-2009, 09:05 PM
ares is in,not heard so i guess mattys in

ex-sco77morgan
29-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Sent today with sae fingers crossed

Jonesy
29-12-2009, 10:05 PM
ares is in,not heard so i guess mattys in

Should be ok Carl if the classes are not fullas DC states although I've received confirmation so it may be best checking with Charlie

David Church
30-12-2009, 06:09 AM
I recommend sending a SAE, this will prove your entry has been received.
But yes still spaces avaliable.
Let's make sure this event is full. The BRCA have listened to the racers and are trying this different race format!!!:thumbsup:

ashleyb4
30-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Where is everyone staying for this??? Travel lodge is closer but premier inn is cheaper and nicer :p But i dont want to be out on a limb.

A

David Church
30-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Travelodge. The pub/restaraunt on the other side of the round about has the best plate O meat!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmm

Belsten
30-12-2009, 06:21 PM
seconded, reasonable prices too :thumbsup:

Jonesy
30-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Where is everyone staying for this??? Travel lodge is closer but premier inn is cheaper and nicer :p But i dont want to be out on a limb.

A

Staying over, wish I was!! Got a Stag Night in Liverpool to attend, I won't be drinking but it's one I can't miss!

_sleigh_
30-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Travelodge for me too. Booked it the other night. :-)

David Church
30-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Travelodge for me too. Booked it the other night. :-)

The BIG question Phil is what cars will you be driving???

David Church
30-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Arghhhhh, he's gone offline without answering!!!!! Come on Phil:woot:

_sleigh_
30-12-2009, 07:12 PM
little one's with a whael at aech corner (probaebly) :p

David Church
30-12-2009, 07:13 PM
little one's with a whael at aech corner (probaebly) :p

Oh that helps!!!!! :thumbdown:

Come on dude, spill the beans!!!! We wanna know:thumbsup:

chris68nufc
30-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Just booked my room!! Travel lodge!

David Church
30-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Good job!!! You gotta come for the plate "O" meat!!!! :thumbsup:
oh and a few beers!!!

Belsten
30-12-2009, 07:51 PM
im travel lodging too !!! Meat fest :woot:

David Church
30-12-2009, 07:57 PM
im travel lodging too !!! Meat fest :woot:

OH YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

David Church
30-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Oh and it's Amish approved!!!:thumbsup:

Jonesy
30-12-2009, 08:02 PM
OH YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

Now I want to stay over :lol:

Spencer Mulcahy
30-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Dave have you looked close at Phils reply LOL.:thumbsup:

mark christopher
30-12-2009, 08:11 PM
im racing for both days :thumbsup:

Belsten
30-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Now I want to stay over :lol:

Get it done :thumbsup:

chris68nufc
30-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Dave have you looked close at Phils reply LOL.:thumbsup:

Good spot. DC must be drunk!!

David Church
30-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I have now!!!! But it took a bit:thumbsup:

David Church
30-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I had a heads up, but now see it for myself!! Big news here!!!!:thumbsup:

Belsten
30-12-2009, 08:38 PM
am i missing something other than an answer ?

ashleyb4
30-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Ive booked in to the travel lodge on the A1 Blyth purely because it was cheaper and for some odd reason it is cheaper tobook a room indervidually than book rooms together. I decided i was going to book my own room as i wanted a good nights sleep and didnt fancy putting up with my mum's snoring.:p:p

A

Spencer Mulcahy
30-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Look at his reply and raed it mate.:thumbsup:

GRIFF55
30-12-2009, 08:46 PM
oh its aemazing food in that pub!!! sent form today:blush:

mark christopher
30-12-2009, 08:54 PM

the ea are oddly AE's think cml....

mikeyscott
30-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Associated... shame it's not Schumacher!

Belsten
30-12-2009, 09:17 PM
thanks gents, one too many of the lady this evening me thinks :blush:

GRIFF55
30-12-2009, 09:18 PM
thats ok DAEVE!

_sleigh_
30-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Sorry I didn't say B4, but I've got dyslexia

Belsten
30-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry I didn't say B4, but I've got dyslexia

youre such a tease phil

MikePimlott
30-12-2009, 09:45 PM
youre such a tease phil

Should'nt that be "taese" :woot:

Well done Phil. :thumbsup:

DaveG28
30-12-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm booked into the travelodge too :thumbsup:

Jonesy
30-12-2009, 10:28 PM
thanks gents, one too many of the lady this evening me thinks :blush:

About time Belsten! Alas I am unable to stay over as the Best Man collected the money off me tonight for the Stag Night! I love Liverpool to be fair but it'll be hard not drinking and getting there when everyone else is leathered!!

PS: Good skills Sleigh, I knew already :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ashleyb4
30-12-2009, 10:33 PM
About time Belsten! Alas I am unable to stay over as the Best Man collected the money off me tonight for the Stag Night! I love Liverpool to be fair but it'll be hard not drinking and getting there when everyone else is leathered!!

As did I :p Good luck with the new drive Phil.

A

Belsten
30-12-2009, 10:33 PM

I note you arent extending the invite, probably a good idea :blush:

Jonesy
30-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I note you arent extending the invite, probably a good idea :blush:

Mate I'm sure you'd be more than welcome if you want to come along, it's a great night out!

mikeyscott
30-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Good luck with the year ahead Phil

Northy
08-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone,

Please be aware that you will only be able to use motors on the EB list that is valid at the time (gets updated often).

You will also ONLY be able to use batteries from the 2009 and before lists at the event as it is a BRCA National event run to National rules.

Regards,

Graham

chris68nufc
08-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Pesky Tech officers!!;)

David Church
08-01-2010, 05:16 PM
The BRCA would like to say a HUGE thanks to Mark Musgrove!!!!!:thumbsup:
He has taken it upon himself to help us promote this event by contacting loads of Worksop regulars to try and make sure this event is 100% full!!!
Many thanks Muzzy and a "Good Job" from the Dcmeister!!!

This even is not yet full, so get your entries in asap please!!!
Ask all the racers you know if they have entered, and find out why if they haven't!!!!!

Come on you lot let's Get it done!!!!!:thumbsup:

panch
08-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Travelodge Worksop booked, hope that's the one by the "plate o meat" pub :thumbsup:

David Church
08-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Travelodge Worksop booked, hope that's the one by the "plate o meat" pub :thumbsup:

Dude that "Plate O Meat" is awesome!!! I will def be eatin there!!!:thumbsup:

chris68nufc
08-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I had the 'plate o meat' at the last round of Worksop on Sat night. No problems!!

David Church
08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I had the 'plate o meat' at the last round of Worksop on Sat night. No problems!!

So how good was it???

chris68nufc
08-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Was ok. The 9 pints after it killed me though!!

David Church
08-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Was ok. The 9 pints after it killed me though!!

Hahahaha good job

Northy
08-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm guessing Damo, Stu, Shane, Jim? and me will be drinking the very drinkable local ale in the Angel again :thumbsup::thumbsup:

G

footey
08-01-2010, 06:09 PM
ill be there G not sure weather ill be the designated driver though;) we will need a big tank though for us all to get in { landrover }:thumbsup:

chris68nufc
08-01-2010, 08:25 PM
The Angel does some lovely food aswell, bit of a trek from Travellodge though:(

WHITTLER555
08-01-2010, 10:17 PM
ill be there G not sure weather ill be the designated driver though;) we will need a big tank though for us all to get in { landrover }:thumbsup:

We will get a taxi! I will need a drink after running 2WD!

David Church
08-01-2010, 10:24 PM
We will get a taxi! I will need a drink after running 2WD!

Erm??? Before 2 wheel drive!!!!!!!!!!! :p:thumbsup:

WHITTLER555
08-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Depends if I drive down Friday night or Saturday morning.

David Church
08-01-2010, 10:48 PM
So drive there friday then!!!

Belsten
08-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Erm??? Before 2 wheel drive!!!!!!!!!!! :p:thumbsup:

before & during & after :confused:

GRIFF55
09-01-2010, 12:04 AM
you need it bavid!! ha ha

DaveG28
09-01-2010, 02:07 AM
I'll be there Friday night for a plate 'o meat!

Northy
09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
The Angel does some lovely food aswell, bit of a trek from Travellodge though:(

It's not so far from our "Travellodge" :D:D:D

G

CharlieF
12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi Guys.
Just to remind all those who have not yet booked in for the British Winter Open Championship (Worksop) but intend doing so, that entries close on Saturday this week!! (January 16th).
I am aware that some entries which have been posted are still outstanding (weather effected) and I will confirm direct with these entrants tomorrow if their entries have not arrived by then.
By way of mail service performance, all entries received today were posted yesterday 11th January.
Regards.

pizzaman
12-01-2010, 09:15 PM
can some one confirm if there are any f3 places left? i will be able to post my entry form tommoz.
cheers

David Church
14-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Don't believe any class is 100% full yet, get your entries in, closing day Saturday!!!

A special message to Springer, come on man:p

Smartalec
14-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Don't believe any class is 100% full yet, get your entries in, closing day Saturday!!!

A special message to Springer, come on man:p
All done you bum :p

David Church
14-01-2010, 05:55 AM
All done you bum :p

Bout time!!!!:p

David Church
14-01-2010, 06:18 PM
A little bird told me that the F1 and F'2 class still have spaces avaliable!!!
F'3's+ are nearly there.

So come on you top drivers, get your entry in!!!
Time is nearly up and this event is being put on for you racers, let's show our support!!!

If you are a F-1 or a F-2 and are not going, please tell me why??? Either post here or send me a pm, this would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Dc

MattADH
14-01-2010, 06:20 PM
If you are a F-1 or a F-2 and are not going, please tell me why??? Either post here or send me a pm, this would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Dc

Like "naming and shaming" yourself!

David Church
14-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Like "naming and shaming" yourself!

haha, nice try, I had my confirmation ages ago!!!!:p

But are you booked in???:eh?:

MattADH
14-01-2010, 06:38 PM
I was trying to say that you are asking others who have not entered to post the reason why - hence, they are naming and shaming themselves if they dont have a good excuse!

Actually, I have entered... Got a busy few weeks with Petit, BRCA Winter Open and then the Nuremberg Toy Fair!

David Church
14-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I was trying to say that you are asking others who have not entered to post the reason why - hence, they are naming and shaming themselves if they dont have a good excuse!

Actually, I have entered... Got a busy few weeks with Petit, BRCA Winter Open and then the Nuremberg Toy Fair!

Doh, um, er, ugh, eeaaahhhhaaarrrggghhhh

Yeah thats it, well kinda, cause they could pm me and I would name and shame em haha

Just kidding, calm down!!!

I am confused now:confused: haha

David Church
14-01-2010, 06:41 PM
And before you ask, yes I am sober!!!!!!!!!!:p

Reevsey
14-01-2010, 09:56 PM
WHY WILL I NOT BE THERE.....

Moving house that weekend fingers crossed :p

spenner
14-01-2010, 10:01 PM
My name is John Spencer...

I have been an RC addict for the last 5 years.
I WON'T be attending the BRCA indoor winter meeting for the following reason.

I am W%nk at indoor racing!!!!

Wow that took alot to get off my chest, BUT!!! I have done it now....:thumbsup:

Jonesy
14-01-2010, 11:08 PM

Good skills Spenner :thumbsup:

David Church
15-01-2010, 06:19 AM

And you will never get any better unless you race indoors:p

spenner
15-01-2010, 11:49 AM
And you will never get any better unless you race indoors:p

I have tried for the last few years....

It becomes expensive as i break my car, so i have decided to not race indoors.
But... I am sure it will be a great meeting in the warm and dry and i would advise all to participate.

Errrrrr thats all folks..

Darren Boyle
15-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I know of a few A team and factory drivers who are unable to attend due to switching teams and equipment and the equipment (LIPO's) given to them in preperation for the 2010 season which are not able to be used (since the meeting is running to current rules and equipemnt from 2009 must be used).

I hope this does not prevent too many others from attending who have made the jump and changed equipment (or teams) over the winter on the hope that items will be approved....

Northy
15-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I hope this does not prevent too many others from attending who have made the jump and changed equipment (or teams) over the winter on the hope that items will be approved....

Sorry Darren, but this crops up EVERY year, I'd have thought people would have realised the rule by now.... :cry:

And as far as I'm aware, no one has ever tried to change it, yet..... :confused:

G

Darren Boyle
15-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Sorry Darren, but this crops up EVERY year, I'd have thought people would have realised the rule by now.... :cry:

And as far as I'm aware, no one has ever tried to change it, yet..... :confused:

G

G, But without a BRCA official event running last year and LIPO only being used for the first time last season, this is somthing many have not come across before. The amount of new LIPO's coming through as the new technology creeps in is astounding at present, somthing we never saw anywhere near as much with older NIMH and Nicads (which often were current for 2-3 seasons at a time......)

I am not racing myslef at that meeting since I cannot make the date, so it does not affect me personnally, I only comment on what LOTS have drivers have said and what many others possibly dont even realise.........

Northy
15-01-2010, 04:10 PM
But it was always the case with NIMH, and usually people said their cells were dead by the old Indoor Finals date and therefore they HAD to buy new :( Still no one thought about trying to change the rule......:cry:

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. The rule is there - we must stick to it.

G

Darren Boyle
15-01-2010, 04:16 PM
But it was always the case with NIMH, and usually people said their cells were dead by the old Indoor Finals date and therefore they HAD to buy new :( Still no one thought about trying to change the rule......:cry:

G

I agree.....

Just trying to give reasons why "some" F1/A team drivers are not entered. I know for sure that some drivers who have changed teams over the winter ONLY have new sponsors equipment that was not 2009 legal and is "expected" to appear on the 2010 lists, this reason will quitre possibly expalin a few of the absentees

Northy
15-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Agreed :) Isn't it nice when we all agree :thumbsup:

G

mark christopher
15-01-2010, 04:46 PM
hmmm i never realized after using what i have at worksops meeting, i have, cells waiting to be on the list..... looks like i may have to cancel both days!:cry:

Fabs
18-01-2010, 04:20 PM

G

But is this not NOT the indoors final ?

I just realised myself that my saddle lipos weren't legal and I'm NOT happy about that at all. Since there were no Orion saddle lipos available before that I have no other cells to use. What am I supposed to do?:confused:

Northy
18-01-2010, 04:26 PM
This is not the Indoor Finals Fabs, it is the BRCA National Winter Open. ;)

It is a National event, run the BRCA National rules, so you must run BRCA legal equipment, sorry.

G

Fabs
18-01-2010, 05:44 PM
This is not the Indoor Finals Fabs, it is the BRCA National Winter Open. ;)

It is a National event, run the BRCA National rules, so you must run BRCA legal equipment, sorry.

G

You say that but as far as I'm aware, there is nothing about this event in the BRCA rules, and since it's not a part of the national series, I don't think it HAS to be run to national rules.

I might just ask for a refund then :(

CharlieF
18-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Just to clarify 2010 BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section Rules at 4.1 Sactioned Events includes the British Winter Open Championship.
Check this out on the brca.org website.

Fabs
18-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Just to clarify 2010 BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section Rules at 4.1 Sactioned Events includes the British Winter Open Championship.
Check this out on the brca.org website.

Thank you for clarification charlie.

I can't help but notice this section just below:

4.2 The Junior & Veterans’ Championship, Inter-Regional F2 Championship and the Inter-Regional F3/F4/F5 Championship will follow the general format of National events. The British Winter Open Championship may run to a variation.

I understand that this is what allows the meeting to be run in reedy race format, with separate racing between formulas. So can't that rule also be applied to allow a wider range of lipos and accomodate everyone?

DaveG28
18-01-2010, 06:17 PM
No idea whether any official mechanism exists, I assume not, but would anyone actually have a problem with allowing these cells?? My car is stupidly fast anyway and would do 10 minute races, I wouldn't feel at any disadvantage if others used newer Lipo's!?

To be honest, the only new Lipo's I'm jnteresed in are any which are smaller, I really don't see the point in more performance in 10th offroad!

GRIFF55
18-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I have some made of straw and a nice weave on the outside if they are any interest to you young Dave??:p
On a serious note, is it only the 2009 brca list lipo ones allowed?

David Church
18-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I have some made of straw and a nice weave on the outside if they are any interest to you young Dave??:p
On a serious note, is it only the 2009 brca list lipo ones allowed?

Dave you can feed the hat to your donkey:thumbsup:

As far as lipo's??? Don't know. Never thought this would come up again about batteries.

DaveG28
18-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Dave you can feed the hat to your donkey:thumbsup:

As far as lipo's??? Don't know. Never thought this would come up again about batteries.

DC, it's in the calender, April - Sept is nationals, each summer there's Euro's and Belgium GP, every 2 years the worlds, and every January here in the Queens own country we fall out over batteries!!

And Griff, Straw Lipo's, would they pass the safety test???

Northy
18-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Only lipos that were legal for this years Nationals are legal - i.e. 2009 lists and before.

Nothing else can be legal as there isn't another list yet? :confused:

G

GRIFF55
18-01-2010, 07:49 PM
cheers G, no tp darks yet then

Northy
18-01-2010, 07:51 PM
cheers G, no tp darks yet then

Nope, I'm in the same situation, I have Dark Series lipos I won't be able to use either. :(

G

MattW
18-01-2010, 08:36 PM
It has always been an issue for Indoor Finals (let's not forget that's effectively what this meeting is - or at least the replacement for), for as long as i can remember.

Everyone has started buying their new gear, but it doesn't become legal until April.

Fabs
18-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Yes but with the entry form specifying that the event was run to 2010 rules, I had booked in believing that the BRCA knew what they were doing with regards to new stuff. Looks like I was wrong. Been offered to be lent a pack for my 4WD but it had deans and I don't run deans. This really is frustrating :cry:

bigred5765
18-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Agreed :) Isn't it nice when we all agree :thumbsup:

G

NOPE LOL:thumbsup::woot:

Darren Boyle
18-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Dont say I didnt warn anyone this would happen. Sooo many people I have spoke to at our shop alone did not realise this was the case with the LIPO's this year and I am still not sure if everyone who intends going fully understands yet......

Benh
19-01-2010, 12:24 AM
With xmas, snow and Petit, it slipped by. Shame, as I would like to have done this.

jcb
19-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I thought 90% of the reason for getting LIPO's was so you didn't have to buy new batteries every season anyway :eh?:

Needless to say I look forward to racing at Worksop at the end of the month

Pownabown
22-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Hey Guys

Is there any spaces left for the 4wd F5 on the sunday?
May be able to run but have only entered for saturday.
Plus can you run a 2wd in with the 4wd class?

Jonesy
22-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey Guys

2wd can be run in he 4wd drive event at BRCA Sanctioned Events as long as the 2wd is weighed down to 4wd legal weight which is 1588g (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong with the weight!)

David Church
22-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey Guys

PM sent:)

David Church
29-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Van is all loaded ready for this event. Off to work now and will be heading up north to Worksop!!! The "Plate O Meat" is calling!!!!! Will be heading for food about 5pm then to the track for 7pm, see you all there:thumbsup:

Jamie B4
29-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Hope everyone has a good weekend's racing this week at worsop, gutted I'm not going but looking forward to oncoming season.

Have a good one and plenty of results and updates needed

J

ashleyb4
29-01-2010, 10:38 AM
HEHE cant wait for this now... We where meant to be leaving at 10 but as you can see i didnt get up when i was meant to...

A

emzy
29-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Guys, is anyone heading over to Worksop from the Sheffield area on Sunday? Even just for a few hours? I'd really love to get over to take a look. Even if the lift was just one way, I could make my own way there / back.

Anybody?

Fabs
29-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Guys, is anyone heading over to Worksop from the Sheffield area on Sunday? Even just for a few hours? I'd really love to get over to take a look. Even if the lift was just one way, I could make my own way there / back.

Anybody?

Racing there so if you're up to get up early I'll give you a lift. :D Or a lift back.

quarter throttle
29-01-2010, 03:47 PM
just gettin in the bath then on the road to knowhere :woot:
Hopefully the trusty sat-nav will get us there!! cant wait!!:thumbsup:

Ash

mikeyscott
29-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Is there a live results feed etc. for the weekend?

Richard Law
29-01-2010, 07:07 PM
what time do things start tomorrow?

paulc
29-01-2010, 08:18 PM
doors open at 7 practice starts at 8 i think

GRIFF55
29-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Is there any live scoring anywhere?? would love to see results

Chequered Flag Racing
29-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Is there any live scoring anywhere?? would love to see results

me too, need something to do whilst working :thumbsup:

maybe BBK will be there

anyone know?

Richard Law
29-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks PaulC, much appreciated

See you all in the morning :thumbsup:

ashleyb4
29-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Just finished laying the track this evening and im really looking forward to it now :) Sitting in my hotel room about 20 meters from the A1 o god :( but its all fun :p.

I believe rob from BBK is there...

A

_sleigh_
29-01-2010, 11:50 PM
go to sleep you sad feck, you'll not be ready for practice if you don't sleep. :D

ashleyb4
30-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Im about to lol im just gettign a drink and cleaning my teath.

A

Jonesy
30-01-2010, 12:07 AM
go to sleep you sad feck, you'll not be ready for practice if you don't sleep. :D

A

You boys are there and not asleep I'm 2 hours away and not asleep!! Family Guy is too much fun!

See you both in the morning

PS: Ash, Phil is right you sad feck :p

Jonesy
30-01-2010, 12:08 AM

A

You boys are there and not asleep I'm 2 hours away and not asleep!! Family Guy is too much fun!

See you both in the morning

PS: Ash, Phil is right you sad feck :p

GRIFF55
30-01-2010, 12:55 PM
anybody got any news of whos doing what today?? (at the open!!)

rc boy
30-01-2010, 02:41 PM
i read off a different post that mossy has took the first two legs :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
30-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Matt, it is being run to Reedy style, he won his first two races not A final legs.... They have five rounds with four to count I believe to decide all the winners

GRIFF55
30-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Who's there then? any news???

James
30-01-2010, 10:12 PM
F1's:

1 - Simon Moss Cougar SV
2 - Tom Yardy B4
3 - Colin May X6
4 - Matt Dodd X6
5 - Nathan Waters X6
6 - Phil Sleigh B4
7 - Richard Lowe B4
8 - Matt Benfiedl B4
9 - James Helliwell X6
10 - Tom Cockerill Cougar SV

F2's:

1 - Matt White X6
2 - Tony Bishop X6
3 - Brett Birch B4
4 - Dave Belsten B4
5 - Richard Coates X6
6 - James Dixon X6
7 - Mathew Owen X6
8 - David Poulter B4
9 - David Gibson B4
10 - Alec Springer CR2

F345's

1 - Eugene Galley RB5
2 - Steven Bond B4
3 - Olly Vaux X6
4 - Mark Christopher X6
5 - Chris Lake
6 - Leon Morrell X6
7 - Richard Davies
8 - Nathan Powney
9 - Jon Walton
10 - Antony Hart

mikeyscott
30-01-2010, 10:24 PM
B4s and X6 certainly dominate the numbers

Cockerill
30-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Them results aren't right Ralph :( I finished 10th overall.

Full results are here: http://bbk-online.net/bbkresults/brcawo2wd/reor6.htm

James
30-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Them results aren't right Ralph :( I finished 10th overall.

Full results are here: http://bbk-online.net/bbkresults/brcawo2wd/reor6.htm

Edited, think theyre right now :eh?:

IceMike
30-01-2010, 10:43 PM
B4s and X6 certainly dominate the numbers

given the fact that there are only 3 new schumachers in the field, and very few other cars that ppl use its not really that suprising. Im sure the 4wd will have loads of different cars

GRIFF55
31-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Any 4wd results please guys??:thumbsup:

James
31-01-2010, 07:24 PM
F1's

From memory, it went something like this :eh?:

1 - Simon Moss Cat SX
2 - Richard Lowe BJ4 (i think)
3 - Paul Bradby B44 (i think)
4 - Tom Yardy BMax (i think)
5 - Nathan Waters Durango (i think)
6 - Colin May Cat SX (i think)
7 - Tom Cockerill Cat SX (i think)
8 - Nathan Ralls Cat SX
9 - Craig Collinson Durango
10 - James Helliwell Durango

F2's

1 - Graham North Durango

matdodd
31-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Yardy was 4th with a B-max4 FT

mikeyscott
31-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Tom Yardy with a Cat SX? That can't be right

James
31-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Tom Yardy with a Cat SX? That can't be right

Yeah sorry BMax, I'm sure official results will be up soon.

mikeyscott
31-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah sorry BMax, I'm sure official results will be up soon.

Shame... Oh well :)

ashleyb4
31-01-2010, 08:43 PM
WWWOOO what a weekend great weekends racing enjoyed it :)

A

Fabs
31-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Nathan Ralls 8th

niggs98
31-01-2010, 09:30 PM
F1's

From memory, it went something like this :eh?:

1 - Simon Moss Cat SX
2 - Richard Lowe BJ4 (i think)
3 - Paul Bradby B44 (i think)
4 - Tom Yardy BMax (i think)
5 - Nathan Waters Durango (i think)
6 - Colin May Cat SX (i think)
7 - Tom Cockerill Cat SX (i think)
8 - Nathan Ralls cat sx
9 - Craig Collinson Durango
10 - James Helliwell Durango

F2's

1 - Graham North Durango

gives up a ralph always forgets me:woot: shall fill in the gap :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
31-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Nice amount of Cat SXs in the final :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
31-01-2010, 09:39 PM
There were no finals, it was Reedy format, 5 rounds of straight races with points awarded on postions, lowest score wins overall, 4 from 5 rounds to count......

ashleyb4
31-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Just hooked the camera up got a few pics not loads unfortunatly...

The view from my hotel window thats the A1 about 15 meters from my window...

http://i49.tinypic.com/16hiv80.jpg

Also got a video of Jimmy's durango with camera on. Almost got the whole minute but pressed the off button oops...

Its uploading to the tube as we speak...

A

ashleyb4
31-01-2010, 11:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcRRu6Szbrk

I wanted more sparks but didnt work :(

http://i45.tinypic.com/2199rmq.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2e52xy8.jpg

A

DaveG28
01-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Just wanna say a big thanks to all involved, had a great weekend cheers!

Meeting ran very slickly and finished at a good early time for the trip home, and had awesome fun, can't wait to see the camera car footage and other oople madness!!

mark christopher
01-02-2010, 10:26 AM
nice video ash that mixed with jimmys in car footage would be awsome!!

GRIFF55
01-02-2010, 12:03 PM
nice vid ash, look at Dave 'downramp' Belsten go!!!! He gets the downramp evertime. Your my HERO!!!!

DaveG28
01-02-2010, 07:53 PM
nice vid ash, look at Dave 'downramp' Belsten go!!!! He gets the downramp evertime. Your my HERO!!!!

Everytime until the slowdown lap after his last race, when he nearly became "Row C Belsten"!:thumbsup:

David Church
01-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Or "Take my hand out of pocket 3 seconds before the start" Belston!!! Dude you are ultra cool:cool:

Jonesy
01-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Everytime until the slowdown lap after his last race, when he nearly became "Row C Belsten"!:thumbsup:

He never had enough speed to reach Row A let alone Row C :p

He's still my 'air' hero :wub

DaveG28
01-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Or "Take my hand out of pocket 3 seconds before the start" Belston!!! Dude you are ultra cool:cool:

Ha ha yeah do you remember when we were watching, I really thought he was actually going to start one handed, Moss stylee :thumbsup:

David Church
01-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Ha ha yeah do you remember when we were watching, I really thought he was actually going to start one handed, Moss stylee :thumbsup:

Hahahahaha, QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a legend:thumbsup:

Freakypen
04-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Any pics around-or can I just not find them?:woot::)

niggs98
04-02-2010, 07:51 AM
depends on joffrey. am hoping the report will be up today to go with the schuy stuff as asked ;)

Belsten
04-02-2010, 07:32 PM
gays, do one

Jonesy
04-02-2010, 10:23 PM
gays, do one

Nice come back Big Air!

Jamie B4
05-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Way to go Davey boy, if they can not beat you then they may aswell join you! Row C i believe wasn't it (at least)

J