PDA

View Full Version : FTX blaze set up

mikepro4
19-11-2009, 10:42 PM
dear all
Has any one got any starting set up suggestions or links too for The blaze or should i just leave is as it came out of the box?
she already got a reedy 6100kv Brushless combo fitted and do not want to raid the bank for loads of extras as this is a new class we hope to start in 2010.
We are running on a polished wood flooring and as far as i know can use yellow rally blocks or Mini pins but i have no idea of what if any adjustment should be made.

Smartalec
20-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Unfortunately you will struggle on polished wooden floor with either of the two tyre choices given. The tyre to use would be the Schumacher Rally Block in WHITE compound. This is much softer and would give you the necessary grip and despite all the rumours they would not wear out any quicker than a set of yellows. This is because you won't be using the tread to grip you will be using the softness of the tyre, so the tread wearing out will not effect the grip and they should be fine for ages even without any tread on. On carpet it would obviously be different and you would need the tread a bit more, my experience of the white blocks is the more worn they become then the softer they get, this is where I think it would help out on the wood. But obviously if the club stick to their seemingly endless rules then there's nothing you can do but run what they say :confused:

You could try softening the suspension up to gain grip and in theory because the Blaze is narrower than the Shark it could give you a slight edge on the slippy stuff (this is a maybe).

Hope this helps :)

learnerdriver
20-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Unfortunately you will struggle on polished wooden floor with either of the two tyre choices given. The tyre to use would be the Schumacher Rally Block in WHITE compound. This is much softer and would give you the necessary grip and despite all the rumours they would not wear out any quicker than a set of yellows. This is because you won't be using the tread to grip you will be using the softness of the tyre, so the tread wearing out will not effect the grip and they should be fine for ages even without any tread on. On carpet it would obviously be different and you would need the tread a bit more, my experience of the white blocks is the more worn they become then the softer they get, this is where I think it would help out on the wood. But obviously if the club stick to their seemingly endless rules then there's nothing you can do but run what they say :confused:

You could try softening the suspension up to gain grip and in theory because the Blaze is narrower than the Shark it could give you a slight edge on the slippy stuff (this is a maybe).

Hope this helps :)

Alec is correct-schumacher WHITE rally blocks are the tyres to use for micros on polished wood floor :thumbsup: suggest you leave it as kit setup to start with and get use to the micro first-we are hoping to have a setup evening before xmas where you can do a few laps, change something and go out again and see if you notice the difference :blush:

they are running micros this sunday at aylesbury if you want to race or have a look (pm me if you need any more info)
cheers