PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Competition - December's Round

peetbee
24-11-2009, 04:06 PM
How does the 4th December fit in with everyone's plans?

Simon - if you're reading this, is it enough time to dust off your TerraScorcher to give Andy's Thundershot a run for it's money?!

peetbee
24-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Forgot to add, this is the current positions after 4 rounds:
1 - Pete Belsten - 360 points
2 - Matt Lovett - 290 points
3 - Dave Belsten - 200 points
4 - Mike Baldwin - 190 points
5 - Andy Nancollis - 130 points
6 - James Instone - 90 points
=7 - Craig Harris - 70 points
=7 - Lee Panchy - 70 points
8 - James Maggs - 60 points

The original idea was to have 5 rounds with the best 3 to count - which would make this the last round.
We can then present the trophy and prizes to the winners:thumbsup:

DCM
24-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Pete, this means, there is a good chance you could finally win a Championship.... now lock Dave's beasts away lol :woot:

Dyna
24-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Hmmm thats next Friday.... yeah i think i can get the Top Force Evo ready by then...

Actually, i think its impossible for anyone to beat you now isn't it Pete ?

Edit - nope, i still can... if you dont turn up and race that is LOL

peetbee
24-11-2009, 09:10 PM
It's best 3 from 5 so if Dave turns up and wins again then he'd win with a maximum 300, so it's closer than you'd think.
For the individual round scores the topic on ukmicro still has all of them (I'm too lazy er busy to compile an easy to read table):p

GRIFF55
24-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Whens the caldicot chrimbo bash pete? Is there gona be one again this yaer as they are great fun!!

Si G
24-11-2009, 10:28 PM
How does the 4th December fit in with everyone's plans?

Simon - if you're reading this, is it enough time to dust off your TerraScorcher to give Andy's Thundershot a run for it's money?!

Do you think I'll get away with using Sanyo 1200 SCRs?

peetbee
24-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Well, they're vintage too aren't they?! As long as they work bring them along:thumbsup:

Griff you have a pm.

Belsten
25-11-2009, 03:30 PM
4th is good for me :thumbsup:

blue_pinky
25-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Boooo...think I'm busy that night!!! :mad:

peetbee
25-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Nooo, I wanted to see a three way shaft drive Tamiya battle, mainly to see who's plastic has stood the test of time the best!:woot:

Dyna
25-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Damn, Daves racng then... thats 1st place overall gone to him then... :lol:

Unless.... hhmmmm... some nice sharp bits of metal over in the corner of the workshop.... would go nicely stuck on the Top Force to shred the oppositions tyres.... :woot:

Or failing that, i could just cut the track each lap :p

I was going to run brushless in it, but frankly i dont think its a good idea due to the gearbox looking rather worn... so i reckon its something like a 13 Double and 4200's for me to be safe and stop the gears from jumping out the 'box...

blue_pinky
26-11-2009, 09:32 AM
There's a slim chance I'll be able to make it...if I do...best you get the ear defenders out!

Remind me though Pete...or anyone else for that matter)...what sort of wheels fit those 12mm hex's? As in which other 4wd's use them?

Need to find a set of wheels & tyres to beg steel or borrow for the night...preferably some worn minispikes...those minipins I borrowed off you were toooo grippy...and the original tyres I have are like driving drift styleeee!

Can't hurt to be prepared...just in case I do make it!

peetbee
26-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Well fingers crossed that you can make it!

Any kyosho or later Tamiya wheel will fit Andy, alternatively Academy wheels will fit, they're probably cheaper.
In fact there's a chance that if you talk nicely to Matt he may have some spare Top Force wheels as they use the same hex.

I still can't find that spare set of my wheels and tyres and I'm using the minipins on the Mid now.

Dyna
26-11-2009, 03:58 PM
The old Kyosho Lazer wheels will fit Andy, and ive got a good set ready for you to borrow. Plus a set of Tamiya Ballistic Buggy rims as well, ill dig those out just in case.

Unfortunately ive no spare Schumy yellows though.

blue_pinky
26-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Cool, cheers! That's a good start...just need to find tyres now then!

Hmmm is it worth stumping up the $$$ for new tyres??? Mmmmm...maybe I'll wait to see if I can make it first.

Or...When you boil tyres off the rims does that destroy the tyres? Probably got some good enough sets on associated rims that I could reuse if they do.

yupster
26-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Or...When you boil tyres off the rims does that destroy the tyres? Probably got some good enough sets on associated rims that I could reuse if they do.

I've never reused tyres after I've boiled them off but they come off in one piece and the tyres seem ok but I've only done it with Shumy yellows..........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dyna
01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Balders has promised, on pain of death, that he will get his Bosscat ready for Friday's last Vintage round :)

Actually he hasnt as such, but i reckon posting here is a good way to get him to get it ready in time - or its a Lazer ZX for him again :p

We got to have some buggies other than Kyoshos, or i really will be outnumbered unless Andy does race with his Thundershot, or Si with his old Tamiya :lol:

peetbee
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Surely Balders can dust off his RC10?
I notice that Lee is trying to repair his Cougar 2 so fingers crossed that he can come over and add to the non Kyosho runners!

peetbee
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Well we had an excellent night's racing - first time I've seen a Top Force raced in anger for many years!!!
Mike's Lazer belt managed to last the evening, mainly because his clutch was incredibly loose! And because of that I managed to pip him to the win. However, Matt's Top Force was flying (well until a wheel fell off!).

And the final positions (best 3 rounds from 5) were:
1 - Pete Belsten - 290 points - Kyosho Optima Mid SWB
2 - Mike Baldwin - 280 points - Associated RC10 & Kyosho Lazer
3 - Matt Lovett - 210 points - Traxxas TRX1, Kyosho Lazer, Tamiya Top Force
4 - Dave Belsten - 200 points - Kyosho Optima Mid LWB
5 - Andy Nancollis - 130 points - Tamiya Thundershot
6 - James Instone - 90 points - Kyosho Lazer
=7 - Craig Harris - 70 points - Traxxas TRX1
=7 - Lee Panchy - 70 points - Schumacher Cougar 2
8 - James Maggs - 60 points - Losi Jrx Pro SE

Welshy40
05-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Well we had an excellent night's racing - first time I've seen a Top Force raced in anger for many years!!!
Mike's Lazer belt managed to last the evening, mainly because his clutch was incredibly loose! And because of that I managed to pip him to the win. However, Matt's Top Force was flying (well until a wheel fell off!).

And the final positions (best 3 rounds from 5) were:
1 - Pete Belsten - 290 points - Kyosho Optima Mid SWB
2 - Mike Baldwin - 280 points - Associated RC10 & Kyosho Lazer
3 - Matt Lovett - 210 points - Traxxas TRX1, Kyosho Lazer, Tamiya Top Force
4 - Dave Belsten - 200 points - Kyosho Optima Mid LWB
5 - Andy Nancollis - 130 points - Tamiya Thundershot
6 - James Instone - 90 points - Kyosho Lazer
=7 - Craig Harris - 70 points - Traxxas TRX1
=7 - Lee Panchy - 70 points - Schumacher Cougar 2
8 - James Maggs - 60 points - Losi Jrx Pro SE

Well done Pete in winning it. Great fun. Im going to try and persuade my wife to let me do the series next year.

Didnt realise Craig had a Lazer.

Dyna
06-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Lol yeah it was fun, once i got the motor/pinion issues sorted and worked out how to drive around the distinct lack of turn-in, and of course after i .... ahem... found my front wheel after it flew off, the old Top Force was running very well :)

If only there were more nutters to actually drive their old Vintage buggies instead of gathering dust on a shelf ... it really is good fun :thumbsup:

Congrats on the series win Pete, and maybe lets see if we can do another vintage series next year sometime ?

peetbee
06-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Welshy - Craig doesn't, he borrowed Balders Trx1! I've corrected the list now:blush:
Dyna - Definitely, the more nutters the better! We'll give the old cars a break for now but if we can get enough interest then I'd be up for another series next year.