PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Durango so expensive?

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi!
I have though about it for a while if I should buy a Durango or not, but recently I have started to wonder why its so expensive. A B44 is $320, DEX410 is $750. How come the Durango is more than twice as expensive as the DEX410? It doesnt really have more expensive components than the B44, and it should be really less expensive to produce the DEX410 than a RC8B, but no,no the RC8B is $499. This freaks me out. How can a 1/10th be more expensive than a 1/8th? What will Durangos 1/8th cost if the 1/10th is this expensive? Like $1000?

I have to admit that the Durango is cool and probably a great car, but dont you think its way to expensive? Do anyone know it the car will be sold at rcmushroom.com or other cheap sites soon? Or is there any other shop that sells the DEX410 cheaper than directly from the Durango site? Because this is redicilous.

mikeyscott
24-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I doubt it'll turn up at RC Mushroom for a while as Durango don't want to devalue their product.

The amount I've spent on my Cat SX getting the various option parts I've probably spent near Durango price..

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I doubt it'll turn up at RC Mushroom for a while as Durango don't want to devalue their product.

The amount I've spent on my Cat SX getting the various option parts I've probably spent near Durango price..

Last season I raced a BMAX4 with champ pack for $250 and it works great. I wonder if the additional $500 dollars will even make me a second faster on 5 minutes. I mean, the Durango is 3 times more expensive than my Yokomo.. Thats just sick.

jimmy
24-11-2009, 04:23 PM
It has much - much higher quality components and costs a lot more to produce. If the B44 was built to the same specs it would cost the same - there's no arguing about that.

Why does the RC8 cost less than the DEX410 when it has a similar quality (debateable - I don't know) or components? Because its an 8th buggy - which naturally sells in higher volumes because of the size and popularity of that class of racing.

The b44 is a great car - but it's in no way comparable to a Durango in terms of materials or design time or what's included in the kit. If you want something comparable, wait for the Durango DEX410R - which should be much more on par with the B44 pricing and use less of the expensive alloy parts that come with the DEX410 and therefore be similar in spec to the B44.

DCM
24-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Got to agree with Jimmy, the DEX410 is definately a Botique car, and the B44 more supermarket. Not saying that the Durango would be faster than the B44, but you got to look at the extra expenses of the car, quality and what not.

The Durango must be worth it, as there has been lots sold, and a car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

bigred5765
24-11-2009, 04:33 PM
hmm i look at it this way a Aston martin is big big bucks, but it has 4 wheels and a engine so does a skoda both do the same job why the big price difference, as already stated i guess quality of machined parts and production costs, you gets what you pay for,wana spend less buy a tomy or tonka,

Tom3012
24-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Plus Associated are a big company when compared the Durango... (least i think so?)

You have to think though, why would Durango reduce the prics of their car when people are buying it at the price it is?

Its like when the lipo regulations came out... the pack has to cost less than £100 (something like that anyway)... So most companies that were selling theres for less bumped the price up to £90 ish, just because they could!

Team Durango UK
24-11-2009, 04:36 PM
The DEX410 is US$650 not US$750.

bondy
24-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Until you have built one :confused:
Until you have driven one :confused:
Until you have maintained one :confused:

you will not understand ! The power of the Dark Side :bored: that is the

"DURANGO" :thumbsup:

I have had them all Cat/Yoko/Kyosho etc nothing compares !

Rebelrc
24-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Bondy
You said it in one post:thumbsup:

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 05:07 PM
The DEX410 is US$650 not US$750.

Yesterday the price was 749.99 on Durangos site. I thought they bumped the price another 100 bucks. Guess it was a typo then since its back to 650 now. Thats a more reasonable price. Ill order one as fast as they are back in stock :)

trap121
24-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Yesterday the price was 749.99 on Durangos site. I thought they bumped the price another 100 bucks. Guess it was a typo then since its back to 650 now. Thats a more reasonable price. Ill order one as fast as they are back in stock :)

You wont be disapponted. Ive had 3 race's with mine and have not broke anything. The guys I race with are using, B44, Losi, Kyosho and every time they break one or two things. Our track is a clay/dirt, rough with big jumps and the durango takes all the abuse without stopping.

Like the other posts said, once you build you will undestand. It is a high quality car.

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Just one last question! If I order it from durangos site, do they write the actual value on the package so I have to pay taxes etc or do they write that its worth like 50 bucks as when you order from HK?

Gayo
24-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Durango is starting from scratch and had to make lots of moulds to produce the Dex 410.
On the other hand AE uses TC3 gears and housings, B4 rear arms, cheap CF for the chassis and sells way more kits and products.

blue_pinky
24-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Quality of parts is one thing, volume of sales is another massive factor...

The same component will cost you more to make and sell the less you make of them...and that cost is passed on to the customer. Setup and tooling is amortised across the volume you produce

A rough example...not accurate in any way, but just to give you an idea...

A kit costs £200K in tooling and setup, £50k in development, marketing, etc.

Durango sell 1000 kits say...that £250k setup is split across those 1000 kits...so before you've actually bought the materials, or made any kits they've already cost you £250 per car! You then make the parts, and package them, send them to your distributors...the price of that needs adding as well....

Associated sell 10,000 kits say...so straight away they have a big advantage...each of their kits only have say £25 of setup cost to recover...they've already got a £225 advantage on the likes of durango.

It's a very rough, and nowhere near that simple in reality...but gives you an idea! :)

DaveG28
24-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Ok, don't want to cause trouble here in a section in a car I don't own, but I also think it's only fair for people to be given a rounded impression:

First of all, the comments about Durango being startup, the volumes issue and AE using parts from other cars are all good reasons for extra cost.

Secondly, it is a gorgeous car and I assume metal gears/metal chassis etc are high cost items.

Thirdly, it's bloody tough, I've seen them take big hits without breaking, and the shock towers/gearbox cases seem from an outsiders view to be especially impressive.

Fourthly, it does seem a bloody quick car!

However....I keep gearing about "higher quality parts". This may be true, and I assume people will say so on here, but I have also been told by multiple owners of issues with the turnbuckles/slop appearing very quickly/faster than expected wearing of parts/cvds wearing out etc, more so than on other cars. If I'm wrong on that then please do correct me, but I wouldn't expect those issues on a car if I keep getting told about "higher quality parts" and paying extra!

I'm not slagging the car off here, I'm just saying that the fact it's quick, great looking, uses expensive materials, is tougher in accidents and a unique design philosophy are enough to justify the extra cost without also claiming higher quality if that's not the case!

If it really is higher quality then as I say, please put me right on here, and hopefully such responses will stop this being seen as negative, and convince even more people about it!

Alex H
24-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Best spent penny's ever. I wont look at other cars no more. There is no equal out there. Just have to wait until the 2wd arrives also.
http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.google.com/favicon.ico (http://www.google.com/search?q=After%20building%20it%20a%20tought%20occu red%20to%20me.)http://www.babylon.com/favicon.ico

mpg200
24-11-2009, 06:53 PM
What about market forces?
As I understand it, one rule of business is you can only charge what the market with withstand. Clearly people are prepared to pay the price for this piece of engineering, so the manufacturer can charge this.

MRD
24-11-2009, 07:19 PM
I beat a few Durango's at the Players with my Tamiya Durga :woot:, altho to be fair its probably got Durango money in it.

chris68nufc
24-11-2009, 07:33 PM
http://www.team-durango.com/ All i can see is out of stock? Is there antwhaer that you can get them from at the moment? I was told by Adam himself that it would be December 9th??:confused:

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Just one last question! If I order it from durangos site, do they write the actual value on the package so I have to pay taxes etc or do they write that its worth like 50 bucks as when you order from HK?

Bump! :D

mark christopher
24-11-2009, 09:06 PM
there a legal ligit company i guess they do things correctly

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 09:19 PM
there a legal ligit company i guess they do things correctly

Any tip on UK shops that ship overseas that do it the "illegal" way? Whats the price on the durango in england?

MALLET
24-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes I know where there is one... its in my Mates shop.

Told him to put it on Ebay and tell them you'll ship world wide :lol:

mark christopher
24-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Durango is starting from scratch and had to make lots of moulds to produce the Dex 410.
On the other hand AE uses TC3 gears and housings, B4 rear arms, cheap CF for the chassis and sells way more kits and products.
not quite true, serpent did the tooling when it was going to be the s500, but as bondy said till you have driven and used one, its not till then you apreciate what it is.
as for wear, i supose we wont have to keep rebuilding diffs with plates thrust races and good balls at around £20 to £30 a diff!

mark christopher
24-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Any tip on UK shops that ship overseas that do it the "illegal" way? Whats the price on the durango in england?
we dont have to pay taxes to ship stuff out, you may have to to recieve it tho
where are you?

Gayo
24-11-2009, 10:41 PM
not quite true, serpent did the tooling when it was going to be the s500

Okay maybe, but someone must pay that tooling. I don't think Serpent gave the molds for free to Gerd when they gave up on the S500...

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I just dont get it.. Now the price is back at $747.50 at durangos site.... They changed the price trice today?

Nige
24-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I just dont get it.. Now the price is back at $747.50 at durangos site.... They changed the price trice today?

Could the changes be due to exchange rate fluctuations between the £ and $ ?

Si Coe
24-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Of course the single most important reason the Durango is so expensive is:

People will pay for it

In reality its that simple. Its also why TRF cars are pricy too, people are willing to stump up the cash.
If they weren't, the production Durango would have a host of cost saving features to bring its price down in line with what people were willing to pay.

Personally I don't mind how much the Durango costs, just as long as you can buy a B44 for a faction of the cost and still be competitive. If folks with spare cash want a no expense spared car thats cool with me, just as long as it doesn't drive up the costs for everyone else too.

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Of course the single most important reason the Durango is so expensive is:

People will pay for it

In reality its that simple. Its also why TRF cars are pricy too, people are willing to stump up the cash.
If they weren't, the production Durango would have a host of cost saving features to bring its price down in line with what people were willing to pay.

Personally I don't mind how much the Durango costs, just as long as you can buy a B44 for a faction of the cost and still be competitive. If folks with spare cash want a no expense spared car thats cool with me, just as long as it doesn't drive up the costs for everyone else too.

The Tamiya is less than 300 bucks..

infanterene
24-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Its back at $650 now. I think they are doing some work on the website.

The car is so easy to work on and drives so good the price is justifiable. I wish it were closer to $550 shipped. If it were Id buy 1 or 2 more.

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Could the changes be due to exchange rate fluctuations between the £ and $ ?

I doubt it since the price droped 100 bucks in a few hours, then highered 100 bucks again.. And the pound to us dollars shouldnt matter since its a dutch based company.

Dundermuffen
24-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Its back at $650 now. I think they are doing some work on the website.

The car is so easy to work on and drives so good the price is justifiable. I wish it were closer to $550 shipped. If it were Id buy 1 or 2 more.

It still says 747.50 >.<

DCM
24-11-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't see what the problem is, when people are happy to buy a B4FT, then an X6sq conversion, Losi Shocks, driveshafts, hangers etc... thats got to be up to the £350 mark.... or the X5sq, and sourcing either a used XX4 and new parts, plus conversion, etc.

So people are willing to pay through the nose, for an expected performance.

HyperFX
25-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but $650 is a small price to pay
for a newly produced car that can do this in only a few months:

French National 4wd Champ
Italian National 4wd Champ
German National 4wd Champ
Japanese National 4wd Champ
World 4wd Champ

littlened
25-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Okay maybe, but someone must pay that tooling. I don't think Serpent gave the molds for free to Gerd when they gave up on the S500...

That also produces another question, who owns the tool or the rights for the parts? Is it possible that serpant could produce a durango car themselves?

You just have the look at the situation when MG Rover when under, one chinese company owned the tooling while another owned the rights. So the tooling was worth nothing. (it was something like that anyway).

DaveG28
25-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but $650 is a small price to pay
for a newly produced car that can do this in only a few months:

French National 4wd Champ
Italian National 4wd Champ
German National 4wd Champ
Japanese National 4wd Champ
World 4wd Champ

It won in Japan, thought it was 3rd, not first?

The actual hardest to win championships in 2009 at a guess would be Japan, US, Euro and UK. It wasn't in UK in time, don't think any major driver ran it at US did they thus year(?), never looked like winning the Euro's but was in the A final so a good run, and if it really did win in Japan then that's very impressive! Next year will be the proof of the pudding though!

DaveG28
25-11-2009, 08:15 AM
The Tamiya is less than 300 bucks..

Out of interest mate, where?

I can't find it for under $450?

jimmy
25-11-2009, 08:43 AM
*shakes head at dave for Durango bashing - again!*

:lol:

You should just get one Dave - I know you want one! If it makes it any easier - you can always put Tamiya stickers on it and pretend?:p

HyperFX
25-11-2009, 09:00 AM
I fear I've posted faulty info. My bad. But, 3 Nats and a Worlds isn't too shabby. :thumbsup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/AdvenTurer/RC/DEX410/000dex410flags.jpg

littlened
25-11-2009, 09:03 AM
*shakes head at dave for Durango bashing - again!*

:lol:

You should just get one Dave - I know you want one! If it makes it any easier - you can always put Tamiya stickers on it and pretend?:p

Or put some durango stickers on the Tamiya :lol:

DaveG28
25-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Aww guys you know it's not bashing, overall I've been pretty complementary!

Just think if anyone is struggling to fund buying one they should only be given the impression it requires less maintenance (and thus less money going forwards) if that's true. From what I've seen/heard that's certainly true in terms of less breakages and maybe less diff maintenance (not sure when if ever those metal gears wear out?), but offset in other area's (cvd's/ballstuds and cups etc)!?

I'm just saying the car is so good in terms of speed/design/funkiness that there's no need to justify the extra cost by also claiming other things which may not be true!?

Though really Jimmy's nearly right, if I ran anything but the Tamiya (Euro champ :p) I probably would be jealous, they do look awesome and so many of the damn things beat me all the time:thumbdown:

offroadrc
25-11-2009, 10:21 AM
i have one and normally i ended one of the last in any race, at my first race with the durango i was at the front of the B finale with terminal problems on the novak gtb.
this car is just great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEqTuyB-b2c

Northy
25-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Aww guys you know it's not bashing, overall I've been pretty complementary!

Just think if anyone is struggling to fund buying one they should only be given the impression it requires less maintenance (and thus less money going forwards) if that's true. From what I've seen/heard that's certainly true in terms of less breakages and maybe less diff maintenance (not sure when if ever those metal gears wear out?), but offset in other area's (cvd's/ballstuds and cups etc)!?

I'm just saying the car is so good in terms of speed/design/funkiness that there's no need to justify the extra cost by also claiming other things which may not be true!?

Though really Jimmy's nearly right, if I ran anything but the Tamiya (Euro champ :p) I probably would be jealous, they do look awesome and so many of the damn things beat me all the time:thumbdown:

Nothing wrong with the ballstuds/rodends imho Dave, how are the ones in your TRF511 kit btw? :p:p
:lol::lol::lol:

G

jimmy
25-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Touche! :lol:

DaveG28
25-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Nothing wrong with the ballstuds/rodends imho Dave, how are the ones in your TRF511 kit btw? :p:p
:lol::lol::lol:

G

Fine Northy, not had a single one pop off since I built it!

We'll ignore at this point the fact that the Tamiya kit ballstuds are so s*it I had to buy their option ones to use, and that it doesn't cone with titanium turnbuckles and the Tamiya blue ones cost me about another £40 or something, if that's ok with you!:blush:

Cooper
25-11-2009, 11:31 AM
i have one and normally i ended one of the last in any race, at my first race with the durango i was at the front of the B finale with terminal problems on the novak gtb.
this car is just great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEqTuyB-b2c

There only was an A and B final in 4wd...

mark christopher
25-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Your right they were handed to the owners of durango ;)

mark christopher
25-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I doubt it since the price droped 100 bucks in a few hours, then highered 100 bucks again.. And the pound to us dollars shouldnt matter since its a dutch based company.

?durango isnt a dutch company!

Northy
25-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Fine Northy, not had a single one pop off since I built it!

We'll ignore at this point the fact that the Tamiya kit ballstuds are so s*it I had to buy their option ones to use, and that it doesn't cone with titanium turnbuckles and the Tamiya blue ones cost me about another £40 or something, if that's ok with you!:blush:

http://socialmedialawstudent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/vader-fail1.jpg

DaveG28
25-11-2009, 11:43 AM
http://socialmedialawstudent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/vader-fail1.jpg

Have to admit, think I got owned back there!:cry:

offroadrc
25-11-2009, 11:55 AM
There only was an A and B final in 4wd...

yes sow? i was 4th in the B with an esc that was shuting down.

Dave C
25-11-2009, 12:27 PM
yes sow? i was 4th in the B with an esc that was shuting down.

i saw your electronics in your durango, it was a real mess...
as your car shut down 10 times in a heat i could not understand why you keep it driving..., it was a real trouble for other people who want to qualify, when a car is standing still on the track like yours 10 or more times, it's pretty dangerous

i still don't get why peoples like you do such things, when your car is not driveble, than STOP that heat

on topic
the durango is worth the money:thumbsup:
in the past i had a 501x and with tons on upgrades the car cost me more than a durango
and the durango is good out the box

DaveG28
25-11-2009, 12:42 PM
i saw your electronics in your durango, it was a real mess...
as your car shut down 10 times in a heat i could not understand why you keep it driving..., it was a real trouble for other people who want to qualify, when a car is standing still on the track like yours 10 or more times, it's pretty dangerous

i still don't get why peoples like you do such things, when your car is not driveble, than STOP that heat

on topic
the durango is worth the money:thumbsup:
in the past i had a 501x and with tons on upgrades the car cost me more than a durango
and the durango is good out the box

Before we go down a Tamiya Vs Durango argument, I think Jimmy's point on here alluded to the fact we've done it on another thread! I think the upshot was that it would indeed end up similar costs (Tamiya cheaper but kit by hundreds and hundreds of pounds or anything) roughly to have a 511 plus hopups used by the team, and a Durango in the same condition.

Dundermuffen
25-11-2009, 12:59 PM
?durango isnt a dutch company!

my bad, its german. developed in germany, designed in germany by a german, tested in germany, headquarter in germany. made in asia. BUT durango ltd. is registrated in england cuz its cheaper to run a business in england. i dont think that makes the car english.

mark christopher
25-11-2009, 01:28 PM
my bad, its german. developed in germany, designed in germany by a german, tested in germany, headquarter in germany. made in asia. BUT durango ltd. is registrated in england cuz its cheaper to run a business in england. i dont think that makes the car english.

not german or english either.........;)

Cooper
25-11-2009, 02:39 PM
it's Belgian, they stole the design from Aero !

jimmy
25-11-2009, 02:41 PM
:lol: guffaw

Dundermuffen
25-11-2009, 03:18 PM
it's Belgian, they stole the design from Aero !

Aero stole the design from durango in the first place, whats your point?

jimmy
25-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Don't worry he was joking :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gonzo
25-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Best spent penny's ever. I wont look at other cars no more. There is no equal out there. Just have to wait until the 2wd arrives also.

2nd that!
If you buy it to put on the shelf in the livingroom, it's indeed expensive, but when you race your car every week, I think it's one of the cheapest.

As for the 2WD, first I'll see if the handling matches the stability of the X6. Top drivers don't care about that, but for me less handling means more mistakes, definitely in 2WD.

offroadrc
25-11-2009, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=Dave C;314492]i saw your electronics in your durango, it was a real mess...

i have changed the elektronics now, but where you at this race?

Dave C
25-11-2009, 04:10 PM
yep i was there and make it in the A-main:p

offroadrc
25-11-2009, 04:17 PM
yep i was there and make it in the A-main:p

concratulations with your spot in the a-main :thumbsup:

i don't care about in witch main i ame when it's fun. :cool:

WHITTLER555
25-11-2009, 06:23 PM
As some of you know I have ran the Tamiya 501X in the last two UK National series and done pretty well. I have swapped over to the Durango and the car does seem to be inherently faster over 5 minutes outdoors. Whilst I could hammer the Tamiya round on the limit, it's limits don't seem as quick as the Durango on a fairly consistent run (if that makes sense?)

HOWEVER, IT IS ALL IN THE THUMBS.

Give Neil Cragg virtually any current proper 4WD car and he would undoubtably do very well with it.

DaveG28
25-11-2009, 06:35 PM
As some of you know I have ran the Tamiya 501X in the last two UK National series and done pretty well. I have swapped over to the Durango and the car does seem to be inherently faster over 5 minutes outdoors. Whilst I could hammer the Tamiya round on the limit, it's limits don't seem as quick as the Durango on a fairly consistent run (if that makes sense?)

HOWEVER, IT IS ALL IN THE THUMBS.

Give Neil Cragg virtually any current proper 4WD car and he would undoubtably do very well with it.

Traitor!! You harlot Damo!:woot:

JohnM
25-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Was the original question the right one? is it, why is the Durango so expensive, or should it be, why are other cars so cheap?

I think that when you build them, you see why there is a £200 difference in price between a B44 (for example), and a DEX410, the Durango is full of lovely, very well made parts, whereas the B44, is made about as well as the last BigMac I had.

We all used to buy a 4wd buggys that cost £300-£400 years ago, hell, I remember when I got my first Predator back in 1995, it was £340 then, so for a Durango to be only a £100 more, 14 years later, I think ain't too bad, remember, that just about everything is more expensive nowadays, even a mid range Astra is £20,000:wtf:

AmiSMB
25-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Lets face the fact that the Durango is like Stella Artois' "Reassuringly Expensive"

offroadrc
25-11-2009, 09:16 PM
It's the best car on the market, i have one and i never had anything that was even near the durango, not the rc8, xx4, cat.
Great car and very strong to.

Col
25-11-2009, 10:03 PM
I think you've all got more money than sense.

Discuss..

offroadrc
25-11-2009, 10:26 PM
yes that is true I ame selling chemicals.

MALLET
25-11-2009, 10:42 PM
With the look of your picture you've been taking too much of them as well :woot: :woot: :woot:

offroadrc
25-11-2009, 10:45 PM
i show my own picture, i hope that you haven't

Mrs.TeamXtreme
25-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi!
I have though about it for a while if I should buy a Durango or not, but recently I have started to wonder why its so expensive. A B44 is $320, DEX410 is $750. How come the Durango is more than twice as expensive as the DEX410? It doesnt really have more expensive components than the B44, and it should be really less expensive to produce the DEX410 than a RC8B, but no,no the RC8B is $499. This freaks me out. How can a 1/10th be more expensive than a 1/8th? What will Durangos 1/8th cost if the 1/10th is this expensive? Like $1000?

I have to admit that the Durango is cool and probably a great car, but dont you think its way to expensive? Do anyone know it the car will be sold at rcmushroom.com or other cheap sites soon? Or is there any other shop that sells the DEX410 cheaper than directly from the Durango site? Because this is redicilous.

Get an X11 instead :thumbsup:

MALLET
26-11-2009, 12:00 AM
i show my own picture, i hope that you haven't

Ha ha ha I'm as daft as he is :thumbsup: :woot: :woot:

i4n
26-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Completely off topic but.........

It may be I need new glasses but offroadrc looks a bit like B-Mag :woot:

ned
29-11-2009, 06:34 PM

I think that was treated with the contempt it deserved! As for the DEX being expensive has anyone tried building an X6 from new with all of the right bits? I have and that is much more expensive than the Durango and do you end up with the same quality of car at the end or just lots of brand new bits that you don't even need?

HyperFX
29-11-2009, 08:28 PM
I think that was treated with the contempt it deserved! As for the DEX being expensive has anyone tried building an X6 from new with all of the right bits? I have and that is much more expensive than the Durango and do you end up with the same quality of car at the end or just lots of brand new bits that you don't even need?
I agree. I've been racing RC's since 1986.
You buy a kit, and all the extra mods to make it bullet proof & cutting edge competitive, and then you have extra parts you don't need. All at a much higher cost.
With the DEX410 it's all in the same package right from the start. Bullet proof, competitive, and relatively INEXPENSIVE.
All the best, and from the original mfg. You can't get that kind of quality often enough. :thumbsup:

Full Metal Jacket
11-12-2009, 10:10 PM
For such a new and small company which gave out so many efforts to make this car, and of course may not be able to produce the kit in mass qty., and so I think this probably one of the reasons to push up the its costs.

Anyway, the selling point of DEX410 is not on its components/parts which is made of expensive materials or not, but is its totally new concepts and designs which I think it’s not fair by only using its selling price to judge its actual value; just like Japanese car and European car, or something like designer stuffs, etc.

It can do something which the other cars could not offer you, “The Championship Winning Innovation!” It’s priceless, mate! ;)

I cannot say is cheap but no doubt about it DEX410 is worth USD650 indeed. What I can say is you won’t feel disappointed about its outstanding performance and its engineering. :thumbsup:

Besides, it's a bloody quick and tough EP buggy you have ever seen! :woot::drool:

Full Metal Jacket
11-12-2009, 10:18 PM

I love to get the X11 too, but let me get the DEX410 first! :D

Richard Law
20-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Kinda agree that although it has an high purchase price by the time you've specced up other kits then probably not much in it.
I've heard (or read) that its $650 which roughly is £400 but on the durango web it says £445ish is this down to taxes?
If you knew someone in america and got them to buy one, open it so its not technically new for resale, then would this avoid import taxes!

Also when totting up the individual arts in the kit from the website it approx comes to £1000!

Does the kit come with lipo stras / wheels / tyres / shell?

mark christopher
20-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Kinda agree that although it has an high purchase price by the time you've specced up other kits then probably not much in it.
I've heard (or read) that its $650 which roughly is £400 but on the durango web it says £445ish is this down to taxes?
If you knew someone in america and got them to buy one, open it so its not technically new for resale, then would this avoid import taxes!

Also when totting up the individual arts in the kit from the website it approx comes to £1000!

Does the kit come with lipo stras / wheels / tyres / shell?

no tyres yes to rest

Richard Law
20-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks, and just noticed the P on my keypad is faulty!

racingdwarf
20-12-2009, 06:25 PM
just read through this thred, anyone who has been doing this hobby for a few to many years will know how it works, will spending an arm and a leg on the latest car make you a far better driver??hmmm, Is it worth the money...well those who have one seem to think so, so it must be a good car.
One thing is for sure with this hobby, in a couple of years time it will be passed by another stunning and costly creation and you will be seeing lots of cheep cars on Ebay:lol: and at about this point I may be able to afford someones cast off:thumbsup::cry:

One other thing with cars like these is sadly I feel they do the hobby on the whole a bit of dammage. As in most regions the A final will be filled with these cars and others, all costing close or over £1000 per compleat car, Costs like that tend to put begginers off, and I know people like me keep banging on about begginers.....but.

racdeaf
20-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Well worth every penny :thumbsup:

Richard Law
20-12-2009, 11:58 PM
RacingDwarf, very good points, well put :)

Battle_axe
21-12-2009, 08:36 PM
its expensive but like anything if you are a poor driver then you will be a poor driver be it a durango or anything else so far i am yet to see one win because the car was better it is always beeten by better drivers with so called worse cars or it wins because the driver is the best on the track

reg
21-12-2009, 09:26 PM
i was talking to a chap a our club the other week,i asked him if he was getting one,he said no because he didnt want another club member beating him with his £100 car.....i said iv got an X6 and he beats me with his mad rat:woot:.........im not getting it because its quicker than other brands,im getting it coz its ACE:woot::woot::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MALLET
21-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm not getting it because its quicker than other brands,im getting it coz its ACE:woot::woot::thumbsup::thumbsup:

To right Mark.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot:

chris68nufc
21-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Mallet.....Youve got something under your foot!!! Quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MALLET
21-12-2009, 10:14 PM
You cock........:thumbsup: :woot: :woot:

chris68nufc
21-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Ha Ha. God stuff!!:thumbsup:

MALLET
21-12-2009, 10:15 PM
You made it up the A1 then. :woot:

chris68nufc
21-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Just got back in.:thumbsup:

dpackster1980
29-12-2009, 02:48 PM
The price is very high but if you do nationals and regionals then it would be worth every penny.

If you are just club racing stick to a more common car like the B44, parts are cheap and if you break it someone will have a spare.

When the R version comes out it would be interesting to compare the lap times as what gives the durango the slight edge is the diffs, take them away and it just isn't a proper Durango you may as well get a B44 and keep £100 in your pocket.

Is there going to be a review of the R version when it comes out?

Holeshot
03-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Any idea on when the Dex410r be out?

mark christopher
03-01-2010, 05:55 AM
The price is very high but if you do nationals and regionals then it would be worth every penny.

If you are just club racing stick to a more common car like the B44, parts are cheap and if you break it someone will have a spare.

When the R version comes out it would be interesting to compare the lap times as what gives the durango the slight edge is the diffs, take them away and it just isn't a proper Durango you may as well get a B44 and keep £100 in your pocket.

Is there going to be a review of the R version when it comes out?
oh so its only the diffs that make it a good car, not the geometry/shocks etc :confused: