PDA

View Full Version : Driver for front shock tower balljoints?

AntH
27-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Can anyone recommend a brand of driver that fits the difficult to access front shock tower balljoints? Cheaper the better...

Also what inserts are best for yellow mini pins indoors - normal shumacher ones, their 'tubbies' or the ry-mart ones?

Thanks!

Big G
27-11-2009, 03:53 PM
which car?

sosidge
27-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Associated's Factory Team 3/16" nut driver is a perfect fit on them - what you can also do is change them for the socket head versions like on the B44, these are a bit easier to reach.

I have the Schumacher medium (green) inserts on my car and I find them fine - but I haven't done any comparison tests. In terms of filling the tyre and supporting the carcass, they do a good job - the old Schumacher blues didn't, they were too narrow.

AntH
29-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Associated's Factory Team 3/16" nut driver is a perfect fit on them - what you can also do is change them for the socket head versions like on the B44, these are a bit easier to reach.

I have the Schumacher medium (green) inserts on my car and I find them fine - but I haven't done any comparison tests. In terms of filling the tyre and supporting the carcass, they do a good job - the old Schumacher blues didn't, they were too narrow.

Thanks, will get one of those then. Yeah, it would of helped if I'd actually put what car I was on about!