PDA

View Full Version : WOolworths

chris68nufc
28-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Just seen an advert for woolworths.co.uk?? Whats that all about then??

b4pete
28-11-2009, 09:52 PM
they r back as an online company, good on 'em, i miss woolies!!!!:thumbdown:

GRIFF55
28-11-2009, 09:55 PM
didn't allan sugar buy the majority of shares before they went through?? could be something to do with him?

Belsten
28-11-2009, 09:56 PM
pick n mix online ? :confused:

jim76
28-11-2009, 10:46 PM
yeah, they have been around for a few months now. and yes, pick n mix online!!!

DCM
28-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I actually have no sympathy with the company owners, but do have for the ex employees, it wasn't their fault that the company didn't move with the times, they lost their core market.

purpletimbo
28-11-2009, 10:51 PM
That buggy is the toy story one at £70, they want £200 for a lunchbox kit and radio:confused:

MRD
28-11-2009, 10:53 PM
It was only a matter of time before you needed a credit card to buy Pic'N'Fix,

Last lot I bought nearly gave me cardiac arrest when it was weighed. I Swear they inject mercury into the cola bottles. I think I'm gonna strap a few gummy bears to the b4 to make up for running a Lipo.

Huckster522
28-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Shop Direct Home shopping bought the woolworths name as soon as the receivers sorted all the debts, they also own brands like Kays, Littlewoods, Empire and Great Universal.

They are reported to be one of the largest home shopping company around.

so nothing to do with the original woolworths name or owners.

Crazy L
29-11-2009, 04:44 PM
the company didn't move with the times

And why buy from Woolies when they sell the same thing in somewhere like Wilkinsons for half the price?

ashleyb4
29-11-2009, 04:48 PM
All the pick and mix ive tried in wilko is horrid doesnt taste the same.

A

poopers
29-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Woolworths was ace!! I have fond memories of them when I was about eight or nine. They had massive collections of matchbox cars, none of that unrealistic hotwheels crap;), and they were 65p each. They had loads of cool toys like transformers and MASK too.:drool:

Then they went downhill and started selling cheap crap, but their sweets section was still ace with super-size chocolate bars n stuff at christmas. Haven't been in woolies since '96 though.

Sorry, this thread got me reminscing. :blush:

Carry on.

DCM
29-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I used to love Woolies too, but the shop can't survive on pic'n'mix alone, and everything they sold, was sold elsewhere, cheaper, businesses don't run on Good Will alone. The only thing I bought in long time, was a Nintendo Wii, not because they were cheap, it was because at the time, they were the only ones to have them in stock.

ashleyb4
29-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Internet and supermarkets killed woolies every thing you could buy from woolies you can now buy while doing your weekly shop. At a lower price and under one roof. Unless you shop at morrisons all they sell is food.

Or you can get that cd thats at wollies for 10 quid on play or amazon for half that.

A

littlened
30-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Woolworths is now nothing more than a rebranded great universal online catalogue.

Kays, Great Universal, Littlewoods, Woolworths, Very.co.uk, all have the same products on their site, because there all just rebrands.

purpletimbo
30-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Have to disagree about Morrisons, bought 3 wii games £10 each and cheapest place for wii mariokart by a fiver:thumbsup:

Mgtuser
06-12-2009, 09:54 PM
if they keep there prices the same as they are then the online brand wont last long either!! used to love going into woolies as a youngster, but thats just there problem, and the one that meant there downfall.....it was ok 25 years ago for my generation, but they didnt move forward in the way they should of...they relied on there brand name too much, its ok, were woolies, people will come to us, were a british institution.......no they bloody wont if your prices and stock are crap!! :bored:

emtee
08-12-2009, 05:09 PM
All the pick and mix ive tried in wilko is horrid doesnt taste the same.

A

That's 'cos it's pet food...!