PDA

View Full Version : Winter Warmer Series 2009/10 RD 3 - Sunday 06 December - EPR

brookie
30-11-2009, 10:01 AM
As the title says, Round 3 (of 6) of the 2009/10 Winter Warmer Series 2009/10. As per usual the series will cater for both 2WD and 4WD 1:10 electric off-road buggies as well as stadium trucks and Short Course trucks!

As this thread infers, to be held at Eden Park Raceway off-road facility(check out details here: http://www.edenparkraceway.com/dates.htm (http://www.edenparkraceway.com/dates.htm)) on Sunday 06 December 2009.

Track WILL NOT open until approx. 08:30 for practice so please DO NOT arrive too early! The track has near neighbours which we do not want upset by excessive early noise, thank you!

NB - Following the cancellation of Round 2, due to adverse weather, the EPR Committe have decided to adopt the recognised principals of amending the rounds to count for Championship positions.
All Championships will now be decided on the basis of 3 from 5 to count.

See you all there, watch out for further announcements, especially regarding any impacts (parking etc.) due to weather!

Oh:woot: nearly forgot, we're hoping to hold another of the infamous EPR Christmas raffles at this round, watch out for more details:thumbsup:

EPR Committee

David Church
01-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Yes we are having the world famous EPR Raffle with prizes like a LiPo battery, hauler bag, helicopter, car stand and a few other prizes, and Chocolate will be given out for some interesting catagories, ie, most committed youngster, best drift etc etc.

So get yourself down to EPR this Sunday!!!! Oh and bring some dosh, we are trying to raise money for further track improvements!!!:thumbsup: Cheers

MHeadling
01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Im in, Trucks rule!! :thumbsup: Rich B is bringing his T4 too, watch out Brookie we are coming for you!!

and before you ask, yes Dave i'll bring some dosh for the raffle!!

HKP
02-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm there... running my Maxxis Short Course :wub

tymill
02-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I'll be there! might just bring out the old Turbo Optima for the wet...

Extreme
02-12-2009, 11:38 PM
we'll be there:thumbsup:

jim76
03-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Wayne and I will be there, weather permitting!

Team No Idea
03-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Its looking like i may be denied the pleasure:(

spud31
03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Martin nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo put your foot down lol

Brookie not wanting to sound like a party pooper but is the track ok with all the rain weve had? just had visions of it being flooded TBH.

tymill
03-12-2009, 06:49 PM

Brookie not wanting to sound like a party pooper but is the track ok with all the rain weve had? just had visions of it being flooded TBH.

yeah, good point... how's the drainage been around the bomb hole?

I'm deffo running brushed with one of those immersible mtroniks viper escs if it's wet... might even go old-school tamiya-style and put the receiver in a balloon!

niggs98
03-12-2009, 07:43 PM
both emma and i cant wait. ty will have to watch out as emma is now a 10.5 girl so rather rapid and driving it well n all :thumbsup: see you all trackside

David Poulter
04-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I'll be there and hopefully the weather is kind so we can actually race :)

David

DaSloth
04-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I was really looking forward to visit EPR but the weather looks like its going to blow that idea out of the water! Weather looks pretty abysmal according to bbc.co.uk :cry:

jim76
04-12-2009, 03:48 PM
metcheck has rain until midday then clear afternoon. Pretty windy all day though so the gazebo's may take a battering!

brookie
04-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Weather forecast is changing all the time, and it depends which site or TV station you look at!

We will obviously make every effort to run the meeting, Matt's got a very good reason not to go home early!

When I came past the track this afternoon on the train all looked well, WITHOUT ANY SIGNS OF FLOODING, our drainage does work both if it's given time and doesn't get subjected to monsoon conditions! We will ensure that track is prepped tomorrow and also ensure that the drains are clear to cope with any overnight precipitation!

As always anybody and everybody is more than welcome to help with tomorrows efforts!

mw02veg
04-12-2009, 04:21 PM
teams williams will be down rain or shine :thumbsup:

David Church
04-12-2009, 05:17 PM
teams williams will be down rain or shine :thumbsup:

Good Job:thumbsup:

cwilson
04-12-2009, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Mark Headling;316870]Im in, Trucks rule!! :thumbsup: Rich B is bringing his T4 too, watch out Brookie we are coming for you!!
[QUOTE]

Brookie is going to have work hard at this meet. I know of at least 11 trucks going. Including my new truck!! :thumbsup:

simoncook
04-12-2009, 08:45 PM
brookie is going to have work hard at this meet. i know off at least 11 trucks going. including my new truck!! :thumbsup:

So that means Steve has only got to worry about the other 10 then?

niggs98
04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
pmsl i was just thinking the same thing but didnt have the heart to write it...... must be coming down with something :wtf:

brookie
04-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Brookie is going to have work hard at this meet. I know of at least 11 trucks going. Including my new truck!! :thumbsup:

Simon, thanks mate, Charles sets them up and you knock him down, BIG TIME! Nathan, clearly not well?

Two solutions to this problem:

a) If that amount of trucks turn up (and it would be VERY welcome!) put Charles in a heat of his own!

b) Better still, leave Charles 'new' truck back at my house!

Problem solved!

cwilson
05-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Chocolate will be given out for some interesting catagories, ie, most committed youngster, best drift etc etc.

can we have chocolate for best donut:thumbsup:

cwilson
05-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Simon, thanks mate, Charles sets them up and you knock him down, BIG TIME! Nathan, clearly not well?

Two solutions to this problem:

a) If that amount of trucks turn up (and it would be VERY welcome!) put Charles in a heat of his own!

b) Better still, leave Charles 'new' truck back at my house!

Problem solved!

very funny:thumbsup:

brookie
05-12-2009, 08:31 AM
can we have chocolate for best donut:thumbsup:

Charles, no competition for you in that class!

cwilson
05-12-2009, 09:06 AM
how unfair. i put one post up after about a week of the computer being out of action and then i get jumped on by everyone.:lol:

niggs98
05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
hell charles you made ya bed :woot::woot: opps must be back to health :D

raaccyyyyy lllaaddyyyy
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM

Oi Cheeky, it's not my fault!!!!! :lol:

brookie
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Couple of important points to note for those attending this meeting tomorrow!

When arriving at the track please, please, please park with care, consideration and thought for both the grounds and our landlords! When speaking to the groundstaff today they were quite prepared for us to park on the grass as we normally do but this may change dependant on the weather.

Secondly those of you that get to the track using the A21 through Bromley and especially the stretch of that road known as Bromley Common may want to check the appropriate websites as we believe that section of road is closed due to a burst water main!
Clearly too much of the bloody stuff:thumbdown:

Hope to see you all there!

niggs98
05-12-2009, 08:31 PM
can we have a link to the websites please as i believe thats the way i come in

mw02veg
05-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Same route for us

brookie
05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Easiest way is to go here:

http://www.edenparkraceway.com/news.htm

download our information pack for last years BRCA National and follow the directions from M24 J4.

We think it's an easier and possibly quicker way anyway:woot:

jim76
05-12-2009, 08:53 PM
i have no idea which way i go! Just follow the satnav! Must have been there 20 times but i still couldn;t find it with out the satnav!! lol

on a different note. Wayne can't make it tomorrow so i just wondered if i could scrounge a couple of top up charges from anyone with a Gennie? Happy to throw a cup of coffee your way etc.

brookie
05-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Details of local diversions are here:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/information.asp?time=weekend&mode=buses&line=all&incident=1052381_TfL

but our route sounds easier!

MattADH
05-12-2009, 09:51 PM
The best route off the M25 from J4 is the A21 towards Bromley until you pass the Princess Royal University Hospital on your right. At the lights (Locksbottom village is on your right, Chapter One restaurant on your left) take the left fork A232 towards West Wickham, Shirley, Croydon) and follow this road across Hayes Common, past Focus DIY on your left and over one rondabaout. When you come into West Wickham, there is a set of lights (library on your right, The Swan pub on the far corner). Turn right and follow this road through a set of lights until you get to a large roundabout. Take the third exit and go under the bridge - Hawksbrook Lane is the first turning on the right and you should know where you are now!

simoncook
05-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Tbh, you shouldn't be getting stuck in the closed road. The road is closed at Bromley collage. Made my drive into work interesting. If you follow matts directions, you will be ok.

David Church
06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks for a great day EPR Team!!!! Thanks to Tom for running the meeting, it run without a problem:thumbsup:
Thanks to all you guys that preped the track:thumbsup:
Thanks for all your generous raffle ticket buying:thumbsup:
And thanks for whooping my a## today:thumbsup:
Could only manage the B final today, but funny enough I only have 1 point less than Nathan "Mid Corner Pivot Whoop Whoop Niggs" Ralls and 2 less thanTop Cat Williams!!!!:p:p:p

But seriously folks, I really enjoyed today, Many Thanks:thumbsup:

cwilson
06-12-2009, 06:48 PM
ditto what dc said. brill days racing. i even came third in the trucks. but who was the one driving the wrong way afterwards. my trucks now in three pieces after that head on crash.

DaSloth
06-12-2009, 07:18 PM
what was the weather like in the end? did you get much rain down there?

David Church
06-12-2009, 07:27 PM
It rained till nearly 10am, then blue skys the rest of the day!

HKP
06-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Yes, drove through a torrent to get there, then once I arrived, the rain stopped! I might change my handle from HKP to 'Moses'..

..big thanks to my fellow EPR committee members for their help, and all our EPR helpers who are true gents :D

HKP
06-12-2009, 07:36 PM
p.s. trucks at Eden Park are getting awesome now.. can't believe I bottled out of running mine today!

David Church
06-12-2009, 07:40 PM
p.s. trucks at Eden Park are getting awesome now.. can't believe I bottled out of running mine today!

You chicken!!! Come on man.... Get it done!!!!

jim76
06-12-2009, 08:34 PM
great fun days racing. challenging greasy track, but the raffle made up for it as always!

off to play with my growing collection of helicopters!! :)

tymill
06-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Had a great day - cheers! Despite cooking a GTB (again), it was fun.

Here's a few shots from the wet day...

Sorry they're blurry due to the low light and all, but look at that mud FLY!:thumbsup:
http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10683&stc=1&d=1260132383

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10684&stc=1&d=1260132383
Nathan's new ride

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10685&stc=1&d=1260132383
Andy getting down and dirty...

MattADH
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
The meeting results are now up on the club's website for you to pore over!

brookie
07-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Updated Winter Warmer Championship tables are now also listed on the website.

http://www.edenparkraceway.com/

For continuity in our area, during the Winter season, we've adopted the same principal as another local SE club (FORCC) when it comes to our Junior classes, these now being split into Under 14 and Under 19 categories.
Also because of the cancellation of Round 2 we've adopted the BRCA principal of now reverting of counting 3 from 5 rounds for Championship positions!

crewie
07-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Who's that bloke winning the truck class then :woot::thumbsup:.

HKP
08-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Who's that bloke winning the truck class then :woot::thumbsup:.

Some call him a veteran, others say he was once spotted at a rock crawling event. All we know is that he's called THE BROOKIE! :p

cwilson
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
i got some pics of whats left of the front end of my truck

HKP
10-12-2009, 06:50 PM
i got some pics of whats left of the front end of my truck

Oh well Charles, I'm sure you can fix it with some bits of wood and some super epoxy... ;)

brookie
10-12-2009, 09:21 PM
What's with the..........

you can fix it

I don't think so!!!

MHeadling
11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I'll own up, It was me who smashed up Charles truck, I hit his truck after the race messing about! :blush:

I have sent him a PM and will give him a bulk head to fix it, bring on the next truck round!! :D