PDA

View Full Version : Kidderminster National - May 12th + 13th 2007.

Pages : 1 [2]

jimmy
15-05-2007, 04:45 PM
It made me laugh Stu

Stu
15-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I suspect you have some that should never see the light of day?

Especially as I have my BRCA shirt on - oOops.

jimmy
15-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah, I have a photo of you beating Ashley also, but I thought one beating was enough :D

Stu
15-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Hmmm, but have you got one of Ashley laying into us, that one would be a winner.

PaulRotheram
15-05-2007, 05:01 PM
This is how us north western drivers are treated if we step out of line and stu has to step in.. mr long was obviously in for a beating for missing round 1 at southport :p

Stu
15-05-2007, 05:03 PM
It's actually me that needs a real kicking, for loosing the pictures from Saturday night.

PaulRotheram
15-05-2007, 05:05 PM
dont worry dude.. theyd of been ace, but the memory is there.. maggie.. lampost.. chavs.. speed camera.. hedge..

the list alone shows how random a night it was :D

ashleyb4
15-05-2007, 05:08 PM
You wait until bury stu i so wanted to see the cheese photo's so now you will have to meet K and O:D

Come on jimmy get the rest of the pics up of us beeting each other up.

A

_sleigh_
15-05-2007, 07:10 PM
There are only 120 drivers in 4wd though so it's from 120 not 130 surely?

No, both championships are scored out of 130 for continuity.

mw02veg
15-05-2007, 07:14 PM
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/racenorthwest/southport/44.jpg

emzy
15-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I do feel that when the commentator is announcing that 50/60% of cars are not finishing their heats then maybe its time to announce the track unsafe/unusable... but hey its was only the crappy drivers left at the end of the day :D (I speak for myself on that one).

I have to say... I wholeheartedly agree with you Mr Bathy.

It was ridiculous... 30% finish rates. I don't think the last few heats would have been run had it been the "traditional" heat arrangement...

But alas... whinging'll do no good now!

Bathy's getting nervous because no one's commenting on his video...!!!

Northy
15-05-2007, 07:22 PM
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/racenorthwest/southport/44.jpg

:confused: :o :eh?: :confused: :o :eh?: :confused: :o

MK999
15-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I thought i was the only one with a chest flatter than a pancake, i'm not alone ! :o

Bathy
15-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Bathy's getting nervous because no one's commenting on his video...!!!

It's ok, 698 views... I get the message... its pooh :( , different music next time me thinks! :D

bigred5765
15-05-2007, 08:39 PM
we want to be able to down load it and watch at our own leasure

MattW
15-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, in the other examples of wet meetings that have been mentioned on previous pages, the heat order was conventional. It has always (as far as i can remember) gone through to the end of the round. I know i've been cought and blown a speedo at least once.

The results for 4wd don't seem to be correct - there doesn't seem to be a listing that only takes the best single round. Or at least there wasn't when i looked at it last night -0 haven't checked today! The trackside printout always only looks at one round after 2 rounds - if that makes sense.

Body Paint
15-05-2007, 11:42 PM
MATT, that's what I always thought.. but the list on the BRCA site is the site are the same as what was on the board at Kiddy.

I'm confused:confused:

super__dan
16-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Em I don't think that's fair. At Telford I (F1 heats) drove and marshalled in the rain/hail, I don't think anyone is given preferential treatment in that respect.

Northy
16-05-2007, 07:53 AM
I remeber a few years ago having a little 'break' mid round, while it rained which just so happened to be before the top heats raced :( so it HAS happened in the past.

Also, whats all this about the track cannot be touched mid round? So does that mean the results of previous Batley meetings are not valid where the track was been swept? :eh?: :eh?:

G

jimmy
16-05-2007, 01:42 PM
KIDDERMINSTER 4WD NATIONAL - CLARIFICATION OF RESULTS.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the results of the 4WD National at
Kidderminster as shown on the BRCA website are not complete.
Those that attended, will know that due to heavy rain the event had to be
concluded at the end of Round 2.

The Off-Road Section rules state :- If Finals are not completed, then
Championship points for the event are awarded on qualifying positions, providing
a minimum of two Qualifying Rounds are completed.
Using the Round-by-Round Qualifying system, if only two Qualifying Rounds are
completed, then each drivers SINGLE best Round score is used to determine the
overall Qualifying positions at the end of the Second Round.

When Round 2 was completed, the computer printed the correct results, counting
each drivers best SINGLE score.
When we printed further copies, the software added the positions from both
Rounds together. This is not the correct result.
Due to some unknown working of the software, we are not able to go back to the
original print and the only correct copy available was retained by the
Timekeeper to manually update the points for the event and the overall
Championship points.

We felt that it was important to publish the only event results that could be
accessed onto the website, so that competitors could see their individual Round
positions, even though the overall positions for the event are not correct.
NOTE :- Points for the Kidderminster event that are shown in the overall
Championship positions have been complied manually and are correct.
(The 2WD event on the Saturday was not affected and the results on the website
are correct).

Some drivers may not realise that having a SINGLE best score of 36th. in one of
the two Rounds does not result in that driver achieving 36th position in the
overall position for the event. In most cases, two different drivers achieved
an equal best position from the two Rounds, which means that the times were used
to decide the 'tied points' position. As an example:- 36th. in Round 2 gave an
overall position for the event of 46th., because of the number of drivers that
were on equal positions from the two Rounds.

The organisers of Kidderminster Club are truly sorry that the weather intervened
and caused the 4WD event to be curtailed, and hope that it will not dampen the
enthusiasm for drivers to return to Kidderminster in the future.

Best regards,

Paul Worsley. (Chairman, BRCA Off-Road Section).

millzy
16-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I have to say that I was quite annoyed on 4wd meeting, being in heat 12 I had the worst track and the fact my heat was full of good f2 and we where fighting like crazy to beat the times set was a joke, I drove just to finish.

Ok round 1 was not that bad there was water and a few puddles on the track but it was drivavle apart from the huge one on the edge of the sweeper , I hit it flat out and the car just slowed right down every lap from the standing water there was NO line to avoid it and after 7laps my car stoped.

Round 2 was even worse surly when the top car in heat one slows down due to what looked like water even with the track change then the meeting should have been changed/stop postponed or something- after marshalling heat one and watching the mid west team sweep like crazy I have to say I was utterly annoyed with what I AND MY HEAT had to drive for round 2, the puddles where huge and threw was no way I could believe that other drivers had to deal with the huge puddle aquapaling and tyres being ripped off . when my car stopped AGAIN- I was asked what my intentions where for round 3 as the heat finished and my word where- packing up why should I blow my gear just to TRY and keep up with the drivers who got a better track.

I still have to pay for my stuff its not all free and realy i would have liked to see the top boys get the bad heat and not me, they get it all for free and could make up the points droped at another meetings or with there skill elvel not have been that far of the pace, where as us " nobodys" have to fight like cray now and beat the randoms who where on a better track befor us.

Southwell
16-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes i saw the sweeping too, i do think that if the track was swept in bad parts for even a minute between heats then it wouldn't have been half as bad for us last heaters and i would have had a final points score reletive to the pace i had....

losixxx
16-05-2007, 02:23 PM
sorry chris don't agree with some of what you say, the heat orders were changed to the current format a few years ago to stop the f1/f2's getting the better track condition. changing the heat orders around is the only fair way to do it, unfortunatly this time you came off worse than most. however i was in heat 9 so near enough as bad a track as you but i still managed to improve my first round time by some 12 seconds (yes the tarmac banking helped)i too pay for my equipment and it was my choice to run knowing the risk's but i run waterproof esc so was happy to go out.
i think running the 2 rounds was the best solution as there would be no way of rescheduling the meeting and people only do ing 4 rounds needed the points.

personally i really enjoyed racing in the 2nd round, i could rag the arse off the car and not have to worry about my braking point's as the puddles slowed the car down. thought the grip was far better than when track was just damp

millzy
16-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Chris, I know you where in a heat close to mine, but i have 2 qestions one where did you get the water proof reciver and xtals?:):)

second do you think than in the conditions we had that the club should change the heat fromat to the "normal" configuration to make thing even with the times ?

i understand the two round had to be run and thats fine, and im fully awear that its my own risk to run my car in the rain, im sorry but making it super hard for f5/f4/f3 and the f2s who have enougth pace on and equal track to match some f1s is unfair , its har d enought to try and get a good time and again a lincence upgrade as it is, but to try and do it on swimming pool is solid.

if lee martin has enougt inisative to place a bump in the bomb hole of his track so driver dont have to hit a water feature then sulrly the brca can do the same!! any thing would have bene better that to hit a frekeing lake

losixxx
16-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Chris, I know you where in a heat close to mine, but i have 2 qestions one where did you get the water proof reciver and xtals?:):)

second do you think than in the conditions we had that the club should change the heat fromat to the "normal" configuration to make thing even with the times ?

i understand the two round had to be run and thats fine, and im fully awear that its my own risk to run my car in the rain, im sorry but making it super hard for f5/f4/f3 and the f2s who have enougth pace on and equal track to match some f1s is unfair , its har d enought to try and get a good time and again a lincence upgrade as it is, but to try and do it on swimming pool is solid.

if lee martin has enougt inisative to place a bump in the bomb hole of his track so driver dont have to hit a water feature then sulrly the brca can do the same!! any thing would have bene better that to hit a frekeing lake

spektrum and lots of bluetac m8 worked a treat..:D

why should the club change just to help the top guy's? it should be the same for everyone. next meeting you should be in higher heat would you be happy if it rained and they changed it so the f5's had the best track?

not eveyone can be happy all the time, i had a good day perhaps thats why i see it from a different view to you but the shoe could so easily been on the other foot

millzy
16-05-2007, 02:45 PM
damm it CML dont od that reciver :):) wonder if they do the bluetack what the part number

ok how about this, 2wd heat 3... the heat it rained it.. time 55th in the round round2. rain again, round 3 rain more round 4 no rain in my heat track dry 39th in the round... i think i know what your saying and yes i am on a rant but really am i the only one who thinks the brca could have done more to make it even/ or the track more procentable for the last heats.??

losixxx
16-05-2007, 02:53 PM
damm it CML dont od that reciver :):) wonder if they do the bluetack what the part number

ok how about this, 2wd heat 3... the heat it rained it.. time 55th in the round round2. rain again, round 3 rain more round 4 no rain in my heat track dry 39th in the round... i think i know what your saying and yes i am on a rant but really am i the only one who thinks the brca could have done more to make it even/ or the track more procentable for the last heats.??

i reckon you should just blame the ref's, heard one of them singing in the morning thinks thats why the heaven's opened :D

it would be difficult to say sweep the track after heat 8 or 9 for the later heats as whats stopping the drivers of heat 7 saying thats unfair! perhaps the best thing would have been to cancel the meeting first thing but then nobody would have been happy. i think they made the correct decision with the option's/rule's available to them

super__dan
16-05-2007, 03:02 PM

Chris,

I just can't believe what you're asking. I cannot see any justification for deliberatly giving F1 heats the worst track conditions to even things up. This would give a biased steer (theoretically) to the results knocking F1's down, why, how is that fair? I see the nationals as being ultra competetive from top to bottom, we're all fighting our corner.

As an aside, what if it had stopped half way through that round, and dried up and the track got faster, I bet you wouldn't have complained then. Remember OJ last year, he had a right gift from this very circumstance at Kiddie as I remember it!

You can't make any judgement calls on this, the rules are rules, end of.

super__dan
16-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Oh to add though sweeping puddles away mid round would seem a good idea to me, I'm not suggesting that would be a bad thing.

I assume that comes down to our rules about not making ANY track alterations mid round, though in this case I would think it was maintaining the status quo rather than improving the track.

millzy
16-05-2007, 03:17 PM
what score did you get dan? and how bad was the track for your heat?

you might as wle be honest as you are very against my post

Southwell
16-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I think gettin rid of some of the huge puddles that had come up should have been done just so people who decided to go out late in the round had a chance of finishing. I had my car fully waterproofed yet a tiny drop of water got into the receiver and it was game over. The round before i ran none and finished no problem, sods law i guess but just looking at my poor car trying to push itself through those puddles you could tell they were deep and caused massive drag.

super__dan
16-05-2007, 03:27 PM
4wd I was 10th in the D with my round 2 score, one I hope to drop. I'm not claiming this supports my post however.

Chrislong
16-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I think if track sweeping was to be allowed mid round (which I agree would be a good thing), then it must be done between every heat, so no single heat has a worse track than any other....

These forums don't half give the power for rants, which then need to be replied to, debated and argued before others start agreeing with wrong opinions (waste of key presses in my opinion, but hey, I was there and now the topic has come up want to respond(thanks Chris)). We've all been hard done by at times, but lets just accept that perhaps Kiddy was your time, next time you might get a gift of a round and then you won't complain, or will you? Perhaps when YOU get the gift someone else will be ranting, could be me..... afterall this is why the heat formation jiggles about isn't it?

Surely these topics (i.e.rants) are not what forums were intended for. We have drivers reps, BRCA committee, and other means of questioning situations.

Chris

Chrislong
16-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Guys, who is going to propose for the AGM the track maintenance, but not layout changes, to be allowed mid round. Ofcause if maintenance to be performed it must be consistent maintenance for each heat to cope with the deterioration...

I personally think the heat jiggling copes with this, so I won't propose.

millzy
16-05-2007, 03:59 PM
maybe my rant is out of place then and i should speak to the brca about this

spenner
16-05-2007, 04:02 PM
As one of the people who had my own 'Rant' earlier in this forum i would like to say.
I have no problem with the rotating heats etc.... that gives everyone a chance.
The BRCA do the greatest job in the world, which gives us the best Nats in the world. My reason for saying what i said was down to 1 reason, and that was i personally felt the wrong decision was made with regard running the 2nd round.
Yes people have said it would have cancelled the meeting!! So what ???
There are other ways to collect scores, there aren't any other ways to repair damaged goods.
Some people have said use waterproof speedo's and that is a pretty lame answer, also waterproofing speedo's which i did but it only takes one drop!!
Another point mentioned was some people wouldn't have attended enough meetings if it was cancelled, so what we are saying now is the Nationals are accepting to many entries ??

There was also the safety aspect which was very dangerous.

I wasn't looking for reply's and i don't really see this as a bad thing, these are experiences that in the future could be looked at.
A note has been passed to the BRCA with some points from the Kiddy national so it's not just talk on here.

Role on Bury Metro, gonna purchase a hovercraft for future wet events

millzy
16-05-2007, 04:12 PM
meeting cancelled or not , most of us are not counting kiddy as a score.

As one of the people who had my own 'Rant' earlier in this forum i would like to say.
I have no problem with the rotating heats etc.... that gives everyone a chance.
The BRCA do the greatest job in the world, which gives us the best Nats in the world. My reason for saying what i said was down to 1 reason, and that was i personally felt the wrong decision was made with regard running the 2nd round.
Yes people have said it would have cancelled the meeting!! So what ???
There are other ways to collect scores, there aren't any other ways to repair damaged goods.
Some people have said use waterproof speedo's and that is a pretty lame answer, also waterproofing speedo's which i did but it only takes one drop!!
Another point mentioned was some people wouldn't have attended enough meetings if it was cancelled, so what we are saying now is the Nationals are accepting to many entries ??

There was also the safety aspect which was very dangerous.

I wasn't looking for reply's and i don't really see this as a bad thing, these are experiences that in the future could be looked at.
A note has been passed to the BRCA with some points from the Kiddy national so it's not just talk on here.

Role on Bury Metro, gonna purchase a hovercraft for future wet events

emzy
16-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Most of us can't count Kiddy as a score, its so low. But people who are only doing 4 rounds and have to use it - well they're a bit buggered aren't they.

If the meeting had been cancelled (before completion of round 2), couldn't they have just reduced the meeting requirement for the series to 3 of 5, thus eliminating the problem of having to have done a 4th event?

spenner
16-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Depends who you mean by us ????
There will be quite a few who will be counting it as a score !!!

Northy
16-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Hello, you all seem to have missed my post about sweeping the track at Batley in the past, I am SURE this had happened hasn't it? :confused:

I think the rule needs proposing, let common sense prevail!

G

spenner
16-05-2007, 04:27 PM
If anyone watched the cactus classic we could do what they do, marshalls straight out broom each and 'sweep'.
we could have finished the whole meeting sunday if that was allowed !!
The possibilities are endless, for everything else there is mastercard.

random end of the working day crap!!!!

jimmy
16-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Imagine how much more that track would have cost you tho spenner! :D 700 wishbones later.........

Cockerill
16-05-2007, 04:36 PM
What happens when heat 12 (F5's) are sweeping the track clear for the next heat, but due to possibly some inexperienced F5's they actually make the racing line worse for the next heat (Heat 1, F1's).

I think track sweeping has been done before at Tiverton, and it actually made the track worse at times as dust was left on the line (Might have been the Euro's).

Whose going to sweep the track every time and make sure it is consistent?

Do we have time between races for marshals to swap and the track to be swept (Considering we are already finishing very late)?

What if a hole appears, does that get filled in after every heat? Again do we have the time?

Chrislong
16-05-2007, 05:06 PM
What happens when heat 12 (F5's) are sweeping the track clear for the next heat, but due to their inexperience actually make the racing line worse for the next heat (Heat 1, F1's).

I think track sweeping has been done before at Tiverton, and it actually made the track worse at times as dust was left on the line (Might have been the Euro's).

Do we have time between races for marshals to swap and the track to be swept (Considering we are already finishing very late)?

What if a hole appears, does that get filled in after every heat? Again do we have the time?

Which is why the jiggly heats work ;)

Stu
16-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Once again Tom is the voice of reason.

The rule book is a bit like a baloon, when you sqeeze it in one place it just bubbles out in another.

Rules are always a compromise, do the ones we have currently make the best of all possible circumstances, while maybe not being perfect for any?

losixxx
16-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Some people have said use waterproof speedo's and that is a pretty lame answer,

sorry just don't understand how on earth you can call this lame?,
there made for a reason the reason being rain it rained sunday no brainer really!
i wouldnt have gone out in those condition's using a standard esc and if i did and if my non waterproof esc had gone pop then it would have been more fool me for running it in those condition's!

Northy
16-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Did the track get swept at a Batley meeting in the past or did I dream it? :confused: :confused:

ashleyb4
16-05-2007, 06:04 PM
No offence tom but thats a bit harsh. I think you should phrase it as Unexperianced F5's Cus not all f5's are useless. A perfect example of that is stan he is very high up in the standings and he is only a f5.

A
What happens when heat 12 (F5's) are sweeping the track clear for the next heat, but due to their inexperience actually make the racing line worse for the next heat (Heat 1, F1's).

woOdy
16-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Another thing about weekend at Kiddy is the rule of walking off the rostrom before the race has finished. Is the rule that you loose that round or your best time? Please let me know because if its you loose that round then the rule is null and void.

ashleyb4
16-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Yea i think this rule should be inforced in my heat i was the heat after alot of the top drivers including yourself stu and alot of the younger lads where going up onto the rostrum before the race was over. Also the rule about talking on the rostrum should be inforced as i found out in my final it is very very annoying and off putting.

A

AndyM
16-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Did the track get swept at a Batley meeting in the past or did I dream it? :confused: :confused:

i think it did at last years regional...could be rong :confused:

Southwell
16-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Please let me know because if its you loose that round then the rule is null and void.

100% agreed! I cannot remember who it was but the person who lost their time it was for that round, surely they only left because they broke or had a crap round!! :rolleyes:

PaulRotheram
16-05-2007, 07:19 PM
I think alot of rules were being bent/broken during the weekend.. it is hard to enforce every rule and the BRCA have a very hard task of running the meeting.

Talking/shouting on the rostrum i agree does need to be enforced more effectivly, in my heat there were a few drivers shouting when crashing, wanting to get past another driver, telling people to move - all whilst the ref was in attendance and nothing was done?!

I had to literally tell everyone to keep it quiet as it isnt the most easy of situations to race in when you've someone near you shouting about.

Northy
16-05-2007, 07:28 PM
You loose your best round score.

G

jimarea51
16-05-2007, 07:38 PM
WHY DOES IT ALL WAYS RAIN ON ME!!!!!

JIMAREA51

k£v!n
16-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I understand completly why talking on the rostrum would put people off, but it is going to be very hard to renforce isnt it?

Bathy
16-05-2007, 07:41 PM
You loose your best round score.

G

That's what i thought it was, which makes far more sense.

PaulRotheram
16-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I understand completly why talking on the rostrum would put people off, but it is going to be very hard to renforce isnt it?

The rule is already enforced, at every drivers briefing Paul Worsley says everytime that the rostrum is a strict no talking area.

With a ref being a few feet from the 10 racers on the rostrum a simple 'keep it down' is all that is needed.. this however seems to be overlooked in the lower heats.

Southwell
16-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Shame we couldn't lose Bathy :D

k£v!n
16-05-2007, 07:52 PM
The rule is already enforced, at every drivers briefing Paul Worsley says everytime that the rostrum is a strict no talking area.

With a ref being a few feet from the 10 racers on the rostrum a simple 'keep it down' is all that is needed.. this however seems to be overlooked in the lower heats.

Right ok, Ive never raced at a national before and was unaware of that.

Kev

Southwell
16-05-2007, 07:58 PM

Yes i would agree with that, i end up telling them to shutup if it's bothering me a lot, then you lose concentration.

ashleyb4
16-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I had this no offence to stu whyman but he started talking to him. But it was jay holmes so im sure stu was talking to him to calm him down a little as he was getting slightly excited about being in a very close battle for first.

A

Chrislong
17-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Yep, Woody I remember, it was Tricky in your 2wd heat. He broke his car during an outburst rather than an accident, then walked off the rostrum.

Sorry but if I break my car im going to just walk off the rostrum too. 10 seconds off THAT time is all that was given to Tricky, and all that will be given to anyone else.

Unless, dare I say it.... we have one rule for one, and another for the rest of us... :mad:

In some cases when people have crashed and stood back, id rather they leave the rostrum quietly than hoover behind me.

Chris

Bathy
17-05-2007, 08:09 AM
That's odd, I'm sure during drivers briefing they said you would lose your best round score/time of the day... I must have heard that wrong :rolleyes:

I see no point in that rule at all then; 10 seconds off a time when you leave the rostrum early has got to be the stupidest rule ever, as Ian said you’re hardly going to be leaving the rostrum early with your fastest time of the day. Who's idea was that one, back to the drawing board I feel!?

stuartw
17-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Sorry but if I break my car im going to just walk off the rostrum too. 10 seconds off THAT time is all that was given to Tricky, and all that will be given to anyone else.

Unless, dare I say it.... we have one rule for one, and another for the rest of us... :mad:

In some cases when people have crashed and stood back, id rather they leave the rostrum quietly than hoover behind me.

Chris
I think I need to clear this up.
From the Rule Book -
15.14 No driver may leave the rostrum until the race is declared over or unless instructed to do so by an Official.

17.13 Competitors exiting or entering the rostrum during a race may incur penalties as 17.6.

17.6 At the Referees’ discretion, penalties can be incurred for bad driving and/or corner cutting with any one of the following, depending on the severity of the offence: Official Warning, 5 second stop-go penalty (Nationals Only), 10 second penalty, 1 lap penalty, disqualification. The Stop-Go penalty area must be well defined and in a position that is practical to operate.

So if observed leaving the Rostrum you will incur penalties which have to be applied to that Round.
For your first offence - 10 secs will be applied - regardless of the time set.
For your second offence (in the same meeting) a more severe penalty will be applied e.g. one lap.

In this instance, it does seem pointless, but would you say the same if it had happened after 12/13 laps and the driver was relegated 20 places down the round?

Chris
Maybe on some rostrums that is ok, but what about Southport for example, or York at the Indoor Finals?
Would you accept it if a driver bumped into you as he was leaving the rostrum and caused you to crash, and costing you your best time of the day?

Doomanic
17-05-2007, 09:21 AM
So if observed leaving the Rostrum you will incur penalties which have to be applied to that Round.

And the prize for most pointless penalty ev/\r goes to........

P_B
17-05-2007, 10:05 AM
id rather they leave the rostrum quietly than hoover behind me.

Chris

I can agree that a dyson at full chat would be quite distracting.

bigred5765
17-05-2007, 12:59 PM
lol hehe nice one

DCM
17-05-2007, 01:08 PM
If there is one thing I can't stand, is people stomping off the rostrum cause there car is broke, bugger everybody else huh, lets just disturb/distract everyone else.

Talking is different to be honest, lightens the mood, arguing is a no-no.

Southwell
17-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Talking is different to be honest, lightens the mood, arguing is a no-no.

I don't agree with it, even talking distracts me. I may talk before i go up but ONLY when im far enough away to stop distracting others.

ashleyb4
17-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I think talking should be banned the second you put one foot on the rostrum unless is something like OMG your hair is on fire etc etc.

A

Kopite
17-05-2007, 03:25 PM
anyone who has a paddy on the rostrum really needs to sort themselves out! I mean, WTF!!! :eh?:

I do agree with not being able to leave the rostrum early, and no talking though. It's the only way to be fair to everyone, as everyone will react differently to being talked to before or during a race.

millzy
17-05-2007, 03:25 PM
talking cant be fully banned

A, some times you have to ask the reff a question..like Dad what the hell did you do to me car ( joke i never let him touch it)

B, when do you want me to pull in for the stop go.

C, reff can you ask marshall 6 to sit down

D, can i kep passed car 6.. some times when the reffs are watching car 1 -2 -3 car 5 or a car at the back making a move on a caught car helps as the rules do state to let the faster cars passed

little things like that help make the race flow better

Lee
17-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Very true Millzy, communication on the rostrum helps a heat but when people swear at each other and shout etc etc then this is not good. But a simple "lapping car six" or "dead car on the straight" is always helpful as the ref cant see all the cars all the time.

Kopite
17-05-2007, 03:37 PM
good call Millzy, i can see you being a ref one day u know

millzy
17-05-2007, 03:39 PM
see all the time!!! my cars pink and that one reff loses my car when we go testing...how hard can it be its pink!!

(oh hes going to love me for this)

swearing at each othere is bad, i didnt think you could swear on the rostrum ?? unless its at southwell and you can say what you like.

millzy
17-05-2007, 03:40 PM
good call Millzy, i can see you being a ref one day u know

haha I used to reff the welsh regionals all the time befor i moved to the mid west championship

did my freeking nut in, man people like to argue with the reffs calls.

ashleyb4
17-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I had this at kiddy i needed to lap someone and i didnt want to say car * can you let me though as im lapping as paul worsley said no talking on the rostrum.

A

wacattack
17-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I had this at kiddy i needed to lap someone and i didnt want to say car * can you let me though as im lapping as paul worsley said no talking on the rostrum.

A

I think its all common sense, a polite "lapping car x" doesnt hurt. Its abuse that we dont want.

Southwell
17-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Yes that kind of talking is fine, just to help you through, everyone does it at some point, it's when people have normal conversation that its offputting.

ashleyb4
17-05-2007, 03:56 PM
I wasnt sure my first national and i didnt want to loose my best time like i did at york at the indoor finals.

A

losixxx
17-05-2007, 03:57 PM

A

had'nt the car your were lapping ash stopped!!:D :D ;)

millzy
17-05-2007, 04:00 PM
harsh

dike didnt bathy beat you in round2?

oh and he beat southwell

harsh again :)

losixxx
17-05-2007, 04:01 PM
harsh

dike didnt bathy beat you in round2?

harsh again :)

he beat me in round 1 and 2 and overall saturday, about time only taken him 18 months...well done dave though, sure ian was in the hedge driving your car;)

although he didnt beat me as bad as i beat you on sunday m8......wait for the steam to come out of millzy's ear's!!

ashleyb4
17-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Im not that bad. I think i did ok for my first national. and first time ive driven around kiddy with grip as the day went on i should have put a quicker motor in the 19 was a touch slow.

A

millzy
17-05-2007, 04:04 PM
he beat me in round 1 and 2 and overall saturday, about time only taken him 18 months...well done dave though, sure ian was in the hedge driving your car;)

Dont worry Chris ive got his car and ill make sure he dosnt beat you at the next one

MattADH
17-05-2007, 04:19 PM
When I dropped out of round two and joined Chris Rowcliffe whose car was "waterlogged", we were both stepped back from the front edge of the rostrum to let the others get on with it.
It is only simple courtesy to do this in the same way as marshalling in the manner that you would like to be marshalled.

I am sure that many 'older racers' will remember the days of David Booth and Terry Wright who would give you a warning or a penalty for the most minor offence.

I undertand that there has to be a balance but think that maybe our refs are too nice and that more aggressive refereeing would cut down on some of the swearing and rule breaking...

Just my personal opinion...

Kopite
17-05-2007, 04:25 PM
how about if you swear on the rostrum, you get sent home there and then? Wouldn't that sort things out straight away?

millzy
17-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I remember doughty getting told off for swearing/saying somthing under his breath at him self for an error at Aylsburry national.

Southwell
17-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Dont worry Chris ive got his car and ill make sure he dosnt beat you at the next one

Gonna fall apart? :p

Southwell
17-05-2007, 04:29 PM
how about if you swear on the rostrum, you get sent home there and then? Wouldn't that sort things out straight away?

Nope because most of us swear at certain times, it's human nature. :D :mad:

Chris Doughty
18-05-2007, 06:40 AM
I remember doughty getting told off for swearing/saying somthing under his breath at him self for an error at Aylsburry national.

Yep... I was warned as it was my first offense (on the rostrum anyway)

Lee Martin
18-05-2007, 09:47 AM
i cant control my vocal cords while im on the rostrum....

sorry people....least i dnt shout...just talk to myself! lol

David Church
18-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Talking about rostrum courtsey, I was in heat 12 with Milzy, his car failed both rounds last Sunday, the first round he slammed/banged his hand on the handrail when his car failed, I know cause I was standing right next to him!!! Dude, I feel 4 ya, your car stopped!!! But did you think of us when you slammed your hand down???
Now before anyone jumps to a conclusion------I am far from from perfect!!! Well ...........you know, but it did get my attention, Milzy.
I have really tried to keep my actions under control (dont laugh) this year.
I only comment so people can have look at themselves!!!!!!!!!!
I did and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed much improvement.
It's good to understnd what your fellow racer is going through.
After all, we all want to say we had a good days racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope this helps, it's meant to be a positive on racing, not a nrgative!!!!!!!!!! :p

neiloliver
18-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I found (at kiddy) that it was people waiting on the steps for the next heat that were more annoying than those on the rostrum with me, I could hear them talking and joking, it was most off putting. I only spoke to acknowledge Stuart when he gave me my stop/go for jumping the start (sorry stuart:)... (i forgot what number i was.. i must have missed skool the day we were taught to count to ten).

I will put 'quiet please' signs up at Oz ro help remind people to Shut the F up.

N

PaulRotheram
18-05-2007, 09:44 PM
somthing from the drunken night time..

bigred5765
18-05-2007, 10:10 PM
whos under the box today then