PDA

View Full Version : Anodising

Titch
05-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Anyone know where I can post my motor mount off to to get it anodised.. it's looking a bit tired and could do with matching the rest of the car. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

PaulRotheram
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
what colour is the rest of the car? if its all FT blue id suggest just buying a new FT plate, as anodising is very expensive, especially for one off parts!

Titch
05-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Spent the last few weeks trying to find a Fastrax blue motor mount for my YR4-II with no success.. Can't even find the part number to see if the local shop can get it either :(

sparrow.2
05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
If you fancy a bit of DIY anodising check here http://astro.neutral.org/anodise.shtml

Fascinating! I showed the lady of the house what I was planning and got told NO!!! :thumbsup:

GRIFF55
05-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Many companies will not do just one small part, if they do it wont be cheap. I have had a few complete car done and they are not excited about doing small parts as they can easily be lost in chemicals.
I would suggest buying a new motor plate from the manufacturer to get the best colour match and to save a few quid (quite a few):thumbsup: