PDA

View Full Version : Great Ledburymcc race meeting 6th December

teambowen
07-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi guys.
Well all I say guys is what a great days racing.
Firstly, Many thanks to the GNR boys for bringing the amd decoder.
The day started with some great banter between the driver which carried on threw the day.
It was nice to see new faces to the track with Dan Blight making the journey from Plymouth and Peter Broome from Cheltenham.
The weather was perfect, 10 minutes of rain all day.
and with a turnout of twenty odd hardy souls the day was set.
WHO WOULD HAVE BELIEVED IT, no one unless you were there.
The track layout was tight which meant for accurate car control and great tight racing of which there was pleanty.
The track shpwed very little wear from the previous weeks racing and with a few track vhanges we were set to race.
Daylight running out became a slight problem during the Truggy A finals, but with so many driver wanting to do 5 qualifiers it was hard to say no.
The race results and Championship standings will be posted as soon as Nathan forwards the result sheets to me and i will post them on here and the lmcc website.
But below is a snippit of the days racing
Congratulation to club driver Milan for another great days racing even tho he had a fractured thumb on the steering controller qualifying top and finishing 1st closely chased by club driver Peter Jones in 2nd.
The buggy A final top three driver were at one stage seperated by less than 4seconds until Dan Blights leaking front bearing meant he lost power nearing the end of the final allowing Steve Morgan to come in a grab third place followed by club Driver Jamie Bowen in forth place.
Good clean racing which is the way it should be.
Club driver Roy Steward showed us how you can put a thunder tiger threw its paces setting the FTD and also winning the Truggy A final even tho he had a rather BIG motor in itWTF ! and in fading daylight.
Nathan Powney pulled up with a hub problem on his 1/10 truck whilst battling in the A final.
Steve Axe and Shaun Stenson also put in some cracking times during the day to complete some tight finals.
Congratulation to all the driver who attended, behavour, language and track awareness was fantastic.
I hope to see you all at round 3.
BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE CHRISTMAS SPECIALwoot!!!!!!!!.
More information to follow.