PDA

View Full Version : what pinion for brushless blaze

mikepro4
08-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Dear All

Have obtained a reedy 6100kv brushless combo for my blaze, but can't find any info on what pinion to fit.
she's running the kit 45 tooth spur.
The standard motor that came with the car can run 11-22 teeth , i already have tried her with a 16 and 13 and in both cases the motor runs very hot,not think the thermo cut out came in but, have been told that when running brushless you should go down 2 teeth from the standard motor, so should have thought both the ones tried should have been ok.
can anyone give me an idea of what i should start with?
regards
mike

Agt26
08-12-2009, 11:12 PM
When i had my blaze i would run a 11 or a 12 tooth pinion (with a tekin 6,900kv motor) on depending on the track, but never any higher. That type of small motor will always run hot in a blaze due to the cars weight and size compared to most other micro cars. However the motor should be fine so long it doesn't get hotter than 90 degrees i think? :confused:

Andrew,

learnerdriver
08-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Dear All

Have obtained a reedy 6100kv brushless combo for my blaze, but can't find any info on what pinion to fit.
she's running the kit 45 tooth spur.
The standard motor that came with the car can run 11-22 teeth , i already have tried her with a 16 and 13 and in both cases the motor runs very hot,not think the thermo cut out came in but, have been told that when running brushless you should go down 2 teeth from the standard motor, so should have thought both the ones tried should have been ok.
can anyone give me an idea of what i should start with?
regards
mike
mike
suggest you start with a small pinion, 11 or 12 and then check temp at end of race-if still cool, then go up one pinion and check again at the end of the second race-heat is the biggest killer of motors
we can have a chat on fri :thumbsup:

mikepro4
09-12-2009, 12:46 AM
have ordered a 11 from russ who is trying to get for friday, hopfully it will be with him in time to give to Tim to bring along, see you there friday
regards
mike

learnerdriver
09-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I will bring what pinions i have just in case, ;)