PDA

View Full Version : Best Bearings?

Rob
08-05-2007, 02:44 PM
What are the best type of bearings for rear hubs? Been using the ones that came with the Factory team kit, don't seem to have lasted that long before going quite notchy.

Wraggy
08-05-2007, 02:47 PM
mine went the same after only one meeting, since then ive changed to the Atomic Carbon ones and never had a problem since .click on link for further details
http://atomic-carbon.gforceimages.net/

ashleyb4
08-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Ok this is how it goes with bearings (well this is how i believe it goes)

Tealfon good at stopping small particles of dust but the seals are more fragile but these are the smooth good performance wise.

Rubber. These protect well againts dust and larger things such as small stones etc but they are not a free moving as teathlon or metal

Metal protect very well against stuff like small stones but dust can get is quiet easily but these are the smoothest bearings as long as they are cleaner and oilled regualy.

A

Wraggy
08-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Ok this is how it goes with bearings (well this is how i believe it goes)

Tealfon good at stopping small particles of dust but the seals are more fragile but these are the smooth good performance wise.

Rubber. These protect well againts dust and larger things such as small stones etc but they are not a free moving as teathlon or metal

Metal protect very well against stuff like small stones but dust can get is quiet easily but these are the smoothest bearings as long as they are cleaner and oilled regualy.

A
i think the word your trying to spell ash is Teflon..:p

ashleyb4
08-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Yea i can never spell that word

A

ashleyb4
08-05-2007, 03:06 PM
i think the word your stying to spell ash is Teflon..:p

I think the word your trying to spell paul is trying HAHA...:D :D

A

tc2k
08-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I had the same problem. Bought some generic metal sealed ceramics for £4 for 4 and they are still fine after a year.

millzy
08-05-2007, 03:32 PM
fastrack ones from cml are what i like to use, there cheaper than AE, you can get them from most shops that have a cml account

dont ask me the part number

Wraggy
08-05-2007, 03:34 PM
fastrack ones from cml are what i like to use, there cheaper than AE, you can get them from most shops that have a cml account

whats the part number ??? :D :D

millzy
08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
you realy want a smack :):):)

and i thought stan would be the first to ask.

if you realy want it there in the back on the cml book, or online at the cml web page.

dont be lazy have a look and save it in your favorites

mattym0310
08-05-2007, 04:17 PM
can you buy the atomic bearings seperately, instead of the full kit??

Wraggy
08-05-2007, 04:38 PM
can you buy the atomic bearings seperately, instead of the full kit??
not sure your probably best asking Jonathan Direct .
user name OldTimer.

mattym0310
08-05-2007, 04:52 PM
yeh okay, thanks wraggy

Kopite
08-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millzy http://www.oople.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=38057#post38057)

whats the part number ??? :D :D

....Beaten to it!! :D

I got rid of the B4 kit bearings pretty quickly, they seemed to completely destroy themselves within a couple of meetings. Has anyone else had that problem? Or am i just shit?:confused:

ashleyb4
08-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I had some good bearigns from microtechracing there unltra bearings are cheap and mine are still like new.

A

lud
08-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I had the same problem,those ae bearings are s**t. Using AVID bearings since then and no problems, really cheap though.

RLGfx
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
stan, the bearings are sh1t and so are you, so they went in half the time anybody elses did...:D

Col
09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Still using my original kit bearing from 3 years ago. Wet, dry, indoors, outdoors, track, street, everywhere and in every condition. Just drop some shock oil on them every couple of months and after water and they're fine (or mine have been...;) )