PDA

View Full Version : Shop / Distributor question - NiMh availability?

RogerM
12-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I am hoping that the representatives of shops and distributors who frequent this forum would be as kind as to give me some info regarding availability of BRCA legal NiMh Sub C cells for the 2010 season.

I've spoken to a few people / companies (but by no means all admittedly) about getting hold of some fresh packs of NiMh cells for the 2010 season with very little success. Any info would be appreciated!!!
Also if you've been into a shop recently who have stock but don't come on to oople then if you could let me know their contact details I'd be greatful.

I know I am very much in the minority by wishing to stay with NiMh cells rather than going to LiPo and I don't really want to debate my reasoning as I don't think it would add any vaule to this thread.
Suffice it to say that having evaulated all the options and NiMh is my prefered route for the 2010 season and I will re-evaluate for the 2011 season.

Thanks in advance :)

savageracer1
12-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Give www.radio-racers.co.uk (http://www.radio-racers.co.uk) a ring mate (the number is in my sig ;) ), he had some in stock not so long ago, couldent say if he's still got any, the web site is getting updated so all the stock is not listed yet, so just give them a ring mate

Hope this helps

Jake:)

stox217
12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I know of a good supply of latest spec EP5000 if you want the link pm me
ps there in hong kong tho as the only place i know of that lists nimhs is demon power products

Darren Boyle
12-12-2009, 03:14 PM
We still have a huge range of NIMH's in stock from most of the usual suspects (Peak, Orion, LRP, Reedy, Novak, SMC, Checkpoint, Corally and Schumacher) admittedly none of them have "just" been delivered, since no-one else is really asking for Nimhs now, but none the less they are ALL in stock in good numbers. In total we have over 300 packs from the brands mentioned above. With the exception of "Intellect" cells all of the other brands appear not to be affected by long term storage in their unbuilt state, although the IB's when left for more than 3 months are often "dead" when we inspect them. ALL Nimh cells when we sell them, we open up the packets and check the voltages on the cells prior to despatch to check they are as they should be. Many of the packs have been reduced to silly money to clear now and there are quite a few bargains to be had amongst them.

On another note, through Trinity, as their distributor we have available to us the full range of the latest and freshest IB4600, IB5000 and EP4600 cells, all available to order through any of our X-Factory UK Dealers.....