PDA

View Full Version : Winter Series Rd 3

Swiss
14-12-2009, 11:57 AM
All

This Sunday is the 3rd round of our ever popular winter series, please book in via our website to ensure your place. Remember entries are limited to 60.

See you there.

Paul

hashiriya
15-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi,

I've just got myself a B4 and looking for places to race. Would love to come down this weekend but wanted to check a few details.

Is it OK for relative beginners (I haven't raced off road for almost 10 years) to join in a winter series round?

I noticed you have a control tyre for the rear, but can you recommend me something suitable for the front?

Do you have any other particular rules which I should be aware of?

Many Thanks.
Maz

Smartalec
15-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I've just got myself a B4 and looking for places to race. Would love to come down this weekend but wanted to check a few details.

Is it OK for relative beginners (I haven't raced off road for almost 10 years) to join in a winter series round?

I noticed you have a control tyre for the rear, but can you recommend me something suitable for the front?

Do you have any other particular rules which I should be aware of?

Many Thanks.
MazSchumacher green slim minispikes if it's wet or yellow slim minispikes in the dry. Or you could try the Schumacher staggered rib in yellow but i'm sure this weekend will be greasy at best so it should be the mini's :thumbsup:

hashiriya
15-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks Alec. So you think a set of Green mini spikes all round would be the safest bet?

Dunc
15-12-2009, 03:35 PM
That's correct. The majority run mini-spikes front and back (in green or yellow compound).

Don't worry if you're not very experienced - everyone is welcome.

Thanks Alec. So you think a set of Green mini spikes all round would be the safest bet?

Huckster522
16-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Just been checking the 5 day forcast and at the moment its suppose to be sunny all day but a high of 1 degree.

Looks like the thermal undies need to worn for the day.

Piman
17-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Looks like the thermal undies need to worn for the day.

Now that paints a picture!!! :blush::cry:

James

Smartalec
17-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Yep, that would be what i'd spend my hard earned on :thumbsup:

Smartalec
17-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Just been checking the 5 day forcast and at the moment its suppose to be sunny all day but a high of 1 degree.

Looks like the thermal undies need to worn for the day.Be a good idea to put something on over the top as well though ........... if not for your benefit, think of us LOL :woot:

Huckster522
17-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I was going to wear mine superman style, on the outside of my clothes.

Might make everyone laugh and crash, whilst I take 1st place above Simon LOL:thumbsup:

hashiriya
18-12-2009, 12:53 PM
One more question for you helpful guys...

I can't seem to get hold of a full set of wheels and tyres for my B4 in time for this event, but I'm sure I saw somewhere that there will be a trackside shop. Is this true and if so I presume they will have plenty of stock of the right wheels/tyres?

Oh and one more thing, I haven't got round to booking in yet due to the lack of control tyres. Is this going to be a problem if I turn up on the day? or should I get my entry in now?

Swiss
18-12-2009, 02:44 PM
One more question for you helpful guys...

I can't seem to get hold of a full set of wheels and tyres for my B4 in time for this event, but I'm sure I saw somewhere that there will be a trackside shop. Is this true and if so I presume they will have plenty of stock of the right wheels/tyres?

Oh and one more thing, I haven't got round to booking in yet due to the lack of control tyres. Is this going to be a problem if I turn up on the day? or should I get my entry in now?

I would definately book in now, as this makes things easier on the day and the last one was full so wouldn't want to disapoint.

Wheels, The Raceplace is normaly their so shouldn't be a problem.

P

SimonW
18-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Just seen Ashwell on the news, snowed in with no power. Do you think Sunday will be on?

Huckster522
19-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Just seen the Stotfoldmcc website and read that Round 3 is now cancelled due to the snow, ice and electricity problems thown in.

so will see you all on Sunday 3rd of Jan for normal sunday meeting.

Have a good christmas and a happy new year.

Adrian

Kit Jones
19-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Yep Round 3 is cancelled. Please see other thread with pictures