PDA

View Full Version : Batley indoor new surface

wacattack
18-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Didn't we get evicted from the sports hall as they had concerns over our cars leaving marks on the new surface, and wasn't this tested by them providing a small sample of the new flooring fir us to test our cars on?

Well I was at the sports hall today and the flooring is what looks like a laminate wooden floor. Wasn't the sample they gave us nothing like laminate flooring? Have they fobbed us off by making us test a material that they never intended to use??!

Oscar
19-12-2009, 09:04 AM
As far as I am aware, the sample supplied and what has been laid on the floor is the exact same material, except in colour. I believe the sports hall has a brown finish, the sample we were sent is blue.
The sports centre are not "fobbing us off", speaking to Dianne, they were practically bending over backwards to try keep our business. I believe they even offered to supply wood boards for under pit tables, and some sheeting to cover and protect the floor.
It is though quite sad we seem to have lost the opportunity to use a facilitly which we have had the use of for at least 24 years to my knowledge, and certainly even longer for those old enough to remember;)

wacattack
19-12-2009, 09:55 AM
If options were provided so we could continue to race there, how come it fell through?

Hulk
19-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Looking at the floor last night the material is nothing like the sample given to us, well at least not the one i saw. The one given to us was really soft and when tested the cars ripped it apart and took massive chunks out of it. The floor thats been laid is wooden flooring. Looked like an ideal surface to race on if you ask me.
:confused: