PDA

View Full Version : BRCA Micro Section, January 2010 EGM!

c0sie
20-12-2009, 11:16 AM
The BRCA Micro Section Committee have called an EGM to be held on the morning of Sunday 3rd of January 2010 prior to the start of Round 4 of the 2009/2010 National Series.

The proposed rule change addresses an issue in the way in which ties after the final round of qualifying are decided. Currently a tie after qualifying is decided by using the discarded points (e.g. the 3rd and 4th best results) and then the fastest time over 5 minutes. However, the timing system does not support this method of sorting the ties creating an overall qualifying list which is incorrect and needs to be amended by hand on each occasion.

The proposal is to change rule 7.4 to read: (amendments in bold)

Qualifying will consist of 4 rounds of qualifying heats. Points will be awarded for each round. Tied positions within a round will receive equal points. The points for subsequent positions will be displaced by the number of tied drivers involved. A driver's best 2 scores will be added together to give a qualifying position. Ties will be eliminated firstly by using the lowest score achieved and secondly, by use of the fastest overall time.

A vote of members will be taken before the commencement of the race meeting on the 3rd of January and a 2/3rds majority vote for is needed for the amendment to be passed.

You WILL be required to present your BRCA cards at this EGM.

Regards,

The Committee.

sldmodels
20-12-2009, 11:25 PM
isn't this a bit late to be calling an egm on this?

c0sie
21-12-2009, 08:10 AM
No. You have 14 days notice, as per the Constitution, of the EGM :)

sldmodels
21-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Wasn't meaning that. I mean it's fine for people who are allready going to tamworth, but sunday's a race day, so some people will be elsewhere.

c0sie
22-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Cant please em all eh :)

Chris Doughty
22-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Cris, this rule change makes perfect sense. I'm sure it will go through (it really should!)

in addition to that, because the vote is being held at a micro race day, I think you will get the best result of a vote of people who are ACTUALLY racing!

Northy
22-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Cant please em all eh :)

You must try harder! :woot:

G

rich67
22-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Wasn't meaning that. I mean it's fine for people who are allready going to tamworth, but sunday's a race day, so some people will be elsewhere.
Who else would it matter to apart from those that are actually racing :confused:

markwilliamson2001
22-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Even though I am not going, it would be madness not to allow this proposal to go through...
Sarah...I do not understand you sometimes. You complain that the micro meetings are all down south, and the only one in the same COUNTY as you, and you complain about it? :confused::thumbdown:

gaffer
22-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Not going Mark, how come?

sldmodels
22-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Even though I am not going, it would be madness not to allow this proposal to go through...
Sarah...I do not understand you sometimes. You complain that the micro meetings are all down south, and the only one in the same COUNTY as you, and you complain about it? :confused::thumbdown:

I don't complain about the meetings all being down south, as long as I can get there, I don't care where they are, someone who used to race micros said that they we're all down south now, and he hasn't raced micros since.

I'm not complaining about the EGM being called at Tamworth, I don't know if the rule needs changing, but I trust that if it's important enough to be brought up at an egm, then someone at least thinks it needs changing, but I do know that not everyone that races in the series will be there, although there will be more people there than I've heard normally attend the egm.

I don't speak another language, so I really can't understand why what I've wrote so far is so hard to understand.

I'm not racing at this one as I'm racing at Stafford's carpet masters for the next three 1st sundays, so only attending the next micro meets that don't clash.

markwilliamson2001
22-12-2009, 11:25 PM
@gaffer

Already been booked up ready by relatives unfortunately, and I have work start back on the Monday and its in a school.

With more than 14 days off and away from servers and a network, I am expecting trouble!!

I will be at the proper EGM regarding next seasons rules and alterations for 2010-2011 though.