PDA

View Full Version : If you were to choose...

Mitch
11-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Hello guys, like the title says... If you were to choose from this kit, which one would you pick?

JConcepts BJ4WE
Yokomo MR4-BX (Theres a factory team kit coming out, I think)
Tamiya 501X

Which one will you choose and why?
Also, whats the advantage and disadvantage of a belt driven kit and a shaft driven kit?

Pro's & Con's of the above problem would be greatly appreciated.

Note: Let's eliminate the problem of parts support, lets just assume my local hobby shop has this buggies spare parts. Just want to know which bug is the best.

Thank you very much in advance and lets hear it guys;)

Mitch

Mitch
12-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Anyone?:(

Alfonzo
12-05-2007, 07:32 AM
It would have to be the Predator X11 ;)

I know guys who run the BJ & Yok and both seem very good. The Yokomo looks very nice to me, just suffers from the same as all belt drive, i.e. slipping belts & sh*t in the pulleys. But all cars need maintenance of some sort.

I can't comment on the Tamiya - but isn't it very similar to the Yokomo?
Personally I'm a fan of shaft drive all the way, but on the track there's nothing in it to be fair.

They are all good kits.

clunk
12-05-2007, 07:48 AM
i would also go with the pred x11,although not on your list. they are all good cars,so it really comes down to personal taste.
for me,the yoko would be a no,as i have seen many racers suffer from belt problems.the tamiya has had great reports,and everyone who is racing them loves them in our area.
but out of your 3 i'd go for the bj4 we.all the people that race them love them,dont see many break,and are quick and race proven.
but like i said it is the new pred x11 i'm having next,as soon as they are released.

Mitch
12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Thank you for your replies guys!:)
I dont think LHS here supports X11 so the three bugs are all I can choose from...I think I'm down to BJ4WE & 501x.
I appreciate your comments on this guys...any other who would like to add something?

Thanks!

myk505
13-05-2007, 12:47 AM
how about a hot bodies d4?

bigred5765
13-05-2007, 04:12 PM
xx4 losi

AndyM
13-05-2007, 04:48 PM
BJ4 WE definately

mattym0310
13-05-2007, 04:53 PM
bj4 all the way!

notlawnomis
13-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Thank you for your replies guys!:)
I dont think LHS here supports X11 so the three bugs are all I can choose from...I think I'm down to BJ4WE & 501x.
I appreciate your comments on this guys...any other who would like to add something?

Thanks!

Both good cars, I was recently deciding between these 2 cars, prior to opting for the BJ4 WE. There was a number of reasons I went for the BJ4, which some may agree with, some may not.

The Tamiya, has a open drive train and a belt system to look after, therefore requiring more mainantance, relatively. Being lazy the closed boxes and prop shafts offered a far less labour intensive car, only my opinion!!

I wouldn't say parts supply is as they should be for both cars, especially the Tamiya, in the UK. The BJ4, in contrast, does share some parts with other cars (Associated & Losi) so parts supply are a little better.

As the BJ4 has been available for a longer period, more people are running them, assisting with problems and set ups. This also means theres a larger pool of spares at meetings, although this may change in time depending on how popular the Tamiya becomes!!

I'm also disapointed with the service Jimmy has had, or hasn't to be more precise!!, from Tamiya, considering the good work he's done, and continues to do in the UK for this car and other Tamiyas!!

Performance wise its personal choice, IMHO!!

Lee Martin
13-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Aero........

Chris Doughty
14-05-2007, 07:20 AM
BJ4 WE!

good support for the car with quick UK drivers running them now. super snappy acceleration.

and if you really want to further down the line, you can turn it into an Atomic-Carbon S4.

Southwell
14-05-2007, 07:47 AM
My Yok is great in the wet but a real handful in the dry, i wouldn't buy one again....

PTRU
14-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Should look at D4 its good