PDA

View Full Version : Help with ipod

emtee
27-12-2009, 07:56 PM
This might be the wrong section, so apologies in advance...

How do I get music onto my teenagers ipod from the PC without using itunes? WMP just doesn't work!!

Jimmy Whitehall
27-12-2009, 09:26 PM
You'll need to use iTunes. The iPod needs to synchronize to your iTunes to put your music/pictures/movies on it.

raretomo
28-12-2009, 01:01 AM
actually you can get free software off the web to do it, if you hav a quick google 'how to put songs on ipod without using itunes' or something like that and youl find plenty of software that you can download for free :)

markwilliamson2001
28-12-2009, 08:39 AM
tbh though, I don't really know why you wouldn't use itunes?

Its really easy, and is properly supported software for the device, so...
I know that iTunes on windows is nowhere near as good as on mac, and that it slows down your machine quite a bit, but it is free. You can use winamp (i think to drag and drop stuff, well I did when I had my mk2 nano).

jenski
28-12-2009, 11:30 AM
tbh though, I don't really know why you wouldn't use itunes?

Its really easy, and is properly supported software for the device, so...
I know that iTunes on windows is nowhere near as good as on mac, and that it slows down your machine quite a bit, but it is free. You can use winamp (i think to drag and drop stuff, well I did when I had my mk2 nano).

I agree, I think i-tunes is fine and it also updates your i-pod with updates. I have mine set to manually manage to stop all of the wifes music making its way onto my i-pod. :thumbsup:

emtee
29-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Many thanks for your time guys... I'm a bit pants with all this teenage music stuff... (I remember when all you did was make a call on a phone...) itunes it is then...! :thumbsup: